Goofy Steve Taylor Ads
Luther G

Rome, GA

#25 Aug 13, 2012
Well you must not like kids or maybe yours are not worth troting out but Steve is proud of his.
So there
Melanie wrote:
His campaign is so predictable that it's comical:
(1) Trot out the grandkids for a newspaper ad picture and dress one boy in a Woodland Wrestling t-shirt, dress a graddaughter in a Cartersville cheerleader outfit, and dress another grandson in a Boy Scout uniform. Covering all the bases there Steve ;)
(2) Trot out the same tired old community voices that Melanie uses for all of her campaigns. New radio ads running with Dot Frazier Hall to appeal to the educators. Use Mike Fields to go for the city vote. And you ought to hear the ads. Sounds like they were recorded in Steve's hay barn.(Or at WBHF)
(3) Never address any issues - just have people say Steve is a nice guy while he sits on a lawnmower or stands there smiling. Sorry, voters don't buy that puff crap anymore. Where does Steve really stand on TSPLOST?(He was for it before he was against it before he wasn't sure.) He has been evasive on every issue.
Luther G

Rome, GA

#26 Aug 13, 2012
When did we start having to Registered as Democrat or republican?
You need to get the basic knowdledge right! Maybe you are not from Georgia?
And you are talking about Goofy Ads
Sitting on the Fence wrote:
How would anyone know if he was for it or against it. He was too scared to take a position during the debates. That tells me something, I would rather a candidate be for the tax and at least explain why rather than a candidate who is too scared to take a position b/c he may loose a few votes.
I never knew unitl now that it was a problem if you had differing opinions with an advisor, we are not voting for the advisor. But if that's an issue, isn't it true that Taylor's advisor is registered democrat?
Probabally, shouldn't have brought that one up, you just dug yourself into a hole...insert foot in mouth.
DDP

United States

#27 Aug 13, 2012
Cledus wrote:
Check Mike Bearden's campaign discloures and you'll see who his backers and campaign managers are and it's not who you said. I know for a fact the guy you mentioned has stayed neutral thru the entire campaign.
Oh and here is the video of Steve Taylor saying he is in favor of TSPLOST..."As commissioner I would support TSPLOST". Maybe that explains why he only got 37% of the vote. He is in favor of the largest tax increase in Ga history. You Taylor people should be very afraid. Busted!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FebR3H2vhg8XX
Only 37% of the vote? That's 15% more then Mike "I love to hear myself talk" Bearden got.
Sandy

Pine Lake, GA

#28 Aug 13, 2012
Steve and his political handlers thought there was a chance he could avoid a runoff but thought at the very least he would pull 45% of the vote. WHen he only got 37% they panicked. That means 2 of every 3 voters voted for someone else.
Cathy

Cartersville, GA

#29 Aug 14, 2012
Can Steve Taylor be sued for false advertising? I mean all the evidence shows this guy is liberal as Obama himself.
Clarissa

Cartersville, GA

#30 Aug 14, 2012
Melanie wrote:
His campaign is so predictable that it's comical:
(1) Trot out the grandkids for a newspaper ad picture and dress one boy in a Woodland Wrestling t-shirt, dress a graddaughter in a Cartersville cheerleader outfit, and dress another grandson in a Boy Scout uniform. Covering all the bases there Steve ;)
(2) Trot out the same tired old community voices that Melanie uses for all of her campaigns. New radio ads running with Dot Frazier Hall to appeal to the educators. Use Mike Fields to go for the city vote. And you ought to hear the ads. Sounds like they were recorded in Steve's hay barn.(Or at WBHF)
(3) Never address any issues - just have people say Steve is a nice guy while he sits on a lawnmower or stands there smiling. Sorry, voters don't buy that puff crap anymore. Where does Steve really stand on TSPLOST?(He was for it before he was against it before he wasn't sure.) He has been evasive on every issue.
If Steve manages to squeak thru and win, this will probably be the last commissioner the clique will be able to buy.
Amanda

Cartersville, GA

#31 Aug 15, 2012
The Clique's political gal used to be gold. She always won. Now the non-clique candidates have begun rolling up an impressive string of victories over the past 2 years. The cliques days are numbered.
Observer

Woodstock, GA

#32 Aug 16, 2012
Amanda wrote:
The Clique's political gal used to be gold. She always won. Now the non-clique candidates have begun rolling up an impressive string of victories over the past 2 years. The cliques days are numbered.
Proof of this?
Observer

Woodstock, GA

#33 Aug 16, 2012
Hank S wrote:
Just found out about Topix, never heard of it. I thought I knew Steve Taylor but I guess I don't. Some hard evidence on here that really paints him in a bad light.
If you take anything you read on TOPIX as fact then you need your head examined. Pro and Anti viewpoints included.
now now

Rome, GA

#34 Aug 16, 2012
WHO cares
Real truth

Cartersville, GA

#35 Aug 16, 2012
Sandy wrote:
Steve and his political handlers thought there was a chance he could avoid a runoff but thought at the very least he would pull 45% of the vote. WHen he only got 37% they panicked. That means 2 of every 3 voters voted for someone else.
Not bad in a 5person race!

So that means 3 out of 4didnt vote for Bearden either. By your negativity, Steve is the better of the two "evils"?

By the way....45 percent of the vote is about as close to 2 out of 3 as 37 percent is...math whiz!
Satchmo

Cartersville, GA

#36 Aug 16, 2012
It's all about expectations. Steve Taylor did much worse in the primary than expected and Bearden did much better than expected. Momentum is with Bearden. That's why you're seeing Steve start attacking Mike - his campaign is getting scared. Steve is also upset with his political handler. Thinks SHE has spent a lot of money for tactics that aren't working.
Nope

Cartersville, GA

#37 Aug 16, 2012
Satchmo wrote:
It's all about expectations. Steve Taylor did much worse in the primary than expected and Bearden did much better than expected. Momentum is with Bearden. That's why you're seeing Steve start attacking Mike - his campaign is getting scared. Steve is also upset with his political handler. Thinks SHE has spent a lot of money for tactics that aren't working.
I find all of that hard to believe. But thanks for trying.
Clarissa

Cartersville, GA

#38 Aug 16, 2012
The Bearden campaign has really turned on the jets this week. Taylor campaign so shook up that I heard his campaign girl had a meltdown at the Daily Tribune today. Anyone have details about this?
Reporter
#39 Aug 17, 2012
Clarissa wrote:
The Bearden campaign has really turned on the jets this week. Taylor campaign so shook up that I heard his campaign girl had a meltdown at the Daily Tribune today. Anyone have details about this?
I know exact details. Bearden was being his usual loud mouth smart ass, arrogant self and was told to shut up, which surprisingly he did. I'm gone try that next time he corners me up an tells me all the great things an great jobs hes had. Mike for the sake of all our sanity, SHUT UP.
Ummm NO

Cartersville, GA

#40 Aug 17, 2012
Clarissa wrote:
Again hard to believe...but thanks for trying? Steve gonna win in a cake walk.
Observer
#41 Aug 17, 2012
Interesting...Bearden gets hammered on this board about not "buying Bartow"...because he is on a limited budget and got a better price...and it appears that he isn't the only one who feels like money is tight enough that you have to make those kind of choices.

Here is what the Daily Tribune reported about the Cartersville City Council this morning:

After the vote, with the issue unresolved, the council debated about the merits of spending more money than was necessary to support a local business versus saving as much taxpayer money as possible. Stepp suggested spending the money in Cartersville could be the better economic decision over saving money.

Here is what Mayor Matt Santini said before casting the tie-breaking vote against spending more money:

"While I understand the concern about doing business locally, I think that [with] 8.1 percent and $7,494 of taxpayer money that I’m going to recommend the low bid as proposed by Public Works,” Santini said.“Actually, I can’t do that, can I? Actually, I’m going to vote no on that so that the motion does not pass. I apologize.”

You can read all about it here: http://www.daily-tribune.com/view/full_story/...
poor victim
#42 Aug 17, 2012
Clarissa wrote:
Yeah, I heard the details. I heard that Bearden had a meltdown when he saw the picture of Jeff Lewis and the DOT board in Steve's ad and started rambling on about "Chicago style politics" and "establishment attacks" like he did in the debate.

Everybody in the room rolled their eyes and Ms. Collier shut him down.
Ummm NO

Cartersville, GA

#43 Aug 17, 2012
Observer wrote:
Interesting...Bearden gets hammered on this board about not "buying Bartow"...because he is on a limited budget and got a better price...and it appears that he isn't the only one who feels like money is tight enough that you have to make those kind of choices.
Here is what the Daily Tribune reported about the Cartersville City Council this morning:
After the vote, with the issue unresolved, the council debated about the merits of spending more money than was necessary to support a local business versus saving as much taxpayer money as possible. Stepp suggested spending the money in Cartersville could be the better economic decision over saving money.
Here is what Mayor Matt Santini said before casting the tie-breaking vote against spending more money:
"While I understand the concern about doing business locally, I think that [with] 8.1 percent and $7,494 of taxpayer money that I’m going to recommend the low bid as proposed by Public Works,” Santini said.“Actually, I can’t do that, can I? Actually, I’m going to vote no on that so that the motion does not pass. I apologize.”
You can read all about it here: http://www.daily-tribune.com/view/full_story/...
What limited budget. The disclosures show they both raised about the same amount of money. Bearden just chose to spend it in Rome. Nice try..
Not really

Cartersville, GA

#44 Aug 17, 2012
If you look closely, a lot of Bearden's is his own money. I believe it is an indication of the way the two men approach spending money...Bearden is more careful when he spends it, Taylor wastes it on koozies, overpriced signs, and exorbitant consulting fees...not conservative. Besides, we have no idea how much Taylor has been raising lately.

Mayor Santini and half of the Cartersville City Council get it. It isn't their money, and buying local doesn't make sense when you see such a huge difference in price. This "buy Bartow" nonsense is an attempt to distract people from the fact that no one knows what Steve believes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is cheating on their spouse? 1 hr Sorry 23
Etowah Valley Humane Society @ BCAS 3 hr CCAL 1
Crown Inn 21 hr Scrumpty 39
bartow county ci list Tue AvengingAngel 22
LakePoint Sports Basketball Leagues Mon Herbie smart 2
Taylorsville Elementary School Mon Nouse4idiots 67
Best place to have car sex in cartersville (Sep '12) Sun Likeit 65

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance