Murder-Suicide In Carson Leaves Two D...

Murder-Suicide In Carson Leaves Two Dead Outside McDonald's

There are 52 comments on the KNBC Los Angeles story from Jun 16, 2008, titled Murder-Suicide In Carson Leaves Two Dead Outside McDonald's. In it, KNBC Los Angeles reports that:

Authorities on Monday were investigating a murder-suicide at a McDonald's restaurant in Carson , according to the Sheriff's Department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNBC Los Angeles.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rae

Batavia, OH

#1 Jun 16, 2008
Wow... talking about McDonalds drama! Thats crazy. Poor lady.
tara

Anaheim, CA

#2 Jun 16, 2008
kristina was a cool girl and loved to laugh, she will be greatly missed.
Yvette Davis - Arizona

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jun 17, 2008
I will always remember Kristina Reed as being a mother who dearly loved her three children. Everyday, she had something special to say about her children. EVERYDAY!!! She was a beautiful Lady, with a beautiful, pearly white smile, who deserved to watch her children grow up. She will be missed by many. My prayers and symphathy go out to her three children, family and friends she has.
Cola

Norwalk, CA

#4 Jun 17, 2008
Who was the dude? How old was Kristina?
Yvette Davis - Arizona

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Jun 17, 2008
Krystina Reed was 31 with her whole life ahead of her. I'm so sorry Ofc. Reed! God rest your soul, I'm praying for you and your children right now...
Amen
Loyal Reader

San Clemente, CA

#6 Jun 17, 2008
This is so very sad and seems to be happening more and more
often. What happened to just breaking up and going your own
seperate ways? Obviously the shooter had serious self-esteem
problems. It's a shame he had to take someone out with him if
he wanted to commit suicide. My heart aches for her kids and
her other family members. May your faith & good memories sus-
tain you during this very difficult time.
TXP

Tempe, AZ

#7 Jun 17, 2008
REED WAS A VERY SPECIAL PERSON AND MY FRIEND. SHE ALSO WAS A VERY FUNNY PERSON THE MOMENT I HEARD OF THIS TRADGEDY IT TORE ME UP INSIDE, I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY THIS HAD TO HAPPEN TO HER, I TALKED TO HER ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO AND JUST TO THINK THAT THIS WILL BE THE VERY LAST TIME I WILL EVER HERE FROM HER AGAIN. IT SEEMS STRANGE THAT THIS OCCURED BUT SHE WILL TRULY BE MISSED,"GOD BLESS YOU OFC.REED".
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#8 Jun 17, 2008
She should of stayed away from men, and concentrated on raising her children, maybe she'd be alive today, than ever meeting that scumbag that shot her.
Yvette Davis - Arizona wrote:
I will always remember Kristina Reed as being a mother who dearly loved her three children. Everyday, she had something special to say about her children. EVERYDAY!!! She was a beautiful Lady, with a beautiful, pearly white smile, who deserved to watch her children grow up. She will be missed by many. My prayers and symphathy go out to her three children, family and friends she has.
angela mesa

Mesa, AZ

#9 Jun 18, 2008
Bubbles wrote:
She should of stayed away from men, and concentrated on raising her children, maybe she'd be alive today, than ever meeting that scumbag that shot her.
<quoted text>
U dont know the whole story she did leave. keep negative thoughts to yourself. She was a beautiful person
angela mesa

Mesa, AZ

#10 Jun 18, 2008
When I heard the news my heart dropped.I instantly dropped to my knees and started praying.I kept hearing a voice saying I tried to get away. Don't worry about me get the kids. I knew that was her. Those who knew her know how much she loved her kids.I will miss her Beautiful Smile and Presence. May god bless her soul. I know he will she was truley a God fearing woman. Please everyone Please Pray for the kids because Krystina is ok in the Arms Of The Lord Jesus Christ. The kids are the ones here in this sinful world.
EEJ

Glendale, CA

#11 Jun 18, 2008
I will continue to pray for her and the babies...being that they are too young to understand....but i knew her to and she was always smiling when i looked tt her or would talk to her....but i'll just look @ the situation as in reality she is kind of in a much better place being with GOD considering how this world is today....
angela mesa wrote:
When I heard the news my heart dropped.I instantly dropped to my knees and started praying.I kept hearing a voice saying I tried to get away. Don't worry about me get the kids. I knew that was her. Those who knew her know how much she loved her kids.I will miss her Beautiful Smile and Presence. May god bless her soul. I know he will she was truley a God fearing woman. Please everyone Please Pray for the kids because Krystina is ok in the Arms Of The Lord Jesus Christ. The kids are the ones here in this sinful world.
kristi hayden

San Jose, CA

#12 Jun 18, 2008
to krystina reed and to her family.
i miss working with her and your family are in my prayers
we all miss you krystina
STEPHENS COUSIN

Bethel Island, CA

#13 Jun 19, 2008
THERE'S TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY.
WHAT YOU DONT KNOW IS, SHE DID NOT RESIDE IN LONG BEACH, HER RESIDENCE IS IN AZ. THEY MOVED TO AZ FROM CA TOGETHER TO START A NEW LIFE FOR THEM AND THIER CHILDREN. WHICH THEY HAD NONE TOGETHER. HE LATER FOUND THAT SHE WAS LOONEY AND HE LEFT AZ AND MOVED BACK HOME TO CA. HE HAD A GREAT JOB WORKING FOR THE CITY OF LONG BEACH.
SHE WAS MAKING HIS LIFE A LIVING HELL, AFTER HE LEFT. SHE TAUNTED HIM IN ANY AND EVERY WAY SHE COULD. SHE TEXT HIM TO ASK HIM TO MAKE HER HIS WIFE TO MOVE HER AND HER 3 KIDS BACK TO CA, HE REFUSED TO BACAUSE STEPHEN WAS THRU WITH HER. SHE SENT TEXT THAT SAID IF SHE CANT HAVE HIM NO ONE ELSE WILL. SHE EVEN HAD LOW JACK ON THE TRUCK AND WAS ABLE TO LOCATE WHERE EVER HE WAS. SHE CALLED LEAVING MESSAGES LAUGHING AT THE THINGS SHE DID TO HIM.
STEPHEN WAS AT MCDONALD WITH HIS NEW GIRLFREIND. NOT EVEN SURE WHY KRISTY WAS THER!!!!!!!!!!
DOES ANYONE?
STEPHENS COUSIN

Bethel Island, CA

#14 Jun 19, 2008
READ MY BLOG SHE'S WASNT AS INNOCENT AS IT SEEMS TO OUTSIDERS. THIS WAS A GAME TO HER AND HE JUST WANTED HER TO LEAVE HIM ALONE.

“Send 'em back, kids & all !!”

Since: Feb 08

Huntington Beach, CA

#15 Jun 19, 2008
STEPHENS COUSIN wrote:
THERE'S TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY.
WHAT YOU DONT KNOW IS, SHE DID NOT RESIDE IN LONG BEACH, HER RESIDENCE IS IN AZ. THEY MOVED TO AZ FROM CA TOGETHER TO START A NEW LIFE FOR THEM AND THIER CHILDREN. WHICH THEY HAD NONE TOGETHER. HE LATER FOUND THAT SHE WAS LOONEY AND HE LEFT AZ AND MOVED BACK HOME TO CA. HE HAD A GREAT JOB WORKING FOR THE CITY OF LONG BEACH.
SHE WAS MAKING HIS LIFE A LIVING HELL, AFTER HE LEFT. SHE TAUNTED HIM IN ANY AND EVERY WAY SHE COULD. SHE TEXT HIM TO ASK HIM TO MAKE HER HIS WIFE TO MOVE HER AND HER 3 KIDS BACK TO CA, HE REFUSED TO BACAUSE STEPHEN WAS THRU WITH HER. SHE SENT TEXT THAT SAID IF SHE CANT HAVE HIM NO ONE ELSE WILL. SHE EVEN HAD LOW JACK ON THE TRUCK AND WAS ABLE TO LOCATE WHERE EVER HE WAS. SHE CALLED LEAVING MESSAGES LAUGHING AT THE THINGS SHE DID TO HIM.
STEPHEN WAS AT MCDONALD WITH HIS NEW GIRLFREIND. NOT EVEN SURE WHY KRISTY WAS THER!!!!!!!!!!
DOES ANYONE?
That's very sad for him. She sounds like a total psycho. He should have shot her and been done with it. It's tragic that he turned the gun on himself.
Y Davis For the Record

Phoenix, AZ

#16 Jun 19, 2008
I posted this blog on another news page. It seems necessary to post it here too!!!
God Bless you Officer Krystina Reed!!! Rest well with the Lord. We shall be your voice...
I knew and worked with Officer Krystina Reed. Yes, she was an honorable Detention Officer, who worked for the Sheriff's Office in Phoenix Arizona. She was an outstanding Officer for the Sheriff's Department. And it was not a civilian position, she worked custody, Law Enforcement. She was an Officer! She graduated from a really tough Academy to become an Officer and it was NOT A CIVILIAN'S POSITION. She was very pretty and always presented a professional apperance in her uniform. She was very intelligent too. She was very well liked by all of her peers and Supervisor's. She properly left a two week notice upon leaving the Sheriff's Office in Arizona, to move her children closer to family. She left with an outstanding work record and was always welcome back, if she wished to return. Her last night with the Sheriff's officer, we held a wonderful pot luck dinner for her outstanding service. It was a lot of fun but we were sad to see her go. Her supervisors and fellow officer's have much respect for her. She was a wonderful Mother and not one day passed by without Officer Reed telling many kind stories about her 3 children. She adored her children and lived for those kids! She always put their needs before hers and being a single mom is difficult, but she made sure her children came first! Always! They were her pride and joy! Each of them, in their own uniuque way, she talked about. And you could see the sparkle in her eyes as she spoke of them. I am so saddened by Officer Reed's untimely passing as are many other Detention Officer's who worked with her. I am so sorry for her 3 children that their wonderful mother was taken from them in this manner. Officer Reed was an outstanding citizen too. Most importantly, she was a woman of faith. She believed in God and taught her children to love the Lord. She will be missed my many, many people, family, friends and the Law Enforcement Community in Arizona. Many Angels are surrounding her in Heaven right now and her children will be cared for and loved the way she wished for them to be. She will always be their Mother too! Nothing can ever take that away! She will always have us too! We will continue to talk to her and pray for her. She will live on in the hearts of many! God bless you Officer Krystina Reed! My prayers and thoughts continue for you and your children! Rest well with the Lord. Amen.
Officer Y. Davis
A PERSON WHO CARES

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jun 20, 2008
WELL I DONT THINK THAT WAS A REASON TO KILL HER OR KILL HIMSELF NOW THE SITUATION IS WORSE KUZ THERE BOTH GONE AND HER BABIES ARE LEFT WITHOUT A MOTHER AND HIS GIRLFRIEND IS LEFT WITHOUT HIM SO I DONT THINK SHE WAS THAT CRAZY KUZ SHES NOT THE ONE WHO KILLED HIM HE KILLED HER AND HIS SELF NOW THATS KRAZY BUT I GOT BOTH FAMILIES IN MY PRAYERS LORD FORGIVE US FOR WE KNOW NOT WHAT WE DO AMEN
STEPHENS COUSIN

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jun 20, 2008
For those who are thinking that I am condoning what my cousin did, please don’t. I do not condone his actions nor do I blame Krystina for this tragedy. I am simply giving everyone the benefit of both sides of this story.

I didn’t talk about her being an officer in my first blog, but since you present that side, let’s talk about it. It is evident that there are some very sick officers who have a lot of power and abuse it.. The fact that she was an officer and connected to the sheriffs was a contributing factor to her death. She used her connections to locate Stephen. She would threaten him with all types of actions if he didn’t agree to get back with her. Whether she could or could not do some of the things she said she was threatening to do to him, using her position and connections, is not significant, they were effectively intimidating.

Stephen would cry to his mother “Mommy this is not living, this is hell”. If you have ever seen or heard of the movie “Fatal attraction” then you have a pretty good idea of what he was going through. I have heard people say that it was crazy for him to do what he did, and I totally agree. It was equally crazy, however, for this woman to track my cousin down while he was minding his own business and attempting to move on with his life. As a previous writer said,“She should of stayed away from men, and concentrated on raising her children, maybe she'd be alive today…”.

By the way, one part of this tragic story that has not been told is that Krystina’s first husband also died. He was found shot in the head and a pistol lying in his lap.

Let’s not forget that all of the stories of deranged people who commit some of the most heinous acts have a side of them where the perpetrator is highly spoken of, and this in not to say that what they perceived was totally false. What I’m trying to say is that there are some demons and some dysfunctional behaviors within some of the most functional appearing people. This is one of those cases.

One thing that I do know needs to happen is a process of healing and forgiveness. And for any healing process to be effective we must open our eyes, mind and heart to the truth.
kristi hayden

San Jose, CA

#19 Jun 20, 2008
krystina is not a psycho... i worked with her and im a good friend of hers. she did everything she could do for her kids and she did not want nothing to do with her ex boyfriend.
kristi hayden

San Jose, CA

#20 Jun 20, 2008
knowing krystina she would not stock or harrass people she did everything she could do for her children i heard multiple stories and im tired of hearing bullshit that it was her fault. rip ofc. krystina reed. may you rest in peace let father take care of you. you are no longer in harms way. rip krystina. i miss you. amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Agree 21,446
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 22 hr Reggie 3,774
News 4 charged in Torrance parks kickback scheme (Oct '08) Thu Incredulous 217
Review: Inglewood Lanes (Jan '17) Wed INGLEWOOD LANES B... 100
you hid your drugs under a rock Feb 21 not sure 1
News Montebello pondering these ways to shrink its b... Feb 21 TRASH TALK 10
What has happened to Lynwood? (Dec '05) Feb 20 Playboy OBL 1,096

Carson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carson Mortgages