John Morris smooths over city loan after defaults

Former Smooth's Sports Grille owner John Morris has caught up on the city loan on which he had defaulted. Full Story
LBResident1

Long Beach, CA

#1 Sep 29, 2010
So Morris is now current on this loan. How many City loans has he walked away from? Investing in John Morris is like investing in Lehman Brothers. Both are bad investments for City funds.
LB res

Long Beach, CA

#2 Sep 29, 2010
So is Cal current on his repayment of the $600k gift from the City?
Just wondering.
JUSTIN_dot_TV

Long Beach, CA

#3 Sep 30, 2010
1. Why is the City loaning its money? Its not a bank is it? No.

2. If a borrower were a good risk, banks would loan the funds. The fact that you have to enlist the city as your banker should already indicate that there are problems.

3. Bars, sports bars, liquor licenses. We don't need another restaurant & bar; we need at least light manufacturing. Morris, consider putting your head toward manufacturing and GOOD job creation (not more waiters and bar tenders).
LB Res2

Long Beach, CA

#4 Sep 30, 2010
Once his medical marijuana businesses are up and running he will have plent of $$$.
Amazing

Long Beach, CA

#5 Sep 30, 2010
It's just a matter of time, the truth will come out.
Dig Deeper Paul

Long Beach, CA

#6 Sep 30, 2010
Who are these mysterious potential investors? Dig deeper Paul, sounds like there is more to this story.
fatso

Long Beach, CA

#7 Sep 30, 2010
The new owners plan to open a Latin fusion restaurant, he said.

----------
No better time to say,'there's a sucker born every minute.'

I bet Morris worked like a dog to keep them from visiting 2nd street. Maybe he even paid someone to switch the streets signs when they visited their future empty restaurant.

I'm telling you 'build a Wendy's and they will come'- who can resist a double-stack for only $1 !!!??? Then an evening of shopping at Walmart... Whamo, instant success!
oops

Los Alamitos, CA

#8 Sep 30, 2010
Hey Morris it is time to try another city. Belmont Shore does not need your sniveling ‘my-way-or-no-way’ attitude there.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 30, 2010
If he doesn't have the money now to pay off his loan, how does he think he is going to get money to open a new restaurant?? Another loan?

Good grief Long Beach ....
For a better Long Beach

Chatsworth, CA

#10 Sep 30, 2010
GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!
Dig

Lakewood, CA

#11 Sep 30, 2010
Dig Deeper Paul wrote:
Who are these mysterious potential investors? Dig deeper Paul, sounds like there is more to this story.
How about the chief of staff of a councilmember? Think big.
Anon

United States

#12 Oct 5, 2010
Why is Utopia and Creme de la Crepe in East Village, are not only able to survive but thrive in East Village, while Smooth on Pine is struggling according to John Morris. Could it be that John Morris only understand Sport's Bar business and not restaurant serving good food. May be he needs to turn Smooth into "Buffalo Wild Wings" Sport theme Bar, since Hooters is no longer his neighbor.
PatBryant

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Dec 5, 2010
John Morris, the former owner of Smoothes bar in Downtown Long Beach, and Stuart Ledsam, the founder of Belmont Shore Rugby Club, are business partners who have been awarded one of the highly sought after Long Beach medical marijuana licenses and are opening a medpot farm/store at Walnut & Wardlow, near the airport.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Los Angeles Register to immediately cease publi... 58 min J Freemont 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr The truth 19,248
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Next time 200,990
webpage: Long Beach Politics 3 hr Don 1
Give cyclists 3 feet: It's the law now 4 hr Dan 17
Los Angeles Is The Poorest Big City 12 hr Long Beach Native 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr ForkBelly 7,962
•••

Carson News Video

•••
•••

Carson Jobs

•••
•••
•••