Occidental Petroleum looks to drill f...

Occidental Petroleum looks to drill for oil in Carson

There are 3 comments on the The Daily Breeze story from May 26, 2012, titled Occidental Petroleum looks to drill for oil in Carson. In it, The Daily Breeze reports that:

Plenty of black gold is hidden in the sand and shale of the Dominguez Oil Field, Occidental Petroleum Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Breeze.

Tom Williams

Los Angeles, CA

#1 May 28, 2012
After a review of the Notice of Preparation, I fear for the risks that the Carson's people may be subjected to if OXY can get their 200wells drilled somewhere under Carson... The NOP basically says - we know what we are doing so Don't Worry, be happy... While others of us have seen and felt the heat and stink of blow outs. Yeah consider that OXY will pump up the wells to 8000-10,000 psi without demonstrating that they can do such SAFELY for those of us that live on the surface.

Don't worry about the faults, but OXY doesn't tell us where all the faults are and don't have the records and evidence that the old well of 80 years ago are sealed against such pressures.

Simply If you can't prove to do it right and safely, DON'T DO IT - BAN IT.
Tom
George Limacher

United States

#2 Jun 19, 2012
No blow-outs here in South Texas and no contaminated water either, thousands of wells have already been drilled here with no problems of any kind.
No fan of OXY

Alhambra, CA

#3 Jan 26, 2014
Dr. Clyde Thomas Williams is a well known and highly sought out speaker on oil and gas issues. He has an INCREDIBLY impressive curriculum vitae and resume.

If Dr. Tom says something is rotten in Denmark, I believe him.

Btw, the DEIR for this project is now available for public review at the City of Carson's website.

http://ci.carson.ca.us/content/department/eco...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Inglewood Lanes is new located at 4030 W. Centu... (Feb '16) 1 hr INGLEWOOD LANES B... 398
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Raydot 21,290
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 20 hr Andy Chapelle 3,695
News Proposed California climate deal takes aim at t... Fri RecoveringRacist 61
Review: Annual ARC-CAL State Bowling Tournament... Fri ARC CAL STATE BOW... 104
Review: Los Angeles Rams Oct 19 Well Well 2
Homeless Man on Hawthorne Blvd. (May '09) Oct 19 Ron 24

Carson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carson Mortgages