USC student killed in apparent carjac...

USC student killed in apparent carjacking attempt

There are 9 comments on the SanLuisObispo.com story from Apr 11, 2012, titled USC student killed in apparent carjacking attempt. In it, SanLuisObispo.com reports that:

Investigators say a University of Southern California student is one of two people shot to death in a BMW in what may be a bungled carjacking attempt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SanLuisObispo.com.

SP Landlord

Studio City, CA

#1 Apr 11, 2012
just watching this tragedy and another heinous crime in the USC zone .. news reporting a male suspect running from the scene, so they must have a basic description, which due to the current PC climate, will not be revealed for sometime by the LAPD nor news sources .. hoodrats view USC students as prime robbery opportunities and even more so if they are Asians .. hoodrat's mentality is that Asians students in BMW's are number one prime marks, with valuables, including cash jewelry anbd of course the new BMW .. hoodrats will many times kill their victimes, even when the victims are cooperating, happens all of the time

so, do any care to venture a logical guess on the basic description (two options) of the male suspect seen running from the crime scene and just how long it will take his description to be made public

the young white lady reporter from Channel 11 this morning, looked real nervous and was gulping for a few seconds when she was asked about the description of the suspect .. of course she just parroted that it was a male, that's it .. hey, what happen to a real news reporter who knocks on doors and digs up some info

students in the USC zone and at many other universties in LA, need to get real street smart and use extreme caution in their movements, especailly on thge adjacent streets in the evening

there is no safe zone adjacent USC, regardless of newer housing and infrastructure .. i do beleive though, that the actual campus is relatively safe, with the USC public safety police and city cops in the immediate area

parents need to rethink the adjacent off campus housing options .. many of these Asians and others foreigners and even sqaure kids from affluent so- cal suburburbs have no clue (naive, lame minded) as to the high danger area they are navigating in
sowhat

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Apr 11, 2012
I'll venture a guess and say male blacks wearing "hoodies" 18-22 years old 5'7" to 5'10" 160 170 lbs. and looks like they can be Obama's sons,if he had sons.
SP Landlord

Studio City, CA

#3 Apr 11, 2012
news spin..anything to defer the obvious suspects .. afteroon news pieces were reporting that the police would be looking into the victims parents connections in China..odds of a Chinese foreign connection are more remote than than being struck by Haley's comet .. news reports indicating that these well to do students, looking for cheaper off campus housing are going west of Adams & Vermont..yep, these were foreign Chinese grad students..the news footage of the street was third world ghetto

keep all of these heinous mad dog killers in mind, when voting for our new DA and the next Governor and State AG .. although I like many things about Jerry Brown and Kamilla Harris, the likelihood of even one state execution is more than highly remote .. even if Richard Ramirez (night staker) runs out of appeals and by some miracle the higher courts OK the DP protocals, Harris and Brown will obstruct it.

Tookie Williams, renown hoodrat gang leader, was executed after decades, for his mad dog murder of an Korean family running a motel not that far away from USC.

This no doubt made big news in China and other parts of Asia sending their kids to elite and prestigous USC .. some smart parents will be pulling their kids out and going to other west cpast ptions, like Stanford, Cal Tech, UC irvine, UCLA, UCSF (med school).

If one mmust go to USC, stay on campus housing, or drive twenty miles to Torrance or Santa Monica.
Lomez

Huntington Beach, CA

#4 Apr 11, 2012
Even those cities aren't safe.
SP Landlord

Studio City, CA

#5 Apr 12, 2012
Lomez wrote:
Even those cities aren't safe.
true, with the exception of Irvine & Cal Tech (Pas), but the USC zone takes the prize .. I attended two of the most elite and highly acclaimed institutions of higher education in our State, the Harvard's of the Eastside of town, those being ELAC & Cal State LA .. LOL
SP Landlord

Studio City, CA

#6 Apr 12, 2012
not USC's fault, this is a noble institution who continues to improve and reach out to the surronding Hood, but is fighting against all odds in keeping students safe in the adjacent housing zones and as they bycycle and wander aound the zone..way back when there was a movement afoot to move out of the ghetto to WLA, but USC made the right decdision to stay put, since they are an integral part of our City and greater downtown, which will emerge at some distant point in time

are kids safe in the surronding off campus private housing and transiting the zone? in relative terms, the answer is NO, this area remains a very dangerous zone, saturated by gangs, ex-cons and those who resent the perceived upper class (class envy)
sowhat

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Apr 12, 2012
SP Landlord wrote:
<quoted text>
true, with the exception of Irvine & Cal Tech (Pas), but the USC zone takes the prize .. I attended two of the most elite and highly acclaimed institutions of higher education in our State, the Harvard's of the Eastside of town, those being ELAC & Cal State LA .. LOL
What about Dominguez Hills LOL!!!
SP Landlord

Studio City, CA

#8 Apr 12, 2012
sowhat wrote:
<quoted text>What about Dominguez Hills LOL!!!
funny, Dominguez Hills Cal State U, just has a bottomn of the rung ring to it, sandwiched into to a nowhwere mans zone, an amorpohous blob .. grads are even apologetic for going there LOL .. many off campus housing options in Carson, Compton, Wilmington, hope they come with a prepaid life insurance policy..Cal Poly Pomona is another weird one, in the pecking order, one click up from the Dominguez Hills rung..btw, I'm in San Pedro, do not know why a Gardena location is showing up on my postings .. Cal State LA back then was the working mans college, guys in RTD and Sparklettes driver's uniforms attending night classes, turning out teachers, cops, nurses, social workers and some engineers
Bry91286

Tarzana, CA

#9 Apr 12, 2012
Never liked USC, it's a same such a beautiful private university situated in the middle of the ghetto. It was bad back 20 years ago and I can only imagine how bad it is now. Innocent young lives lost forever. Sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Long Beach Police Pursuit/Shooting 3 hr Ronald 2
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 7 hr Want to know my dad 3,616
City of Inglewood 19 hr INGLEWOOD CALIFORNIA 2
Review: McDonald's 19 hr MCDONALDS INGLEWOOD 3
Review: Chervon Gas Station 19 hr CHERVON INGLEWOOD 3
Review: Hollywood Park at Los Angeles Rams Stadium 20 hr LOS ANGELES CHARG... 6
Review: Church's Chicken Mon CHURCHS CHICKEN I... 2

Carson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carson Mortgages