Who do you support for Antelope Valley Health Care District, Director in California (Los Angeles ...

Posted in the Carson Forum

sound man

Santa Clarita, CA

#1 Oct 13, 2010
he is not a Dr with special interests
Rob Thacker

Riverside, CA

#2 Oct 14, 2010
The incumbent has already promoted expansion while saving the hospital from debt. Tough to do in this economy.
Jamie

Winnetka, CA

#3 Oct 16, 2010
Dr. Shah is currently a practicing physician who seems to understand the current downfalls of our health care system in the AV especially those important to residents.
Steve

West Hollywood, CA

#4 Oct 16, 2010
Dr. Parazo is an excellent primary care physicians with the tools to relate to patients and see the big picture when it comes to health care in the AV
Elizabeth B.

Lancaster, CA

#8 Oct 21, 2010
Mukund Shah has won my pick.
George

United States

#9 Oct 22, 2010
Fox is OK
Ruth

Lancaster, CA

#10 Oct 25, 2010
Cares about patients
Randy

Lancaster, CA

#11 Oct 30, 2010
Sad to say I can't find any track record for these canidates. To bad I will be voting in ignorance. Heads or Tails, we both loose.
Don Weiss

Encinitas, CA

#12 Oct 31, 2010
Steve Fox? Recalled from the hospital board some time ago. Saw him do a wonderful job of grandstanding at an AV Community College board meeting. A classic politician, for whom I would not vote.
Don Weiss

Encinitas, CA

#13 Oct 31, 2010
CODA: Steve Fox; credit where due - a good website; good expressiuon of issues and intentions; a long history of service. Can I get past an observed AVC Board performance? Don't know, but after a bit of research I'm back on the fence.
not sure

Meadow Vista, CA

#14 Oct 31, 2010
Don if I remember correctly Steve was grandstanding over the Measure R funds. He was fighting to make sure the money was spent where the voters intended it to be, on a extension of AV collage in Palmdale in fact he fought so hard they recalled him. He then came in first place in the next election, but the money was already spent on the new stadium for the collage not where the voters intended it to go. After meeting with some of the power players of the Antelope Valley I understand why they don't like him.
Reason being they could never "control" him and that is a quote from a heavy hitter in the AV. Lets look at the line up 1. Parrazo works for High Desert medical center who has contracts with AV Hospital. Conflict ? You be the judge. 2. Dr Shah not sure if he owns or just work's for a cancer treatment center in the AV who also contracts work with AV hospital. Conflict ? You be the judge. 3. June Snow, being a retired employee of AV Hospital, can not vote on matters concerning Hospital employees as it would be a clear conflict. How helpful is that to the employees? I am not saying that she has any ill intentions, but the board is elected to serve the people of the AV and the employees of the Hospital. 4. That leaves Phillip Tuso and Cedric Jackson. I have not met philip but hear kind things about him. Cedric is a community leader of whom I hold in high regard. He has experience and is a great speaker to boot. So to sum it up, there are three choices that wont be influenced by the special interests, but only one who has proven he can take them on and that is Steve Fox. If fighting for what is right is grandstanding then you will see more of it when Steve is elected. If you don't believe me just read the AV press they always target Steve like they say if you are getting flack you must be over the target. Steve Fox for Antelope Valley Health Care District. Check him out at Stevefox2010.com .
David M

Encinitas, CA

#15 Nov 2, 2010
I was considering Steve Fox because of what y'all have to say but I see he is endorsed by the SEIU so I can not in good conscience vote for him.
Lupe Sandavol

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Nov 2, 2010
Dr. Mukund Shah is the only real person who understands the downfalls of this system and has the proper plan for bringing change.
Glenn

Rosemead, CA

#17 Nov 2, 2010
I Think "not sure" should change his name to Steve Fox.
C_Inman

Hayward, CA

#19 Dec 29, 2011
Don Weiss wrote:
Steve Fox? Recalled from the hospital board some time ago. Saw him do a wonderful job of grandstanding at an AV Community College board meeting. A classic politician, for whom I would not vote.
Don. If "block 30 checkout" means anything to you, we've met, and have a Marine friend in common. RSVP. C. Inman S-77
CA needs this

Sierra Madre, CA

#20 Dec 29, 2011
The state attorney general gains new subpoena powers to investigate open meeting law complaints.

And members of public bodies who knowingly participate in violations are subject to civil penalties up to $500.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wanted: Ebola screeners at JFK for $19 an hour 2 hr Ronald 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr True blue 19,387
Beware of email stating: Notice to Appear, 12 hr Jan 1
Omaha street renamed in honor of Marlin Briscoe 14 hr Phil 1
CSULB holds candlelight vigil to raise awarenes... 14 hr Ronald 5
Carina Cristiano Returns Home Following Her Fat... 16 hr mr white 2
Long Beach police probe fatal shooting of 18-ye... (Oct '09) Thu NoHarmDone 130

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at October 24 at 8:52PM PDT

Carson News Video

Carson Dating
Find my Match

Carson Jobs

Carson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Carson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Carson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]