joe

Tustin, CA

#6530 Mar 4, 2013
Lou Colmo wrote:
Well I got disappointing email from ATT staffing today,All it said was that I did not qualify on the Premise Tech assessment during the one on one with the manager. He kept me in there for 30 minutes asking me questions an I thought I nailed it. WTF !!!
How many times did u go to att?? Like to test and physical test and interview... & how long after the interview did u get the email?
CableCowboy

North Hills, CA

#6531 Mar 4, 2013
Lou Colmo wrote:
Well I got disappointing email from ATT staffing today,All it said was that I did not qualify on the Premise Tech assessment during the one on one with the manager. He kept me in there for 30 minutes asking me questions an I thought I nailed it. WTF !!!
It's very possible he felt intellectually threatened by you and your answers lol, that's probably why. I got an idiot for an interviewer (shocking I know), and in my opinion it went completely terrible...but I ended up getting in still...we'll see how it pans out this Friday when I start training.

Apologies if you were really trying to get into this job, but maybe this was for the better for you to find something more worth your while. I have a gut feeling I'm not going to be here long, so I'm still out on the hunt for a better opportunity.
Torn

Dublin, CA

#6532 Mar 4, 2013
Lou Colmo wrote:
Blessing in disguise!
Lou Colmo

Saint Louis, MO

#6533 Mar 5, 2013
Cable Cowboy, You might be right,It wasn't a good sign when he looked confused when I said the word "DeMarc" He said what's that.

Joe, I went a total of 2 times,Took the apptitude test in November and the RJP & one on one this past Friday

Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise

Since: Feb 13

Columbus, NC

#6534 Mar 5, 2013
Well I checked my online profile and all it says is awaiting department review. It's said that for a week now. Can anyone tell me what's going on at this step of the process?
hemipowered

Stockton, CA

#6535 Mar 5, 2013
USMC87 wrote:
Well I checked my online profile and all it says is awaiting department review. It's said that for a week now. Can anyone tell me what's going on at this step of the process?
They take their time, mine said that for about a month. Have you taken the Drug/background/physical already?
eDGeZ0rZ

United States

#6536 Mar 5, 2013
Att wire tech -- do you work for lct?
CableCowboy

North Hills, CA

#6537 Mar 5, 2013
Lou Colmo wrote:
Cable Cowboy, You might be right,It wasn't a good sign when he looked confused when I said the word "DeMarc" He said what's that.
I'll let the words of Bill Engvall handle this one...

"Heeerre's yer sign"
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6538 Mar 5, 2013
As this topic is about pay thought I would post the most up to date info I have.
* District 3 Alabama Florida Georgia Kentucky Louisiana Mississippi North Carolina South Carolina Tennessee: Appendix B Prem tech moved to wire tech add duties SAi, pole (first time with union) 3 year contract min 354.50 (8.86) to Max 828 (20.70) based on three zones, takes 4 years (48 months) to reach Max pay, auto raises every six months, annual step wages increases of 2.25%, 2.75%, 3% contract date Sept 1 of each year.
* District 4 Illinois Indiana Michigan Ohio Wisconsin: Appendix F, already doing pole climbing work, 3 year contract min 490 (12.25) to Max 841 (21.03) takes five years (60 m) to reach Max from lowest level, auto raises every six months, 2.25%, 2.50%, 3% contract date early April of each year
* District 6 Arkansas Kansas Missouri Oklahoma Texas: Appendix J, already doing pole work add suites on crossover work for extra .60 raise added to new contract, 4 year contract, min 514 (12.85) to 865.50 (21.64) five years lowest to highest with auto raises every six months 2.25%, 2.50%, 2.75&, 3% not sure of contract date but believe also early April of each year.
* District 9 California Hawaii Nevada: Appendix E, contract not yet ratified but this district has highest pay scales, old contract Max around $22, add duties of SAI, pole climbing results in $1.01 immediate pay increase to all wage steps, 3 year contract with increase of 2.25%, 2.75% and 3% gaining 8.2% over life of contract.
Note: all districts now work outside and inside but cannot touch cable (core work) benefits such as senior schedule, health insurance, forced overtime hours and other conditions vary per contract.
Hope this helps clarify the various responses posted, as so much depends on what part of the country you are in, also IBEW in parts of Illinois has a totally different contract with ATT for Prem techs.
Bama08

United States

#6539 Mar 5, 2013
Milwaukee PT wrote:
As this topic is about pay thought I would post the most up to date info I have.
* District 3 Alabama Florida Georgia Kentucky Louisiana Mississippi North Carolina South Carolina Tennessee: Appendix B Prem tech moved to wire tech add duties SAi, pole (first time with union) 3 year contract min 354.50 (8.86) to Max 828 (20.70) based on three zones, takes 4 years (48 months) to reach Max pay, auto raises every six months, annual step wages increases of 2.25%, 2.75%, 3% contract date Sept 1 of each year.
* District 4 Illinois Indiana Michigan Ohio Wisconsin: Appendix F, already doing pole climbing work, 3 year contract min 490 (12.25) to Max 841 (21.03) takes five years (60 m) to reach Max from lowest level, auto raises every six months, 2.25%, 2.50%, 3% contract date early April of each year
* District 6 Arkansas Kansas Missouri Oklahoma Texas: Appendix J, already doing pole work add suites on crossover work for extra .60 raise added to new contract, 4 year contract, min 514 (12.85) to 865.50 (21.64) five years lowest to highest with auto raises every six months 2.25%, 2.50%, 2.75&, 3% not sure of contract date but believe also early April of each year.
* District 9 California Hawaii Nevada: Appendix E, contract not yet ratified but this district has highest pay scales, old contract Max around $22, add duties of SAI, pole climbing results in $1.01 immediate pay increase to all wage steps, 3 year contract with increase of 2.25%, 2.75% and 3% gaining 8.2% over life of contract.
Note: all districts now work outside and inside but cannot touch cable (core work) benefits such as senior schedule, health insurance, forced overtime hours and other conditions vary per contract.
Hope this helps clarify the various responses posted, as so much depends on what part of the country you are in, also IBEW in parts of Illinois has a totally different contract with ATT for Prem techs.
Thanks for the info.. I looked on my union website down here and couldn't find that info. Thanks !!
Hell or High Water

Lakeside, CA

#6540 Mar 5, 2013
District 9 is planning on a strike at midnight March 21 once this tentative agreement is voted Down.
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6541 Mar 5, 2013
Bama08 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info.. I looked on my union website down here and couldn't find that info. Thanks !!
Your welcome go up on this page to att wire tech post, in his reply I have a link for district 3 posting, enjoy your orientation this Friday, would like to hear from you in about 3 months or sooner as to comparsioin between, Comcast and att training and ,working the field. Best to you guys, by the way I am approaching 1.5 years as a PT, my first post on this site I believe was Christmas day 2011, as I was nearing end of training. On my last day of supervised rides I asked the senior tech supervising my work (a surplused InR tech) what he thought my changes were? His reply basically was there was so much I did not know, but be were you are supposed to be (GPS on truck) doing what you are supposed to be doing (managers will visit you on job site)You may be surprised the number of repair calls I go on after a customer has been installed and inquiry how the experience was am told the installer spend more time talking on the phone than they did to the client.. let him who has ears listen.

Since: Feb 13

Sevierville, TN

#6542 Mar 5, 2013
hemipowered wrote:
<quoted text>
They take their time, mine said that for about a month. Have you taken the Drug/background/physical already?
No. Done my rjp and prem tech assessment on feb 20. So still waiting
hemipowered

Stockton, CA

#6543 Mar 5, 2013
Hell or High Water wrote:
District 9 is planning on a strike at midnight March 21 once this tentative agreement is voted Down.
striking? Great....I start I'm norcal this friday... This doesn't sound good for anyone. What's the dispute about? Are they cutting pay or just refusing to give raises?
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6544 Mar 5, 2013
hemipowered wrote:
<quoted text>
striking? Great....I start I'm norcal this friday... This doesn't sound good for anyone. What's the dispute about? Are they cutting pay or just refusing to give raises?
http://district9.cwa-union.org//news/entry/fi...
Hell or High Water

Los Angeles, CA

#6545 Mar 5, 2013
No were pissed off for the year of negotiations for a new contract and the best they could do for us is a dollar and one cent raise having to pay more for health care have to do drop work and only given 30 addl minutes to run a new drop.... So bottom line after our 1.01 raise increased health care costs after the 3 year contract its been worked out to really a 10cent raise. So once the contract has been voted no we will strike for up to 6 weeks if need be to show our strength in numbers to att that we want a fair contract
hemipowered

Stockton, CA

#6546 Mar 5, 2013
Awe man, I'm going to have to do drops again? I was looking forward to not doing that for a while...I wonder how that'll work, going on strike while I'm in training? This is not good, I'm going to start looking for a new job before I even start at att...what a shame.
ATT wire tech

Maryville, TN

#6547 Mar 5, 2013
eDGeZ0rZ wrote:
Att wire tech -- do you work for lct?
No I was working PCS in Louisville,TN. They sold out their installs to a company from Georgia so I am with them now.
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6548 Mar 5, 2013
hemipowered wrote:
wonder how that'll work, going on strike while I'm in training? This is not good, I'm going to start looking for a new job before I even start at att...what a shame.
The contract represents over 17000 union employees including clerks and call center workers these individuals have nothing to gain by supporting PTs and will vote yes for the contract, in addition this is a year in coming with Federal mediation what do they think they can gain by voting against this offer which is the highest paying district of att operations (yes I know CA is high cost of living but all districts have various high and low places to live Milwaukee is higher in housing than Green Bay or locations in Ohio but everybody is paid the same wage scale) While I do not believe there will be a strike , I am not in that area, if there is one you must honor it and training (hence pay) will be halted till resolved. Remember that recruit motto: its not just a job its an adventure!
hemipowered

Stockton, CA

#6549 Mar 5, 2013
Well I can't afford to not be paid for 6 weeks...so I'm not sure what I will do. This is ridiculous. I finally find a permanent job with a company vehicle, and there's a chance of strike right away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 min Liberal forever 22,589
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 min Badass Jonathon 18,408
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 19 min SexSusie 874
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 49 min SexSusie 710
The New Southwest Airlines Has A Heart Logo And... 15 hr Deegco 2
Kanye West yelled at a fan in a wheelchair to s... Thu Big mike 10
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
•••

Carrollton News Video

•••
•••

Carrollton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Carrollton News, Events & Info