Review: Westgrove Dental Care - Mark ...

Review: Westgrove Dental Care - Mark D Barnett DDS

Posted in the Carrollton Forum

Chris Greene

Westwood, MA

#1 Aug 25, 2009
I have been a patient of Dr. Barnett's for over 20 years now and have never had a negative experience. I would not consider going to anyone else and would highly recommend him as a dentist.
Faithful Patient

Springfield, MO

#2 Jan 20, 2010
Doctor Barnett is the best. He makes you feel so comfortable, he is funny caring and gentle. I have falling asleep in the chair while having work done. I always had pain with dental work, assuming that is how it is. OMG, I never have pain with Barnett, he numbs the area where the shot goes, then with the shot, he does it slowly and rubs it in! Last and the best, Dr. Barnett is very handsome, he looks kind of like George Cloony AND he is single.:-)
trmt

Irving, TX

#3 Sep 14, 2010
He is a good dentist, however it's pretty expensive and with some hidden cost..
kwiley1123

Argyle, TX

#4 Dec 26, 2010
I have been seeing Dr Barnett ever since I moved to Texas over 18 years ago. I wouldn't let anyone touch my teeth, and trust immensly. I recently changed my daughter, who is 11 yrs old, from a pediatric dentist to Dr Barnett, and she loved him. She felt extremely comfortable in his office. He keeps up with all the up to date equipment and procedures. As I said, I wouldn't let anyone else touch my teeth, except Dr Barnett.
mkland

Little Elm, TX

#5 Jan 6, 2012
The hygienist at the office presented me with a treatment called Periodontal Maintenance. But what she did was just a regular dental cleaning. It included (1) cleaning with a high speed water jet, (2) baking soda spray to clean the stain on the teeth, (2) scrapping on four teeth. It was no different from the regular dental cleaning I received at another dental office six months earlier. The whole cleaning process lasted not longer than twenty minutes. Yet, Westgrove insisted billing the procedure as “Periodontal Maintenance” at a much higher fee. I asked the hygienist what she did differently from a regular cleaning. She could not answer. All she could say was that since I had periodontal treatment before (at a different office many many years ago), they could not bill the insurance as regular cleaning. This is totally false since I had the regular cleaning six months earlier and was billed as such. The hygienist said to make me happy they will change the billing to regular dental cleaning. Yet when I got home they called me and said that they would bill me as in the original bill, the Periodontal Maintenance. All they did was to switch the procedure proposed with a regular dental cleaning. This is dishonest.
Unhappy

Carrollton, TX

#6 Mar 22, 2012
I have gone to WestGrove mainly because of convience. However this time, I have had enough. Every other time I go there they tell me I need Periodontal Maintenance and refuse to do cleaning, try to sell me something else, or say they can't find my file. The first time I hadn't been to dentist in while so I went with it. Now I see its just them getting more money out of their patients. This time they said their was alternative so different person came in to explain and she said I need both, how is that better option? They also use a temp service for hygentist as was explained to me by hygentist when I commented thats its always different person everytime.
DwH

Dallas, TX

#7 Oct 26, 2012
The dentist is professional, however his office manager and staff lack the skills to provide accurate insurance information and often provide less than good customer service. After numerous conflicts with office staff, I will not be a returning patient

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There's 2 types of people that vote Democrat...... 1 hr The Truth 8
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 2 hr WarForOil 9,431
Obama burns ANOTHER U.S. ALLY.....Down In Flame... 2 hr Bubba 2
Frito lay's greco bails 10 hr guest 8
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 10 hr Logic Analysis 209
Just saw Donald Trump wife poses naked kissing ... Sat Yesterday 23
Trump for President, He will win. watch Aug 22 olive oyl 1

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages