U.S. patients choosing Mexican hospit...

U.S. patients choosing Mexican hospitals for price, quality

There are 46 comments on the Denton Record-Chronicle story from Jul 29, 2007, titled U.S. patients choosing Mexican hospitals for price, quality. In it, Denton Record-Chronicle reports that:

“Our country will go broke unless we find a health care alternative”

By ALFREDO CORCHADO and LAURENCE ILIFF / The Dallas Morning News [email protected] , [email protected] First in an occasional series When Carrollton resident Brian Woods needed laser eye surgery last ... via Denton Record-Chronicle

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denton Record-Chronicle.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sally

Houston, TX

#47 Aug 8, 2013
janie wrote:
Im going to monterey in may for a tt and lipo will let you guys how it goes :)
. Janie I want a TT and breast implants but I can't. Convince my husband to have this done Monterey. What dr and did every thing come out ok? How much would I be looking at for both. Please help and thank you.
Anonymous

San Angelo, TX

#50 Dec 1, 2013
I need a knee replacement and an ankle replacement.I don't have insurance.Does anyone know of anybody who has had that don in a acuna mexico.
yessi

Houston, TX

#55 Apr 6, 2015
Can I have the information to your doctor.
Eagle 0204

United States

#60 Mar 24, 2016
Mary Jane wrote:
I have known of several women who have gone to have liposuction and plastic surgery in Monterrey, Mexico and come back in very sad conditions. One of them is now in a vegetible stage due to too much anesthisia. Others have gone for plastic surgery and come back with unbelievable cuts and infections where US doctors have to re-do the surgery and they are left with bad scars from the first surgery performed in Monterrey. With all the drug cartel activity in Mexico I would not go either as a tourist nor for any kind of surgery. If anything goes wrong over there you cannot sue the doctors/hospitals because it is not your country of orgin.
You can sue them anyways.
Koloo

Dallas, TX

#61 Apr 11, 2016
PanchoVilla wrote:
I agree with Nancy, Monterrey is a huge city with Universities, great Hospitals, etc. People here in the US just listen to the news and the news only reports bad news.
When someone has some successful surgery, it goes unreported, if something real bad happens, it'll be on the front page.
A friend of mine went to Monterrey to have that laser surgery, now she doesnt where her glasses anymore, and she feels a lot better about herself. All for half the price.
Oh, my uncle Beto went to Mexico the other day to have some false teeth made, in Camargo, right here on the border, across from Rio Grande City, for about 1/3 of what he was asked to pay here.
I'm sure bad things do happen in Mexico, but double that happens here in the good ol US of A. The general population has this misconception that only American people can do anything, they just dont get it, all people in all places can do stuff, not just us. Why pay 2 or 3 times as much?????
I love my Mexico doctors
Eagle 0204

Carrollton, TX

#62 May 2, 2016
I had two surgerys done in Piedras Negras Coahuila, Mexico for kidney stones removal, here in Dallas, TX they wanted $15,000 dls. In Piedras Negras $1600 with great results.
It's a great advantage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 4 hr guest 157
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 5 hr Milwaukee PT 9,142
Liberals love dead babies. Wed ThomasA 6
Free Grandma! Wed End is Near 1
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) Wed Jennifer Renee 1,082
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) Tue GEORGIA 1,467
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages