Golfers Raise Concern Over Richardson...

Golfers Raise Concern Over Richardson Course Cash

There are 3 comments on the CBS 11 story from May 20, 2009, titled Golfers Raise Concern Over Richardson Course Cash. In it, CBS 11 reports that:

May 18, 2009 10:19 pm US/Central Reporting Jack Fink RICHARDSON Is it a financial hole in one? Records show the City of Richardson gives more than $1 million a year in revenues from its Sherrill Park Golf Course to the Golf Pro's Company, which manages the course.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS 11.

neal hibbs

Dallas, TX

#1 May 21, 2009
Ronnie Glanton is worth every penny that he makes. He has helped develop Sherrill Park into two of the best public golf courses in the State of Texas. He has built up the business through tournaments, programs and great course management. The city of Richardson has a big plus in attracting business with this facility, while spending no tax dollars. Richardson residents have some of the lowest fees available anywhere. Mr. Glanton has balanced the long range development of the Golf Facilities while meeting current financial needs.

It would be a shame to have someone manage the facility just for a short term financial gain, while ignoring the long term development of the course. Look around at other public facilities for a comparison.

It is also worth noting that we are getting one of the best pros as well as a management company for the price. Richardson would be worse off in the long run if they lost Mr. Glanton. He deserves to share in the rewards of his sucess of making Sherrill Park what it is today.

P.S. I am a 39 year resident of Richardson and play over 100 rounds of golf annually at Sherrill Park.
Irrate from Richardson

Dallas, TX

#2 Jul 14, 2010
$340K a year in individual salary to Mr. Glanton is excessive in the extreme. I struggle to grasp the 'worth every penny' analogy when we're discussing hundreds of thousands of dollars. By the way, the average Pro Manager salary for a public access course is less than half of what Mr. Glanton receives in compensation.
melinda

Norfolk, VA

#3 Oct 28, 2010
it's not excessive to pay him that much...you pay more for some guy to throw a ball into a basket or to throw a pigskin ball...my uncle is paid very well. and he does a really good job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 28 min neighbor 2,044
Were There Two Different Jesuses? 4 hr Ben Avraham 10
Principal Management Group and HOA's 6 hr PULTE is a RICO 2
XL Parts 17 hr Shelly French 1
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 21 hr WarForOil 9,881
Bare Minerals makeup! 22 hr Hmmmm 1
News Massage therapist arrested on prostitution charge (Apr '07) Tue Fart snjffer 29

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages