The man who sings on Josey/Keller Springs arrested

Posted in the Carrollton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jeff

San Francisco, CA

#1 Jul 29, 2008
Mr. Microphone, as he is affectionately known by local Carrollton residents was fined recently. He is known because he comes out, mainly on summer nights and sings what appears to be 80's rock tunes into a flashlight. He always stands on the corner of Josey and keller Springs in front of the Albertson's Convenience store. He can be heard across the street sometimes. He's very well thought of by locals and is apparently a favorite of Newman Smith High Students. He's been singing on the same corner for the last couple of years. It's unknown if he's ever bothered anyone and actually people really seem to enjoy the energy and enthusiasm he puts into his songs. One resident who recently called the police dispatcher regardin Mr. Microphone was told by the dispatcher "It's thought that he may be mentally challenged."

Recently, a Carrollton woman, who apparently was unaware of who he was, pulled over and mistakenly thought he was doing a promotion for a Dallas Radio Station. She had her child in the car with her, when she parked close by Mr. Microphone. She ran up to him and started yelling and screaming and jumping up and down as if she had won a contest. She saw his blue money bag behind him and picked it up thinking the "prize" was inside. This confused and upset him and he kept asking her to leave him alone and go away. She did not leave and he started panicking yelling and asked her to put the money down. He started cursing at her and then spat at her and her child who had walked upon the scene.

She got angry and called the police and charges were pressed, even though she acousted him and picked his money up. He told police that he was frightened by her. The woman attempted to press charges for assault with a deadly weapon(spit), the woman told police that the spit did not touch her or her child, leading the charge to be dropped. A charge, however, was placed for public profanity. It is unknown if he was arrested or sent to jail but it is known that he has a fine to pay. It is thought that the police have forbidden him from singing on the corner which has angered many Carrollton citizens.
katkids

Argyle, TX

#3 Aug 24, 2008
This really is a shame! He bothered no one and was actually quite entertaining while waiting for the redlight to change. It brought many smiles!
AWC

Carrollton, TX

#4 Sep 6, 2008
Just found this thread by accident. How interesting ! I have seen him a couple of times, but have not heard him singing (because the car windows were rolled up). We figured he was some eccentric protester yelling about something or other.
renee

Denton, TX

#5 Sep 7, 2008
Poor Mr. Microphone.
ohnoflo

San Antonio, TX

#6 Sep 9, 2008
Poor guy, dumb woman.
dick mosman

Irving, TX

#7 Sep 10, 2008
man that guy is the best I have not seen him in a couple weeks. I was wondering what the hell happen to him oh well
Amber Miller

Grapevine, TX

#8 Sep 10, 2008
What a shame! Mr. Microphone is awesome and that woman should be ashamed of herself!
shelby

Plano, TX

#9 Sep 14, 2008
i loved that guy.
he never bothered anyone he was awesome and extremely brave.
i miss him :[
Nathaniel

Carrollton, TX

#10 Sep 20, 2008
what the hell? how the hell is spit a deadly weapon? what a dumb b*tch. i hate stupid people like that. that guy was freaking awesome
Brenda

Garland, TX

#11 Oct 18, 2008
If this woman admits she was the ran up and took this mans money and clearly he was telling her to give it back then I think she should have been charged as well.
Not to mention running up on someone when you have your child with you, NOT TO SMART
Brenda

Garland, TX

#12 Oct 18, 2008
If this woman admits she was the one ran up and took this mans money and clearly he was telling her to give it back then I think she should have been charged as well.
Not to mention running up on someone when you have your child with you, NOT TO SMART
Zach

Richardson, TX

#13 Oct 18, 2008
i'm a local skater and i once hung with this dude with all my friends he never bothered anyone and was very friendly towards us. i'm gonna miss this dude.
ann

Frisco, TX

#14 Oct 18, 2008
I hope he comes back,I'd like to check that out!!
Skip

United States

#15 Oct 20, 2008
Well, he surely hasn't been sitting in jail since July, and hasn't been seen since. Did he pick a new location or did he move or something?
C-town allum

Argyle, TX

#17 Oct 24, 2008
A. The lady and her child are "mentally challenged" for approaching a STRANGER.(Kid Smarts 101) She's lucky he didn't have a gun.

Imagine how this must have looked from his point of view.
You're having a diva moment and are approaching your musical nirvana when some crazy eyed broad comes sprinting towards you, screaming and jumping. Not only does she ruin your song before the modulation but she starts to grab your cash!

I'll tell you what. I would have done a heck of a lot more than tell her to leave me alone, curse at her, then spit!
Fan

Wylie, TX

#18 Nov 1, 2008
We always called him "The Redlight Rockstar!" If she tried to press charges for assault with a deadly weapon, and they were dropped because no spit actually got on either of them, how the hell was this woman not charged with attempt robbery!?! If he can't sing there how is he supposed to pay off the fine? Stupid woman!
sarah20xoxo

San Antonio, TX

#19 Nov 2, 2008
that woman is stupid. he didnt mess with anyone. he did seem kind of mentally challenged but he was just having fun. she was in the wrong for trying to steal his money. if he said go away then she should have listened. she must be mentally challenged for trying to take his money. how could she think he was from a radio station? what radio station said that they would be there and for someone to take money from a bag?? none. thats what i thought. and calling spit a deadly weapon?? that's rediculous. she should be the one facing charges!!! if u dont know someone dont mess with them and dont try to take their things. especially when they tell u to leave them alone
fan2

Brady, TX

#20 Nov 3, 2008
This guy always made me smile after a long day of work. I think the Carrollton PD should have stood up for someone bringing some happyness to the people of this community, not ban him from doing what he loves. I am sad that my tax dollers are being spent in such a way, they could have been better spent by protecting him the way they should have. If some crazy woman from Dallas was assulting them then they should have fined her not him. Shame on you Carrollton PD.
Taylor

Melissa, TX

#21 Feb 21, 2009
What a dumb women. I loved him he was great. Lets get a petion started to get him back
Ryan S

Denton, TX

#22 Feb 24, 2009
Jeff wrote:
Mr. Microphone, as he is affectionately known by local Carrollton residents was fined recently. He is known because he comes out, mainly on summer nights and sings what appears to be 80's rock tunes into a flashlight. He always stands on the corner of Josey and keller Springs in front of the Albertson's Convenience store. He can be heard across the street sometimes. He's very well thought of by locals and is apparently a favorite of Newman Smith High Students. He's been singing on the same corner for the last couple of years. It's unknown if he's ever bothered anyone and actually people really seem to enjoy the energy and enthusiasm he puts into his songs. One resident who recently called the police dispatcher regardin Mr. Microphone was told by the dispatcher "It's thought that he may be mentally challenged."
Recently, a Carrollton woman, who apparently was unaware of who he was, pulled over and mistakenly thought he was doing a promotion for a Dallas Radio Station. She had her child in the car with her, when she parked close by Mr. Microphone. She ran up to him and started yelling and screaming and jumping up and down as if she had won a contest. She saw his blue money bag behind him and picked it up thinking the "prize" was inside. This confused and upset him and he kept asking her to leave him alone and go away. She did not leave and he started panicking yelling and asked her to put the money down. He started cursing at her and then spat at her and her child who had walked upon the scene.
She got angry and called the police and charges were pressed, even though she acousted him and picked his money up. He told police that he was frightened by her. The woman attempted to press charges for assault with a deadly weapon(spit), the woman told police that the spit did not touch her or her child, leading the charge to be dropped. A charge, however, was placed for public profanity. It is unknown if he was arrested or sent to jail but it is known that he has a fine to pay. It is thought that the police have forbidden him from singing on the corner which has angered many Carrollton citizens.
I think that this lady should be fined for harassment, because I've known people to do some stupid things to this guy just because he's there to do stupid things to. No offense lady, but if you can't tell that one singular man who is singing into a mag-lite at cars from on the street corner is NOT a radio station's giveaway program, then you should be the one that owes the government money.

Furthermore, I find it fun to try to catch what song he's singing when I drive by. I've noticed a lot of Linkin Park, some Guns n' Roses, Metallica... this guy has a good taste in music, and I've gone up and talked to him before. He's actually a very sane person, and he's not mentally retarded like you may think.

Anybody who knows the lady who got him in trouble with the law had better make sure to tell her that she messed up Carrollton's Chi when she got that guy in trouble. And tell her to please remove herself from the gene pool for thinking that he was directing a contest victory at her, ONLY her, and not all the other thousands of people that pass by DAILY!! and see this DAILY!!

- If only it was a crime to be a moron...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 5 hr SouthernCalifornia 9,699
News Five Texas schools land in top 25 of the best 1... 10 hr My Phartss 7
Rush Limbaugh Tries To Sell President Trump's A... 13 hr INS Vet 4
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 17 hr Inquisitor 1,045
Looking for female French Bulldog to breed with... 19 hr Lucigirl 13
Lyft or Uber delivery service Tue Mojojer 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Tue OnePhart 1,123

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages