Carrollton Free Press Standard News |...

Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Construction of $800 million natural gas fired power plant ...

There are 4 comments on the Carrollton Free Press Standard story from Apr 29, 2014, titled Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Construction of $800 million natural gas fired power plant .... In it, Carrollton Free Press Standard reports that:

Carroll County Energy received the go-ahead to build a 742 megawatt natural gas fired combined cycle generation facility Monday from the Ohio Power Siting Board.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carrollton Free Press Standard.

Notorious

Waynesburg, OH

#1 May 1, 2014
Qualified local labor ? They'll be lucky to find enough people with a high school diploma who can pass a drug test in this county.
big dummy

Athens, OH

#2 May 1, 2014
Give me the cup notorious so i can prove you wrong. I would love to have a good paying job here in carrollton.. Have my diploma also..
Spock

Dover, OH

#3 May 1, 2014
Notorious wrote:
Qualified local labor ? They'll be lucky to find enough people with a high school diploma who can pass a drug test in this county.
Yeah, if you are hiring from our local Jobs & Family that deal with people who don't want to work in the first place. Get a clue about real tradesmen and women (Carpenters, Electricians, Iron Workers, Laborers, Masons Etc.) from local unions that train and drug test their own.

I know plenty of pencil pushers, especially government workers, with a high school and college diploma who wouldn't know a real days work if their life depended on it.(Some of which I wish were drug tested!)

But I am sure our commissioners will be happy to bring in more illegals to shoddily do the work. I am sure since ROTC was cut the schools will have some funds to help with the non English speaking students.
Historian

United States

#4 May 2, 2014
Notorious wrote:
Notorious, you are a windbag of misinformation. Since you have so little regard for the real citizens of this county, and prefer illegal aliens to inhabit the area, I suggest you find another rock to crawl under, and take your personal insults with you. Carroll Countians are not the inferior people that you accuse them of being. You, however, are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Young boy hospitalized following lawn mower acc... Sep 22 Kittycoe5 1
News Ask Mary Beth - Where to buy reclaimed wood (Jul '08) Sep 1 EAST TROJAN 18
News Charges filed against Carroll County Veterans Club (Dec '12) Aug '16 okla yange 15
News Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... (Oct '12) Jul '16 Randy Miller 10
Debate: Gay Marriage - Carrollton, OH (Aug '10) Apr '16 Jay Mayle 3
jdm hauling carrollton ohio Apr '16 Jay Mayal 1
Nathan Snyder a Dad? (Aug '15) Aug '15 wondering 1

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages