Carrollton Free Press Standard Letter...

Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the Editor | Curt Mayle

There are 9 comments on the Carrollton Free Press Standard story from Mar 27, 2013, titled Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the Editor | Curt Mayle. In it, Carrollton Free Press Standard reports that:

While there, Carrollton Mayor Frank Leghart took the time to speak to us and understand why we were there.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carrollton Free Press Standard.

Billy

Canton, OH

#1 Mar 27, 2013
Curt, don't you mean local workers as long as they are unionized local workers!

Cut through the bullcrap. These companies are hiring a good deal of local help. Just not the Unions idea of local help.

If you want a job, you are qualified, and will work their schedules then you'll have the same shot at a job as anyone.
Alice

United States

#2 Mar 27, 2013
Billy, do you know the history of unions and how hard people worked to form them and how many people died to create them. Unions might protect poor workers at times, but they also protect the good workers that the boss might not really like etc. The unions have been demonized by the rich and the youth of our country who have never suffered to form or keep unions going do not appreciate their function. The rich get richer and you can keep working 12 to 16 hour days and until you're 70.
wow

Magnolia, OH

#3 Mar 27, 2013
Hey Curt, Wipe your chin off some dripped out!
Randy Miller

Cadiz, OH

#4 Mar 27, 2013
Alice how about some unions driving the companies into bankruptcy, like GM and Chrysler. There are good unions that help business and others that just keep taking like the two I mentioned.
Keepohioworking

Dover, OH

#5 Mar 27, 2013
I am glad to hear the Mayor was helpful! More than I can say for our worthless Commissioners.
Sandy

Dover, OH

#6 Mar 27, 2013
I was recently told that over 80% percent of those wonderful NON UNION , hopefully skilled, workers just failed a drug test. Nice, keep up the good work carrollton, You will be footing the bill to support them when the work is over.
Alice

United States

#7 Mar 27, 2013
Randy, figures you would pounce on unions. Do you fit in the old, white, Republican suit?
Randy Miller

Uhrichsville, OH

#8 Mar 28, 2013
I don't see that I pounced on the unions. All I said was that there are good ones and bad ones. I hope you would agree. Your just angry because I challenge you when you give an incorrect or a one sided statement/comment.
Bob

Wakeman, OH

#9 Mar 29, 2013
There are plenty of jobs out there Curt! Seek and ye shall find. Tell your union jabrones to lighten up on the Whaky Tabacci and leave the inflatible rat at home! Maybe they will get hired... Sheeeeshhhh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
will robinson (Jul '12) Jan '17 A James Manchin 2
News Charges filed against Carroll County Veterans Club (Dec '12) Oct '16 Mark Miller 16
Vote for Donald J Trump Oct '16 MAGA 1
News Young boy hospitalized following lawn mower acc... Sep '16 Kittycoe5 1
News Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... (Oct '12) Jul '16 Randy Miller 10
Debate: Gay Marriage - Carrollton, OH (Aug '10) Apr '16 Jay Mayle 3
jdm hauling carrollton ohio (Apr '16) Apr '16 Jay Mayal 1

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages