Two Carroll County men hospitalized

Full story: Carrollton Free Press Standard

Two Carrollton men remain hospitalized today after attempting to launch a vehicle off the end of the runway at the Carroll County Airport early this morning.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 59 of59
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Historian

Dover, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Prayers to all.
another anonymous a**hole

Carrollton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Red Bull gives you wiiiiiiiings!
Autumn Raymond

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

This story is about ME. I am going to defend the actions of these two numbskulls regardless.
The real Autumn Raymond

Massillon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Autumn Raymond wrote:
This story is about ME. I am going to defend the actions of these two numbskulls regardless.
Nice, real nature.
The real Autumn Raymond

Massillon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

The real Autumn Raymond wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, real nature.
*mature
Melody Murphy

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

My husband was one of the men in this accident. Yes, they were stupid, probably not thinking at the time, but this was not something that they were purposely trying to do. The FPS is the only newspaper that worded the article like they were trying to be stunt men, launching their vehicle off the runway. None of you were in the vehicle, none of you know what truly happened. Please stop speculating on what you THINK happened. Yes, thank God nobody else was injured or hurt. Please try to remember that when you say you're prayers and thoughts are with their families that your posts of negativity aren't helping us at all. I understand that the article makes it sound like this was on purpose, but that is just NOT the case. They used poor judgement, yes, they are grown men, yes, but everyone makes mistakes from time to time. They are BOTH good people. What's done is done, please focus on the present. A man is fighting for his life, prayers are needed for him and his family. I know my husband's life is forever changed, as well as Dave's.
Dukes of Hazard

Clyde, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

I know a guy who drove drunk a few years ago and killed his friend who was a passenger in the car with him. It went off the road and rolled over. Needless to say he spent a year in prison and to this day still drinks and drives. The point of this story is he did not learn his lesson. I just want to know when they are going to perform their next jump so I can be there to video tape it.
Jive Turkey

Independence, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

I sure hope the alcohol suspected to be a contributing factor proves to be true. If it wasn't alcohol, we can attribute it to plain stupidity.
Laurie

Pontiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

I feel bad for the family and friends of these men but really what was they thinking. How many people have to work different shifts thank god no one else got hurt in all of this and hopefully they live through this and decide that it was a really stupid choice for them and their families.
another anonymous a**hole

Carrollton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Autumn Raymond wrote:
You can defend the two people, I'd say you probably can't defend the actions.
Seriously

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Just a reminder...
•Be appropriate. Posts with obscene language will be deleted.
•Be polite. Posts containing personal attacks, insults, or threats will be deleted.
Thinking the FP needs to delete several of these comments or just shut them down period! Besides, anyone who can reference God & prayers in a comment that contains profanity shouldn't be taken seriously anyhow!
Caroline

Dover, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Wow! When I was sent the link to this page, the last thing I expected for find was 50+ comments! This is a story that shouldn't even be worth discussing. BOTH of these ADULTS knew exactly what they were doing and for some of you people to sit here and send your prayers or defend them is laughable. The fact that they both have families and children just compounds their selfish choice to do something so stupid. The driver - I'd expect this kind of behavior from him. The passenger, not so much. Mr. Newbold is a drunk and an addict from way back. I'm just glad he didn't kill anybody in his infinite drunken wisdom. People need to stop acting like this was some teenage prank that deserves our sympathy or pardon. These are grown men. Shaking my head at all this nonsense. I hope he gets what he deserves. Way to set an example for your kids!!
retardo ricardo

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

How can melody and autumn both say the story is inaccurate yet not post anything to support their theory???? Still sounds like 2 drunk idiots seeking a thrill without thinkin of their families
Enos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

I was in the car. We agreed on going full boar's nest
dean shotwell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

"Yes this was my husband but this isn't something they were trying to do". Huh? Pretty sure they did exactly what they wanted to do there spin machine. You can't defend this level of stupidity. Take your lumps and go away.
Elaine

Clyde, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

This is terrible! It is awful that 2 grown men chose to do this. This was an intentional act and not an accident. Clearly some do not know the difference. They were not forced onto that runway in the wee hours of the morning. I feel so incredibly sorry that the wives and children of these men have to go through this. Yes, we all have made some stupid choices, but these are usually made when we are very young and naive. There is a point in life when it is time to grow up and become an adult. Ideally a person who has a spouse and especially children should think of how their actions may effect them. The first mistake made by these 2 men was to get behind the wheel of a car when they clearly must have been impaired by something, whether it be alcohol or something else. If you want to party, fine, then do so, but make prior arrangements with someone to get you home safely. It is really as simple as that. While my sympathy goes out to the families, I do find it difficult to feel sorry for these men. I have had to face my own mortality myself by no doing of my own. I had to face a disease that I was told could never have been prevented. When many people would be thinking "why me", I was terrified of leaving my children without their mother. This is what a responsible parent does. So I have to dig very deep to feel anything for these 2 men because unlike my situation, they had a choice. They did not put their desires and need to have a good time (if that's what you call it) aside for the sake of their family. They made a selfish choice and are now forced to suffer the consequences. I only hope that the family of the driver (whom I understand is still fighting), does not have to pay the ultimate price...The loss of their beloved husband, father, son, etc as a result of his ignorant decisions!
Free Press Standard

Sharon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Please everyone, stop with the vulgar language. It serves no purpose here. Post with any vulgar language will be deleted, many already have. Good discussion going here, but please keep it clean.
Thanks
The Free Press Standard
stupidity

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

I know media isn't making this up. I know 1st hand what story Travis tried to tell a bystander when he went to his house asking for help. he called it an accident.. After the gentleman who helped him couldn't find an accident scene anywhere then it was clear that this was not an accident. this was done on purpose.. Travis even told "him" that the driver speed up as they were coming to end of the runway. I feel for all families involved. He is fighting for his life in the hospital over a decision that they choose to do.. not sure where the sympathy comes into to play for me at with him but the only sympathy I have is for his family.. Esp if he dies then you must tell his children that your dad made a stupid drunk choice and that is why he died.. He CHOOSE to speed up and launch the Kia off the runway. this clearly was not an ACCIDENT.
Kia

Independence, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Seriously, a Kia? Don't those things top out at 65mph?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 59 of59
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Carrollton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••