Two Carroll County men hospitalized

Two Carrollton men remain hospitalized today after attempting to launch a vehicle off the end of the runway at the Carroll County Airport early this morning. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cheryl Anne Groth

Canton, OH

#1 Nov 24, 2012
Such a tragedy! Sending my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery for both David and Travis.
unknown

Marysville, OH

#3 Nov 24, 2012
how can you call this a tragedy its more like stupidity to me.
anonymous

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 Nov 24, 2012
Yes..such a tragedy two morons who don't even have the common sense to put on a seat belt tried to launch a vehicle off a runway. Glad they didn't injure anyone. The only tragedy is that natural selection dropped the ball on this.
Autumn Raymond

Massillon, OH

#5 Nov 24, 2012
Helen Keller wrote:
Are you sure heroin wasnt involved. It seems to be the new choice drug in Carrollton these days.
Really "Helen Keller?" First of all, just because Carrollton has been said to have a heroin problem does not mean that everything bad that happens involves heroin. Second of all, these men have families (including small children)that are thankful they are alive. So, before you make ridiculous accusations, why don't you consider their loved ones. Thank you.
Autumn Raymond

Massillon, OH

#6 Nov 24, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Yes..such a tragedy two morons who don't even have the common sense to put on a seat belt tried to launch a vehicle off a runway. Glad they didn't injure anyone. The only tragedy is that natural selection dropped the ball on this.
Are you kidding me? These "morons" that you speak of have babies. It's amazing how the only people that choose to be so bold are anonymous or go by an alias.
Autumn Raymond

Massillon, OH

#8 Nov 24, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame they aren't responsible enough to think of the babies and families of others, let alone their own families and babies BEFORE PURPOSEFULLY LAUNCHING A VEHICLE OFF A RUNWAY AT 4AM!!! A tragedy is all the kids without parents due to accidents involving drunk drivers and accidental and untimely deaths. Hopefully that was a wake-up call.
I am one of their family members - btw...AND...I am thinking that they didn't PURPOSEFULLY "Launch" their car off of the runway. Did we ever stop to think that papers and media always print a hook to get people to read their "stories?" I lost a family member to a drunk driving incident years ago...I know it is a huge tragedy. But the fact that you chose to say "The only tragedy is that natural selection dropped the ball on this." Who do you think you are? You are not the judge nor the jury of these men.
momma

Magnolia, OH

#10 Nov 24, 2012
31 years old! 31 years old???
Samantha Jacobs

Martin, OH

#11 Nov 24, 2012
Prayers to Dave and family.
Everyone makes mistakes, doesn't make you a bad person. There are plenty of us that actually care about you. Don't let the people that form an opinion of you from an article bring you down. Not saying it was okay, but everyone has something they with they could take back. We know you are a good person and a good father. People's words can't change that.
Crystal Deitrick

Dover, OH

#12 Nov 24, 2012
Alcohol was involved! They felt invicable? Sad and stupid.
Bev Graham

Carson City, NV

#13 Nov 24, 2012
Wow!!!!!!!!!!
tammy newbold-white

United States

#14 Nov 24, 2012
Seriously! Stop making your own assumptions until the investigation is over! My cousin David is fighting for his life, and adults should RESPECT the family! To everyone who has shown compassion, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. For everyone else, I PRAY you never have to deal with this and heare the BS I have!
Anon

Columbus, OH

#15 Nov 24, 2012
You'd be singing a different tune if someone had been killed by them on their way to the airport to do their stupid stunt or if someone had been killed during it! Then who would you be feeling sorry for??
retardo ricardo

Canton, OH

#16 Nov 24, 2012
Hmmm lets see.... so they "accidentally " drove the car onto the airport at a high rate of speed and by "mistake" went off the end "mysteriously" crashing into a bunch of trees???? Sounds to me like a 31 yr old drunk idiot who cant grow up decided it would be "cool" to jump a road at the end of an airport! Sorry but not a hook story by the media. MORONS.....
retardo ricardo

Canton, OH

#17 Nov 24, 2012
Lmao seriously.....an investigation.???? Its a federal offense to drive on a runway let alone jump the road at the end of it
Autumn Raymond

Massillon, OH

#18 Nov 24, 2012
retardo ricardo wrote:
Lmao seriously.....an investigation.???? Its a federal offense to drive on a runway let alone jump the road at the end of it
again...yet another person that can't seem to use their actual name when making light of a serious situation. A situation where families are waiting while their loved one fights for survival.
Really? Do you people just sit by your computer and wait for topics to come up on the Free Press page so that you can join in on the Carrollton small town gossip??
a grown up

Hilliard, OH

#19 Nov 24, 2012
The worse thing about a bad situation is the fact that negative ppl come together to say negative things about ppl! here is some news for u negative ppl they didn't harm any bystanders so enough with the what if statements. If I was a family member of the men in this I would retaliate too. I m not and I feel the need to simply because I went to school with them and know for a fact they are convicted themselves for what they did !
Seriously

Upper Sandusky, OH

#20 Nov 24, 2012
Judge not, lest ye be judged...bad choices are something we've all made at one time or another. Thankfully this situation was not worse, but making mean and ridiculous comments only adds to the hurt these families are already dealing with. Try doing something constructive for a change - like praying for these men and their families!
Susan

Elyria, OH

#22 Nov 24, 2012
Let's see.....two 31 year olds are at the airport driving their vehicle on the airport strip at 4am?? Yes, they have families and children but let's use some common sense here!? Were they thinking of their families and children when they came to this great revelation? It sure doesn't sound like it. And for the people who are getting upset with others comments, it is what it is! These two 31 year old grown adults who chose to get in a vehicle and make a very dumb choice! Would you be getting so upset if it this was someone else and people were giving their opinions? I have a feeling that you would have very similar thoughts!!
tammy Newbold White

Tallahassee, FL

#23 Nov 24, 2012
You ALL should be ashamed. Seriously, I HOPE this never happens to any of you. Again, WHATEVER the reason, you CANNOT tell me you're not ashamed of SOMETHING in your life. If you can say that, you are a LIAR and need to seriously reconsider your direction in life. Because while you ALL run your mouths and spread gossip, his wife, kids, cousins, brothers, sisters and FATHER are ALL waiting to see the outcome of BOTH men.
a grown up

Hilliard, OH

#24 Nov 24, 2012
retardo ricardo wrote:
Those of us who remain anonymous are being smart by doing so unlike the moron who did not care enough about his family to think twice about such an idiotic decision that will permanently effect his and his families lives forever. To me its a shame that the children and wife of this man have to go through such pain dealing with a decision by a drunken idiot. Whether they are family or not what he or they decided to do was selfish because they did not consider the ramifications that could come on their loved ones based on their moronic decision to jump a fukin car off a runway. And fyi i know these people as well and i would have never expected this from a 31 yr old father!
. Neither would I and I personally don't know them now I simply said I went to school with them ,I know of them, I just personally think that the negative jugdement everyone is putting on them is rediculous ...they are aware of what they did! And I'm sure no one is thinking. It is awesome so why when families are hurting make it worse with negativity ! I would love to know the name of the person with the perfect life and perfect family that has never in their lifetime done something they regreted ...cause I'm pretty sure these two men aren't happy about what they did !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls want to have fun?? Snap HIM :-) Jan 24 laurenjbaby 2
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Heather S... Jan 10 Therese Louise Ca... 1
No title Dec 30 Dan Rather 4
Christmas promises to be special for Natcher fa... Dec 28 Sue and Chris Hiner 1
Debate: Marijuana - Waynesburg, OH (Aug '10) Dec '14 ivy69 3
Scouts collect over 1,300 lbs. of food Dec '14 Former pack 142 m... 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Village, ... Dec '14 Concerned 1
Carrollton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]