Gun ban fears driving people to gun s...

Gun ban fears driving people to gun shops

There are 27 comments on the Carrollton Free Press Standard story from Jan 22, 2013, titled Gun ban fears driving people to gun shops. In it, Carrollton Free Press Standard reports that:

Wayne Harper displays a 40 caliber rifle with a high capacity magazine which holds 30 rounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carrollton Free Press Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#21 Feb 2, 2013
Tactical Bob wrote:
You would be "shocked" by the amount of people in Carroll County who carry a firearm everyday. They are your relatives, friends, neigbors, doctors, teachers, lawyers, mechanics,etc. They carry quietly and never advertise it. The next time you are in a store or a restaurant, look around, the person beside you may be armed. They don't carry to be a hero like the media likes to report. They carry to protect themselves and their family only.
Nothing wrong with a discretely carried firearm for protection.
Alice

Delaware, OH

#22 Feb 4, 2013
Cynical. Paranoid. And they probably attend church.
Bob

Columbus, OH

#23 Feb 4, 2013
Alice, you are beyond hope.
Randy Miller

Saint Clairsville, OH

#24 Feb 4, 2013
Alice, poeple keep a fire extinguisher in their residence in case of a fire, right. Now don't make light of anyone who would carry a concealed weapon for protection. After all, fires happen everyday and so do robberies and murders.

Location hidden

#25 Feb 4, 2013
Randy Miller wrote:
Alice, poeple keep a fire extinguisher in their residence in case of a fire, right. Now don't make light of anyone who would carry a concealed weapon for protection. After all, fires happen everyday and so do robberies and murders.
Some people can't see the forest for the trees. I would rather have a gun and not need it than need it and not have it.
Miller

Macomb, MI

#26 Feb 6, 2013
I just don't understand how anyone can think that tighter gun laws will keep criminals from obtaining guns. I'm a gun owner and have no problem with tighter background checks, etc. But let's face it..the criminals DON'T DO THIS! FYI: Criminals don't follow the law! I wish we lived in a world where everyone did the right thing & there were no senseless murders. I really do but that's not the way it is. We law abiding citizens cannot lose our freedoms because of criminals. Let's deal with WHY people are killing. Let's deal with real problems like mental health issues and what makes people carry out such horrible acts of violence. But that's a lot harder than we think. It's just easier to make ridiculous laws and then everyone can have a "feel good" moment. When you get to the root cause of a problem is when you have better chances of fixing things.

Location hidden

#31 Feb 7, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
"I just don't understand how anyone can think that tighter gun laws will keep criminals from obtaining guns."
That is precisely what the anti-gun idiots can not comprehend. It really is that simple. They live in a fantasy world that if you take away guns, then criminals won't have guns either. And every one will live in peace, harmony, holding hands, and singing Kumbaya. Alice is a prime example of the brain dead, she/it is absolutely clueless about firearms and should avoid discussions on the topic.
The ONLY way to remedy the problem is to enforce existing laws. Not adding more. Adding more laws only affects LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.
Part of the problem is criminals plea bargain gun charges to misdemeanors, even dropped entirely. When a crime with a firearm is committed there should be no plea bargaining. Any firearm related charges must be tried in a court. Further, punishment for crimes with a firearm must be strict, and enforced.
I could not agree more. Politicians are a bunch of self serving weasels for the most part. The faction of them that would infringe on our Rights should be unelected at the first opportunity and dealt with as criminals. All the laws they would pass for gun control only impact those who would obey them and give the criminal element an advantage. Criminals using a gun to commit a crime should be given the full extent of any sentence and have to serve it. Make it harsher on them and leave the regular guy owning a gun alone....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SEI Oilfield Services in Carrollton and Newcome... Sep '15 Also a citizen 2
Nathan Snyder a Dad? Aug '15 wondering 1
News Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... (Oct '12) Jul '15 Ken 9
zoek een sletje die mijn kutje wilt likken (Jun '15) Jul '15 JStone 3
Need work (Jul '15) Jul '15 JStone 1
News Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Malvern i... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Stupidy 10
News Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... (May '15) Jun '15 Notorious 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages