Gun ban fears driving people to gun s...

Gun ban fears driving people to gun shops

There are 27 comments on the Carrollton Free Press Standard story from Jan 22, 2013, titled Gun ban fears driving people to gun shops. In it, Carrollton Free Press Standard reports that:

Wayne Harper displays a 40 caliber rifle with a high capacity magazine which holds 30 rounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carrollton Free Press Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carroll Countian

Uhrichsville, OH

#1 Jan 23, 2013
Has anyone thought that perchance the "scare" of taking guns is about creating a panic so the price of guns and ammunition go up. It's simple economics called supply and demand.
Randy Miller

Uhrichsville, OH

#2 Jan 23, 2013
Maybe the politicians have stock in the gun industry.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Jan 23, 2013
A lot of people came to the party late. Prudent people are already well stocked with ammo, magazines etc. A gun without ammunition isn't much good. I know many that bought ammo a box at a time thru the years and magazines one or two at a time as well. They are set....
Jared

Hayward, CA

#4 Jan 24, 2013
Carroll Countian wrote:
Has anyone thought that perchance the "scare" of taking guns is about creating a panic so the price of guns and ammunition go up. It's simple economics called supply and demand.
I doubt that's what it is. It's all about power with king Obama. Armed servants aren't his goal

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Jan 26, 2013
The NRA and their overlords, the gun manufacturers and national gun sellers (Walmart, etc) are laughing all the way to the bank. Playing you poor saps with a scenario that will never happen. If the government was going to take your precious guns, it would have happened. But if you think that surrounding yourselves with super amounts of guns will protect you from the government, talk to the victims of drones in Pakistan.... You guys are a pathetic joke.
Jared

Crestline, OH

#6 Jan 26, 2013
mrgoodcitizen wrote:
The NRA and their overlords, the gun manufacturers and national gun sellers (Walmart, etc) are laughing all the way to the bank. Playing you poor saps with a scenario that will never happen. If the government was going to take your precious guns, it would have happened. But if you think that surrounding yourselves with super amounts of guns will protect you from the government, talk to the victims of drones in Pakistan.... You guys are a pathetic joke.
This entire statement has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on the Internet.
Randy Miller

Uhrichsville, OH

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Yes it would have happened, what stop the confiscation of our guns was the second amenment mrgoodciticen. Just listen to what DiFi is proposing. Look at what happened in our history, that you forgot, we went up against the stongest army in the world and won, because our guns were not confiscated. Paul Revere, remember him, went to warn the citizens the Red Coats were comming. Comming to get their stockpile military style of arms. So the NRA, the gun manufacturers are our allies. Remember the 2nd Amendment is to protect us against a too intrucive, more powerful government pushing to make serfs out of us. The more arms I have the more I can give to those who need them to help in the cause to take back my government. We need the AR 15 type of weapons.
Alice

United States

#8 Jan 27, 2013
Randy, I thought you said that life was pretty easy and you implied good. Now you are promoting arming up so that you don't become a serf. What planet are you getting your news? Please stop listening to Rush and Glenn Beck and watching FOX News. You are becoming brainwashed. Someone accused me of attacking you personally; you put your thoughts out in the open public so we will respond.
Law

Omaha, NE

#9 Jan 27, 2013
mrgoodcitizen wrote:
Keep bleating. It reminds us that there are still people who want to be led arouns like sheep.
Have you ever had an original thought?
Law

Omaha, NE

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Alice wrote:
Randy, I thought you said that life was pretty easy and you implied good. Now you are promoting arming up so that you don't become a serf. What planet are you getting your news? Please stop listening to Rush and Glenn Beck and watching FOX News. You are becoming brainwashed. Someone accused me of attacking you personally; you put your thoughts out in the open public so we will respond.
Alice, why can't you simply refute what Randy said? Or is that too hard for you?
Randy Miller

Uhrichsville, OH

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Alice read your history. Also read the book 'More guns, less crime". It gives the facts from years of study on crime in America. It says those who have guns the bad guys stay away from (less crime). To take back the country, can't do it with a squirrel gun. Your government wants to take our guns, they just signed a treaty with the UN to ban all small arms, thats your President and Secretary of State. Sure the wording in the treaty isn't finished and our then Senate has to ratify it, so don't be too sure they won't in the future with the right group, it's their ultimate goal.
Alice

United States

#12 Jan 27, 2013
I don't have to refute what he says. If you read his comments, it is evident that he hates Democrats, Obama, government help, so why argue with someone who is narrow minded. Come on, who reads "More Guns, Less Crime"? Do you, Law, really think the government wants to take away guns and make us serfs? That is ridiculous and sounds like those who read and watch conspiracy theories. I don't know how to spell coo coo, but maybe nuts would fit.
really

United States

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Alice wrote:
I don't have to refute what he says. If you read his comments, it is evident that he hates Democrats, Obama, government help, so why argue with someone who is narrow minded. Come on, who reads "More Guns, Less Crime"? Do you, Law, really think the government wants to take away guns and make us serfs? That is ridiculous and sounds like those who read and watch conspiracy theories. I don't know how to spell coo coo, but maybe nuts would fit.
You sound just like people who ask.."If you have nothing to hide, why be against police searches?"

The second amendment is to protect us from a potentially tyrannical government, not to hunt deer.
Alice

Collins, OH

#14 Jan 30, 2013
Really, the idea that you mention "a potentially tyrannical government" makes me think that you too watch too much Rush, Glenn, FOX. We are a worldwide recognized democracy and if you think this will change because of gun controls, Obama,... you are delusional.
Jared

Leesport, PA

#15 Jan 30, 2013
Alice wrote:
Really, the idea that you mention "a potentially tyrannical government" makes me think that you too watch too much Rush, Glenn, FOX. We are a worldwide recognized democracy and if you think this will change because of gun controls, Obama,... you are delusional.
It's because of delusional people like you that things are changing. History repeats itself and we are headed down a familiar and dangerous road. And many people like you bury your head in the sand until its too late. Then you'll be shocked that it happened here "all of a sudden".
Alice

Greenfield, OH

#16 Feb 1, 2013
Wow, the cynicism about our government is unbelievable. People all over the world look at our country wishing to be a part of it. Get out and travel somewhere other than Myrtle Beach and you might understand how good you've got it.
Hometown Boy

Columbus, OH

#17 Feb 1, 2013
An armed population are citizens and disarmed people are subjects. Buy lead not gold.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#18 Feb 1, 2013
Alice wrote:
We are not a democracy. True democracy is nothing more than mob rule. We are a representative republic.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#19 Feb 1, 2013
Randy Miller wrote:
Yes it would have happened, what stop the confiscation of our guns was the second amenment mrgoodciticen. Just listen to what DiFi is proposing. Look at what happened in our history, that you forgot, we went up against the stongest army in the world and won, because our guns were not confiscated. Paul Revere, remember him, went to warn the citizens the Red Coats were comming. Comming to get their stockpile military style of arms. So the NRA, the gun manufacturers are our allies. Remember the 2nd Amendment is to protect us against a too intrucive, more powerful government pushing to make serfs out of us. The more arms I have the more I can give to those who need them to help in the cause to take back my government. We need the AR 15 type of weapons.
Read a little history on a man named Israel Bissell (from the same era as Paul Revere.
Tactical Bob

Dover, OH

#20 Feb 2, 2013
You would be "shocked" by the amount of people in Carroll County who carry a firearm everyday. They are your relatives, friends, neigbors, doctors, teachers, lawyers, mechanics,etc. They carry quietly and never advertise it. The next time you are in a store or a restaurant, look around, the person beside you may be armed. They don't carry to be a hero like the media likes to report. They carry to protect themselves and their family only.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eick Electric has new owner, new name (Apr '13) Nov 23 Mee 6
News Ask Mary Beth - Where to buy reclaimed wood (Jul '08) Oct '17 Alexhoh 20
history of waynesburg ohio (Aug '07) Oct '17 Jim C 3
News Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... (Aug '13) Jul '17 Sam Mullet s Beard 20
amish law (Nov '11) Jul '17 Sam Mullet 3
Election Who do you support for County Auditor in Ohio (... (Oct '10) Mar '17 Randy Miller 7
News Charges filed against Carroll County Veterans Club (Dec '12) Oct '16 Mark Miller 16

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages