Carrollton Free Press Standard News

Carrollton Free Press Standard News

There are 10 comments on the Carrollton Free Press Standard story from Nov 12, 2013, titled Carrollton Free Press Standard News. In it, Carrollton Free Press Standard reports that:

The project is expected to be completed within 10 months. Earth moving is underway at the north end of Carrollton in preparation for the construction of a four story, 100 room Candlewood Suites.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carrollton Free Press Standard.

Tired of the Game

Malvern, OH

#1 Nov 13, 2013
You mean to say they couldn't find a Carroll County company to build this thing ? It may be good in the short term by creating a few jobs and housing but what about 5 to 10 years down the road when it turns into nothing but flop houses for drug addicts and illegals ? Local government is not looking at the big picture here, only dollar signs.
Tired of the Pessimist

Akron, OH

#2 Nov 13, 2013
"flop house for drug addicts and illegals"...is that what the Days Inn was before all this? If that's the case we'll have at least 3 hotels and the lodge to house all of those "addicts and illegals" in 10 years. Hell, if we all thought like that we shouldn't be worried about 10 years from now, we'll all be either under government rule, dead, or ZOMBIEs. LOL!
I think this is great. I would love to see this community continue to thrive and prosper. Let's do something with this so in 10 years people have a reason to come around here. Motels, restaurants, shops, or whatever. We can do this, and we can do it right. Have confidence! Be optimistic!
John

Medina, OH

#3 Nov 14, 2013
I don't understand why we just can't have a few left turn arrows on the traffic lights so I can take a left turn sometimes.
Historian

La Rue, OH

#4 Nov 14, 2013
The hard truth is that the community will not benefit from these new companies. That is not their job. They are here to make money for themselves, period. We just happen to live here. A few people with land end up with lots of money. A lot of people pay the price of higher crime, higher cost of living, higher traffic accidents. It's just another building which will be another eyesore like the slumlord buildings downtown.
Bill

Ravenna, OH

#5 Nov 15, 2013
So along with this, is there any truth to the new rumors of a Taco Bell/KFC, Bob Evans or anything else?
John

Medina, OH

#6 Nov 16, 2013
Yeah, if we can get a Bob Evans, it'll all be worth it.
totally agree

Beaver Falls, PA

#7 Nov 16, 2013
Tired of the Game wrote:
You mean to say they couldn't find a Carroll County company to build this thing ? It may be good in the short term by creating a few jobs and housing but what about 5 to 10 years down the road when it turns into nothing but flop houses for drug addicts and illegals ? Local government is not looking at the big picture here, only dollar signs.
It is such a shame...all I hear is how to help these oil and gas companies. What are they doing to help us besides ruin our town bring in drugs prositutes and other undesirables. Ugh..if u have not moved yet...now is the time!!!!
pass the blame

Hudson, OH

#8 Nov 18, 2013
I am pretty sure the drugs and prostitutes and other undesirables have already been here the gas and oil people did not bring it here.
Archie Bunker

United States

#9 Nov 19, 2013
We start to have economic growth in the county that hasn't been here for at least the last 50 years and people still are complaining. The issues we have in this county have been here for years and were not caused by the Oil and Gas industry. The drugs and welfare go hand in hand and that is our fault for allowing it. The only economic growth we have had in the last 20 years is from the increase in welfare moving to this county. People that don't want to work for a living. Sit on their butts in their subsidized housing and smoke or sell dope for a living. We should be kicking them out and letting the Oil and Gas workers have the housing!
Grow up Carroll County and embrace the growth. It is going to be here for quite some time. It about time we moved into the 21st century.
chrome

Independence, OH

#10 Nov 22, 2013
I would like to know where the prostitutes are so I could do some market research.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SEI Oilfield Services in Carrollton and Newcome... Sep '15 Also a citizen 2
Nathan Snyder a Dad? Aug '15 wondering 1
News Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... (Oct '12) Jul '15 Ken 9
zoek een sletje die mijn kutje wilt likken (Jun '15) Jul '15 JStone 3
Need work (Jul '15) Jul '15 JStone 1
News Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Malvern i... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Stupidy 10
News Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... (May '15) Jun '15 Notorious 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages