Carrollton Free Press Standard News | County grants Fairboard request for funding

Feb 25, 2014 Read more: Carrollton Free Press Standard
The racetrack underpass at the county fairgrounds could soon be "re-installed" thanks to a donation from Carroll County Commissioners. Read more
Archie Bunker

United States

#1 Feb 27, 2014
Racetrack underpass is money poorly spent. No one in their right mind believes this is a good idea. What a waste of thousands of dollars. With the football field no longer used there are so many accesses available that this simply makes no sense. The culverts to drain water are all that is needed with little or no maintenance cost in the future. The underpass will require money to maintain. If the county wants to spend money on bridges, I'm sure there are plenty actual bridges that need work other than the fairgrounds. Every expenditure that the county does should have payback or benefits. For a couple events a years and a slowly diminishing fair there just isn't anything here. There have been so many bad decisions by this group over the last 4 years that I can't see any worth re-electing. Really!
Patriot

Malvern, OH

#2 Feb 27, 2014
Not only bad decisions from the Fair Board , the Engineer doesn't sound like the brightest bulb in the pack either. How many other things are county officials going to waste tax payers money on before the people wise up and vote them ALL out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... Wed GLong 1
News One Way Youth Center receives donation from Rot... Apr 4 Historian 1
News Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Democrats... Mar '15 Kilgoremom 1
News Firefighters brave 'ICY' water for training ses... Mar '15 Commenter 1
News Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Trains to... Feb '15 S Vahalik 1
News Effort underway to preserve Morgan's Civil War ... Feb '15 Iwantmycountryback 5
News Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Commissio... Feb '15 John J Jones 15
More from around the web

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]