Carrollton teacher's sex abuse case g...

Carrollton teacher's sex abuse case goes to grand jury

There are 161 comments on the The Madison Courier story from Dec 10, 2011, titled Carrollton teacher's sex abuse case goes to grand jury. In it, The Madison Courier reports that:

Kristen Snyder Courier Staff Writer Former math teacher and baseball coach John F. "Jay" Jones IV's sexual-abuse case was sent to the grand jury after a pretrial hearing Thursday in Carroll County district court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Madison Courier.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
omg

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Dec 10, 2011
wait and see nothing will become of this i know jay very likeable guy and i know his wife since she was 5 years old good girl but as far as jay been doing this for years i know when my daughter was in school he partied with the students but he new these girls before ever becoming a teacher hope all goes well for him
sparkles

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Dec 11, 2011
Jay was doing this shit back in 2005 when I was a student. I bet if this were some average guy with no education, working a low-level job and wasn't very popular, people would think he was a peice of shit and would most likely go to prison. But NO, he is well know, educated, trying to up-hold the reputition of his father; people keep telling them selves that he is such a great guy and would never do no wrong. Bottom Line: he did do this, and should be punished. Like I said, if you were to question the class of 2005 you would find several girls that he attempted or did have some type of perverted relationship with.
Really

Valparaiso, IN

#4 Dec 11, 2011
The two counts come from two different occasions!!! The girl through interview admits that both occasions were mutual consent!!! He was a person of trust and authority is the only reason he is charged!!! He will never be a teacher around here again and as far as jail time he is a first time conviction so I'd say he will only get probation!! He and his wife will probably move and start over somewhere else!! I don't understand though how she could stay with him knowing he had a relationship with a 16yr old girl!! Christie you deserve better as does your family!!! No rumors here folks its all public scores that you can find for yourself!! He admitted to the accounts he's just waiting on a plea deal it will never see trial!!!
really

Erlanger, KY

#5 Dec 12, 2011
Really wrote:
The two counts come from two different occasions!!! The girl through interview admits that both occasions were mutual consent!!! He was a person of trust and authority is the only reason he is charged!!! He will never be a teacher around here again and as far as jail time he is a first time conviction so I'd say he will only get probation!! He and his wife will probably move and start over somewhere else!! I don't understand though how she could stay with him knowing he had a relationship with a 16yr old girl!! Christie you deserve better as does your family!!! No rumors here folks its all public scores that you can find for yourself!! He admitted to the accounts he's just waiting on a plea deal it will never see trial!!!
did you not read the title of this post its already going to trail...
well

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Dec 12, 2011
i think its all a big mess is what i think.
Really

United States

#7 Dec 12, 2011
Yes but if he actually steps in the courtroom to face a jury it will shock me!! He will strike a plea deal!!! He and his lawyer had to see what evidence the other side was going to use against him!!! There is no way out for him except a plea deal or guilt!!!
Observation

Erlanger, KY

#8 Dec 12, 2011
What is a shame is that this is a reflection of the entire school system. Inappropriate behavior has been going on for years. This is just more of the good old boy club in Carroll County. Lisa James is part of the club so she will not be held accountable.

We need huge changes in this county. Schools, government and the hospital are all run inefficiently and make this area look bad. There is a reason why this place is dying and that is due to old leadership and the "club".

I have personally witnessed this incest. A group of around 10 people run this county and seek to keep the others in the dark with their backward ways. Time for the community to turn up the heat.
jkk

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Dec 12, 2011
Really wrote:
You should really get your facts straight!! He admitted there was a kiss... He did not admit to grouping her... You need to re-read the article... Don't talk about Christie it's her family and she will do what she feels fit! I am sure we could say the same about your family! You should really set in on the court dates so you will HEAR ALL THE STORY... Not just the media's nicely spun story, or your own accounts about what happend!
omg

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Dec 12, 2011
well glad to hear that other people know about brenda cole marring her student that she was with since he was in 8th grade and there was nothing done about also looks there was a teacher miss zapp she was dating a student she left the ccsd and went somewhere else at least this girl is 17 yrs olds do believe brendas student was maybe 14 and yes we need a new turn around in our school dis. every since all these women took office the system has fell apart
Really

United States

#11 Dec 13, 2011
If he admitted to a kiss then he admitted guilt!!!! Im not degrading Christie at all I think she deserves better!! I would never have put my family in the situation Jay has!! When you stand at that alter and you look the other person in the eyes you are giving them you word that you will keep alley into them for better or worse!!! I said nowhere in my last comment about admitting the grouping!!!
Former Teacher

United States

#12 Dec 13, 2011
Like Daddy like son!
justpassinthru

Eddyville, KY

#13 Dec 13, 2011
well hes guilty hes got to prove himself innocent!!!his mother is a low life piece of shit as well thinks shes all high and mighty...guess this knocked the bitch down a few flights!!!shes doing wat a mother should do uphold her son..but theres a rite time and rite place for words of anger...bet this ones bites her in the big ass!!!!if hes innocent then i hope hes proven not guilty..but by his own words hes guilty..the whole town is talking bout him..some good some bad,but the law of nature is the bad goes alot futher than the good!!!
Jessica H

United States

#14 Dec 13, 2011
Marsha, all high and mighty... She is a registered nurse that wipes butts all day for the ill. Mrs. Jones had to take off work for several days due to be grief stricken that her son has ruined their last name that they have tried so hard to build over the years by working a honest living. And you get on here bashing her, really my gosh you need help. Jay put his self in this mess not his mother nor his father. Marsha is a darn good woman and I would let her care for me ANY day. Mrs. Jones you keep your head up and dont let these idiots bring you down further than you are. You are a wonderful person that would help anyone in this community.
noneya

Louisville, KY

#15 Dec 14, 2011
I do not understand how someone can get on here and blame his parents for what he has done. He has put himself in this mess. Here is the full story from the newspaper:

12/9/2011 3:00:00 PM
Carrollton teacher's sex abuse case goes to grand jury

Kristen Snyder
Courier Staff Writer

Former math teacher and baseball coach John F. "Jay" Jones IV's sexual-abuse case was sent to the grand jury after a pretrial hearing Thursday in Carroll County district court.

The judge ruled that enough evidence had been presented for the grand jury to take the case.

Detective Sgt. Todd Harwood of the Kentucky State Police, who led the investigation, was called to testify and was questioned by both the Commonwealth's attorney Nick Marsh and Jones' attorney Steve Howe.

Harwood testified that the alleged incidents between a 16-year-old female student and Jones, 32, occurred Oct. 13 and 14 at Carroll County High School. There had been previous text message exchanges between Jones and the student.

Harwood testified that in his interviews with both the student and Jones, he found that on Oct. 13 at 7:30 a.m. the student went into Jones' classroom and they engaged in a kiss and embrace. The student said the embrace was consensual.

However, the student alleged that Jones fondled her buttocks over her clothes, while in Harwood's interview with Jones, he said he only placed his hands at the top of her buttocks, at the small of her back.

Harwood testified that the student alleged in her interview that the next day, Jones texted her the words "come up," so she went to his classroom. Again they engaged in a kiss and embrace, and she alleged that Jones touched her breast and genitalia over her clothes and that he placed her hand on his genitals over his clothes.

Jones, however, said in his interview with Harwood that he did not place her hand on his genitals, and that he did not grope her. Jones said that perhaps he grazed the side of her breast in the embrace and possibly grazed close to her genital area.

Harwood said he had looked over close to 100 pages of phone records, and that after these incidents there had not been any more communication between Jones and the student.

The student told authorities about the incident Nov. 11, which is when Harwood became involved. Jones was arrested Nov. 15 on two charges of first-degree sexual abuse. He pleaded not guilty at a court appearance Dec. 1. Carroll County schools terminated his contract Nov. 28.

The preliminary date for the grand jury is Dec. 19.

Now how about everyone just let the court system decide what is going to happen to him and then discuss it like adults if you want...no sense in bringing anyone into this discussion but Jay himself. He is the only one to be held accountable for crossing the line and making the bad decision he made.
justpassinthru

United States

#16 Dec 14, 2011
shes a bitch shes blaming everyone in carollton for wat her son has done she bashed a lot of people for talking about him....well this is carrollton dont 4get and if she talked to u like she does some people u wouldnt think so much of her either and if you who i think u are she talked about u when u worked at the hospital and it wasnt good!!!shes 2 faced as they come!!!!i know she is i heard and seen her in action.o yea she dont wipe asses she delegates it out to those whom she thinks are less worthy than she is!! wtf we are equal but thats not her way of thinking..or at least thats how she used to feel about herself maybe not so much now!!!!
noneya

Louisville, KY

#17 Dec 14, 2011
I am obviously who you think I am because I have never worked at the hospital. I just think it is a shame that the parents of Mr. Jones are getting blamed for his mistakes. They were not holding his hand telling him to act in appropriately with the students. He made that choice himself.
WOW

United States

#18 Dec 14, 2011
You people think he is such a bad person, well i know how girls are they will do anything to get a little attention. But i bet this will not be the last time she does this kinda thing, jay has a family OTHER them his mom & dad give them a break.
okk

Ghent, KY

#19 Dec 14, 2011
WOW wrote:
You people think he is such a bad person, well i know how girls are they will do anything to get a little attention. But i bet this will not be the last time she does this kinda thing, jay has a family OTHER them his mom & dad give them a break.
yes he is a bad person. He was hired to teach students, not mate with them. He is a facilitator, there to instruct and mold young minds, not fondle them. If he was not a teacher, this may be different, but he was in a position of higher learning and he abused it. She is not innocent by no means, but after all she is a child still and he is twice her age.
?

Louisville, KY

#20 Dec 14, 2011
justpassinthru wrote:
shes a bitch shes blaming everyone in carollton for wat her son has done she bashed a lot of people for talking about him....well this is carrollton dont 4get and if she talked to u like she does some people u wouldnt think so much of her either and if you who i think u are she talked about u when u worked at the hospital and it wasnt good!!!shes 2 faced as they come!!!!i know she is i heard and seen her in action.o yea she dont wipe asses she delegates it out to those whom she thinks are less worthy than she is!! wtf we are equal but thats not her way of thinking..or at least thats how she used to feel about herself maybe not so much now!!!!
I have known Marsha my whole life. She is a strong woman, and being strong doesn't make you a bitch. And yes she will stand by her children right or wrong. What mother wouldn't. Marsha has helped me through some difficult times and has done so for many people. Topix is a discussion board not a "yo momma" outlet. Grow up and look in a mirror...
get a life

United States

#21 Dec 14, 2011
Just cause your mother got pissed at marsha does'nt mean you can get on here and bash her. And learn to spell dumbass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orgy 59 min Allback 9
taxis 1 hr Allen Chadwell 5
ccdc 6 hr judge judy 3
David Craig 6 hr Who cares 6
Ping 16 hr your neighbor 2
Carrollton will never improve 19 hr Fire 75
Ping girls 19 hr Laughing out loud 6

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance