The Bickers Murders
cop hater

Louisville, KY

#61 Jul 15, 2010
papawc wrote:
I figured he was still in prison since ky onlineoffender sayshe was up for parole in 2005 and was deferred to serve out
out
bickers killer

Louisville, KY

#62 Sep 23, 2010
fitzgerald is out of prison for this murder and right here in our town living life go search for him he's got all the answers u seek
mcat

Newport, KY

#63 Sep 23, 2010
Is he living in Carrollton? How come no one knows this?
sea surf

Louisville, KY

#64 Sep 23, 2010
Just because you don't know doesn't mean no one knows. But that aside, why does it matter? He served his full time and is not on parole. If he's staying off the grid and under the radar, then he's apparently living right. Isn't that a good thing?
jerry Springer

Florence, KY

#65 Sep 23, 2010
Does he by any chance live on BROCK DRIVE or live with the VILLAGE IDIOTS???? Now that would be something to see!!!! If they pissed him off he could just whip out his axe!!! Then HE could be in the WRONG TURN movie with them!!!!
Wants to know

Bowling Green, KY

#66 Sep 24, 2010
You can find stuff online about this, I just googles last night and a court document showed up about the ccpd arresting some fellow named yancy for this murder first because of information they got from some informants, turned out the info was wrong and the yancey fellow sued ccpd amougst others, corner ect for defamation of character, wrongful arrest ect and the jury found the city did nothing wrong....anyone else know anything of this part of the story?
Wants to know

Bowling Green, KY

#67 Sep 24, 2010
OldTimer

Louisville, KY

#68 Sep 24, 2010
You found a federal appeals court decision in which 3 federal judges, not a jury, upheld the federal district court's dismissal of several of Yancey, et al's complaints against many of those involved in the investigation of Yancey that resulted in his arrest and the search of the home of his friends. It remanded the questions surrounding the legality of the search of Yancey's home back to the federal district court for hearing.

Someone with a better memory than mine needs to definitively answer the question of how Yancey was connected to the Bickers. But I think he may have had some connection to the Bickers' former daughter-in-law (the mother of their grandchild). They had never gotten along with her too well but things got worse after their son died in the early 70's. She had been living in northern KY where this guy was from too.
Wants to know

Bowling Green, KY

#69 Sep 25, 2010
OldTimer wrote:
You found a federal appeals court decision in which 3 federal judges, not a jury, upheld the federal district court's dismissal of several of Yancey, et al's complaints against many of those involved in the investigation of Yancey that resulted in his arrest and the search of the home of his friends. It remanded the questions surrounding the legality of the search of Yancey's home back to the federal district court for hearing.
Someone with a better memory than mine needs to definitively answer the question of how Yancey was connected to the Bickers. But I think he may have had some connection to the Bickers' former daughter-in-law (the mother of their grandchild). They had never gotten along with her too well but things got worse after their son died in the early 70's. She had been living in northern KY where this guy was from too.
Hmmmmm, I also found where he lawyer ( a female) was quoted as saying theta " it was a loser of a case against him" and that's how she was able to get the death penalty taken off of his sentencing.
micheles

Nicholasville, KY

#70 Sep 27, 2010
Anotherdayanotherdollar wrote:
Now, I'm not bringing this up to bash people or anything. This is just a discussion. If someone is kin to the Bickers and has an issue with this topic, then please don't read it.
Anyway, there is a new crime show called "Main Street Mysteries" that depicts small towns that have had gruesome murders, disappearances, etc. It made me think about the murders of Roy and Ruby Bickers in Carrollton back in 1985 or whenever. Does anyone else remember that? I was way young when it happened but I learned about it when I got older. Actually, I don't really know a lot about it other than they were killed with an axe or hatchet or something like that.(See, I really don't know!!) We should get one of these crime shows to do a story of their murders. That's really the only brutal murders I can think of that has happened in Carrollton (except the bus crash).
they r my dads cousins and i have every newspaper clipping on that murder the week before they died my dad helped roy work his garden my dad was tore up when they were killed cause kevin fitzgerald killed them after they helped him when he needed it!its sad
ky friend

Bowling Green, KY

#71 Sep 28, 2010
Hi
I was young when this happened but i remimber some thing's. both kevin and his sister where adopted by the fitgerald's. and in court that came out.who his parent's was i dont know but the sister was my real sister and she was able to find out about us and get to know us. but she and kevin are still close and still visit. I dont think any one well ever know what really happen that night. maybe not even him i herd he was to druged up at the time.
johnny masters

Bowling Green, KY

#72 Sep 28, 2010
still dragging him thru the mudd,will we ever find out roy and ruby dirt? i doubt it cover-up
RELATED

Louisville, KY

#73 Sep 28, 2010
johnny masters wrote:
still dragging him thru the mudd,will we ever find out roy and ruby dirt? i doubt it cover-up
Are you trying to say that Roy and Ruby did something wrong? You best be careful.
johnny masters

Bowling Green, KY

#74 Sep 28, 2010
all i am say the is three sides kevin f, the cops and the truth,i was in the court room,and red hair was found under her nails,kevins is brown. so you may be related but 3 people know what happen ,roy,ruby and the real killer
related too

Clarksville, TN

#75 Sep 28, 2010
I think you better back off. If you didn't know them personally, you don't have a right to say anything about Ruby and Roy. You have issues...if you like to stir up stuff so bad, get a job that calls for dirt digging and leave people alone. All I have seen you do is cause trouble.
johnny masters

Bowling Green, KY

#76 Sep 28, 2010
what about the red hair related to?he had brown hair what are you trying to stop from getting out there,the fact that the real killer may still be walking free?
RELATED

Louisville, KY

#77 Sep 28, 2010
johnny masters wrote:
all i am say the is three sides kevin f, the cops and the truth,i was in the court room,and red hair was found under her nails,kevins is brown. so you may be related but 3 people know what happen ,roy,ruby and the real killer
You were in the courtroom during Kevin Fitzgeralds trial? Is this the Johnny Masters from the video about the county jail?
johnny masters

Bowling Green, KY

#78 Sep 28, 2010
that was my crazy son
OldTimer

Louisville, KY

#79 Sep 28, 2010
There's a good possibility that the real killer, or at least someone else who was involved, is still walking free. The fact of the matter, though, is that Kevin took the rap, guilty or not, sole perpetrator or not, and served his entire 20 years. For all intents and purposes, the case is closed. If anyone knew more, s/he opted not to talk then and I doubt that s/he'll be talking anytime soon. 25 years is a long time to stay quiet unless one fears for his/her own safety or knows that by saying something, this whole thing will explode open again and s/he will go down too. I don't expect that we'll ever know the full story and I'm 100% certain we won't get anything substantial revealed on this board.

If you'd like to re-examine the situation, you might start with getting a PI's license, reading the transcript and court documents and then re-interviewing everyone you think might have been involved, including all of the LE officers that assisted in the investigation. Rumors were rampant and a few of the folks whose names were floated around in rumors as possibly knowing more than they let on have died. However, it's more than likely that those folks were interviewed by LE and deemed untrustworthy or simply the victims of the myriad rumors, many of which were simply incredible.

The only rumors that were probably somewhat true were those that claimed the situation was much bigger than Kevin and that he didn't act alone. But no one has had a fit of conscience and come forward in 25 yrs...I don't think they'll come forward now, particularly on Topix of all places. Kevin hasn't talked in 25 yrs either. Either let this lay or start your own investigation.

If you, Mr. Masters, were in the court room, then you know several of the persons you need to interview. Good luck in getting any of them to tell you more now than was said then. If you want to re-open the case, then you'll need to foot the bill for things such as DNA testing, assuming there's anything left to test. There were unanswered questions then and I believe they'll remain unanswered.

This was a tragedy of epic proportions. It shook Carrollton to its core. I sincerely doubt that anyone is going to come forward with anything new regardless of who does the asking unless there's some major discovery of new evidence. That type of evidence would emanate, most likely, from someone involved. And I think they're going to remain silent. To be sure, Topix simply is NOT the place where someone involved will choose to spill his/her guts. As much as we'd all love to know the whole story, that's not going to ever happen. So let's just leave it alone, OK?
REALLY

Louisville, KY

#80 Sep 29, 2010
johnny masters wrote:
that was my crazy son
Johnny Masters AKA KJ Deaton isn't old enough to have been in the courtroom during the murder trial. So if this was him claiming to have been in the courtroom, he is lying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White F-250 no exhaust 2 hr bimp 16
Eric hewitt 3 hr Skippy 9
kayla tingle drugs 3 hr Skippy 7
Haley Hubbuch (Jun '15) 5 hr C Ellis 35
Guy named skip 8 hr Miss him 4
margaret schaub 17 hr ridge runner 16
Jason Perkins Wed Tater 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages