The Bickers Murders
I think

Dry Ridge, KY

#41 Jun 4, 2010
I think Kevin owes it to Carroll County and to the Bickers family to tell the truth about what happened that horrible night. It would bring to light the drug trafficking that is still going on in Carrollton today. No I do not think that Roy and Ruby were involved in drugs, I think Kevin went there wanting money for drugs. I knew Roy,Ruby and Kevin personally and Roy and Ruby were wonderful people who would help anyone and Kevin knew that too. If you were to dig into Kevin's background and know who his "real" father was it would make you wonder. There are alot of skeltons in that closet!
thinking

Hoffman Estates, IL

#42 Jun 4, 2010
kevin who ?
I think

Dry Ridge, KY

#43 Jun 4, 2010
Fitzgerald

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#44 Jun 8, 2010
I appreciate what you wrote Old Timer. Sadly, I don't agree that this case should just be shoved under the rug and not discussed. Maybe an investigative journalist will take an interest in this matter. Thank you for the information you provided though. It was very helpful.
Read the book

Bowling Green, KY

#45 Jun 9, 2010
The book that you are asking about is called "Bitter Blood" and I think the author is Jerry Bledsoe but I could be wrong about that. It is based on the murders in Oldham County on Covered Bridge Road that happened about the same time as the Bicker's murders. Roy and Ruby's story was just mentioned in a short paragraph as well as I remember. The book is an interesting but tragic story of some family madness that ended up with the death's of about 6 or 7 family members. It was a good read but a tragic event.
I did not know Roy but remember Ruby well, she was always a very nice lady to me and neither one of them deserved the end they got. I also do not believe that the truth will ever come out unless Kevin decides to tell what really happened.

Location hidden

#46 Jun 10, 2010
Read the book wrote:
The book that you are asking about is called "Bitter Blood" and I think the author is Jerry Bledsoe but I could be wrong about that. It is based on the murders in Oldham County on Covered Bridge Road that happened about the same time as the Bicker's murders. Roy and Ruby's story was just mentioned in a short paragraph as well as I remember. The book is an interesting but tragic story of some family madness that ended up with the death's of about 6 or 7 family members. It was a good read but a tragic event.
I did not know Roy but remember Ruby well, she was always a very nice lady to me and neither one of them deserved the end they got. I also do not believe that the truth will ever come out unless Kevin decides to tell what really happened.
Thank you so much. I'm not familiar with the Oldham County tragedy either. It sounds like an interesting story (even though it is tragic like you said).

Well, from what I understand, Kevin would be in a heap of crap if he told his story. Some say he may be writing a book (correct me if I'm wrong)on the murders.

It sounds so shady to me. The whole cover up and all. I'd love to know the truth.
Read the book

Bowling Green, KY

#47 Jun 10, 2010
Everyone has wanted to know the truth for years but I have heard that the people involved in this will never let it out. I personally do not know if he acted alone or was a scapegoat for someone powerful and ruthless in the community but it sure makes for a good story.
tired

Erlanger, KY

#48 Jul 12, 2010
well i got one thing to say it is bigger than we no all the officals of this county was involved kevin was just used for the rap payoff
mytwocents

Louisville, KY

#49 Jul 13, 2010
I would like to see someone do a show about this, too. I was in my early twenties when it happened. Remember it well. I believe there was alot of covering up done by certain officials at the time. Never have been 100% convinced that Kevin acted alone. Would be nice to know the truth so if there was a cover-up these people could pay for what they did before they die.
REALLY

Newport, KY

#50 Jul 13, 2010
mytwocents wrote:
I would like to see someone do a show about this, too. I was in my early twenties when it happened. Remember it well. I believe there was alot of covering up done by certain officials at the time. Never have been 100% convinced that Kevin acted alone. Would be nice to know the truth so if there was a cover-up these people could pay for what they did before they die.
Why don't you go find Kevin and ask him face to face what happened.

Location hidden

#51 Jul 13, 2010
mytwocents wrote:
I'm with you. I don't if the cover up (if there was one) would come out, but I think it would be just as good as the other true crime shows they chronolize.
curious

Louisville, KY

#52 Jul 13, 2010
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go find Kevin and ask him face to face what happened.
Unlike some people in this town--i wouldn't be afraid to ask him face to face. If i do i'll let you know what he says.

Location hidden

#53 Jul 13, 2010
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike some people in this town--i wouldn't be afraid to ask him face to face. If i do i'll let you know what he says.
I didn't even know he lived there still. You have to under that REALLY thinks he/she is the Topix police.

Location hidden

#54 Jul 13, 2010
I meant understand in that above post for those that are slow are want to jump on me of a typo.
curious

Louisville, KY

#55 Jul 13, 2010
When was he released from prison and where is he now-does anyone know
REALLY

Newport, KY

#56 Jul 13, 2010
Anotherday if I am the topix police, you have the title of topix shit starter. Curious, be sure and post it if you do ask, I doubt he would give anyone the time of day. Not sure when he was released or where he lives, I just know he was released.

Location hidden

#57 Jul 14, 2010
REALLY wrote:
Anotherday if I am the topix police, you have the title of topix shit starter. Curious, be sure and post it if you do ask, I doubt he would give anyone the time of day. Not sure when he was released or where he lives, I just know he was released.
I'm sure you're just pissed cuz someone has called you a hoe or other derrogatory name on this site. I'm not a shit starter. I say what's the truth from first hand knowledge. The shit starters are those that ask, "Well, what do you know about so and so." Those are the ones that are wanting people to come on her and rag them out. I don't do that. If I have an opionion about someone I know first hand, I will comment on it. Otherwise, I stay out of it.
REALLY

Newport, KY

#58 Jul 14, 2010
Anotherdayanotherdollar wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you're just pissed cuz someone has called you a hoe or other derrogatory name on this site. I'm not a shit starter. I say what's the truth from first hand knowledge. The shit starters are those that ask, "Well, what do you know about so and so." Those are the ones that are wanting people to come on her and rag them out. I don't do that. If I have an opionion about someone I know first hand, I will comment on it. Otherwise, I stay out of it.
Honestly my name has never been on here at all, I am not a whore or a dirty person. I am not pissed about anything, just call people out from time to time when they are talking shit or saying things that don't carry water. When you say you only say the truth from first hand knowledge, what first hand knowledge did you have about the Bickers murders for you to start a discussion about it? Just being curious doesn't cut it, that is a cop out. Also you started the topic about hottest girls in Carrollton, which you knew would go bad as soon as you did it. Get off your high horse, you are a shit starter or stirrer, take your pick. If you wanted to know about Kevin, you should have had him as the topic and not the Bickers! Before you fly off the handle about me being the topix police, read some of what you wrote when this started, at least your responses. If you have any sense at all, you will see what I am talking about and just own what you have done. If I am bored I will respond to whatever garbage you come back with, if it is worth responding to.

Location hidden

#59 Jul 14, 2010
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly my name has never been on here at all, I am not a whore or a dirty person. I am not pissed about anything, just call people out from time to time when they are talking shit or saying things that don't carry water. When you say you only say the truth from first hand knowledge, what first hand knowledge did you have about the Bickers murders for you to start a discussion about it? Just being curious doesn't cut it, that is a cop out. Also you started the topic about hottest girls in Carrollton, which you knew would go bad as soon as you did it. Get off your high horse, you are a shit starter or stirrer, take your pick. If you wanted to know about Kevin, you should have had him as the topic and not the Bickers! Before you fly off the handle about me being the topix police, read some of what you wrote when this started, at least your responses. If you have any sense at all, you will see what I am talking about and just own what you have done. If I am bored I will respond to whatever garbage you come back with, if it is worth responding to.
Okay 5.0. I am getting off work now but I'll catch up with you later.
papawc

Riverdale, GA

#60 Jul 15, 2010
I figured he was still in prison since ky onlineoffender sayshe was up for parole in 2005 and was deferred to serve out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Herrell-Smith 24 min Awwww shucks 22
Walmart 38 min Get a life 21
Tori sullivan 1 hr Judge Judy 12
Ghent kids breaking in houses 2 hr Sara 1
cash reward!!! 2 hr Bob 11
Diana Birch 11 hr Kill me now 1
Here's to meeting new people 15 hr naby 2

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance