First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Jun 2, 2010
Now, I'm not bringing this up to bash people or anything. This is just a discussion. If someone is kin to the Bickers and has an issue with this topic, then please don't read it.

Anyway, there is a new crime show called "Main Street Mysteries" that depicts small towns that have had gruesome murders, disappearances, etc. It made me think about the murders of Roy and Ruby Bickers in Carrollton back in 1985 or whenever. Does anyone else remember that? I was way young when it happened but I learned about it when I got older. Actually, I don't really know a lot about it other than they were killed with an axe or hatchet or something like that.(See, I really don't know!!) We should get one of these crime shows to do a story of their murders. That's really the only brutal murders I can think of that has happened in Carrollton (except the bus crash).
concerned

Louisville, KY

#2 Jun 2, 2010
they were by far the most brutal of any. kevin is out of prison now served he time

Location hidden

#3 Jun 2, 2010
concerned wrote:
they were by far the most brutal of any. kevin is out of prison now served he time
Damn. I guess he wasn't charged with first degree murder then...
Do you know the facts of the case? I found an old newspaper article on it.

Here it is: http://news.google.com/newspapers...
concerned

Louisville, KY

#4 Jun 2, 2010
well i sat in the case alot of unanswered ? where did the red hair come frome under the womans nails? i think he took the wrap for this ,he may have been there but thats all the old man would have hurt him

Location hidden

#5 Jun 2, 2010
I never heard any of the other evidence. How long has he been out of prison?
Related

Crestwood, KY

#6 Jun 2, 2010
Well it is going to be hard for any of us related to Roy and Ruby not to read this since you titled it "The Bickers Murders". I can see that your not saying anything negative, but as you can see that is how allot of the other forums on this damn topix site have started. I can only hope this time, no one will get on here and say anything that will cause pain to someone.

Location hidden

#7 Jun 2, 2010
If you are related to them, please tell me how Kevin didn't get life in prison or the death penalty.
thinking back

United States

#8 Jun 2, 2010
I remember when this happened and the can of worms it opened. The mess (and cover ups) that followed involved a lot of prominent and influential people in Carrollton. What does it tell anyone when Dan Davidson, the investigating KSP detective, was suddenly pulled off the case? Sorry, but whoever started this thread is not going to learn anything on here or anywhere else. No one will ever know the full truth.

If you want to know anything, go to the court house and you will have access to any public records. That is all you will ever be able to know. Anything else continued on here is nothing but hearsay and rumors.

To continue this thread will only stir up grief and pain for the Bickers family. Please respect them and be considerate.

Location hidden

#9 Jun 2, 2010
OMG... I am so damn sick of people coming on and trying to tell people what topics are and are not okay to discuss. I am not saying anything about the Bickers as people. I am asking about the perpetrator.

As long as others are willing to discuss it, I will continue on with it. Don't read it if you don't like it.
thinking back

United States

#10 Jun 2, 2010
Anotherdayanotherdollar wrote:
OMG... I am so damn sick of people coming on and trying to tell people what topics are and are not okay to discuss. I am not saying anything about the Bickers as people. I am asking about the perpetrator.
As long as others are willing to discuss it, I will continue on with it. Don't read it if you don't like it.
Think you need to re-read my post.

I never said what is okay or not okay to discuss. Just hoping you will have some compassion for other people's feelings. How can anyone discuss this case on a public forum without stirring painful memories for the family?

Anything about the case, OR the person convicted, is public record and you are welcome to read it at the court house. You will find much more reliable info there, rather than on here.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 2, 2010
Thank you for the helpful hint. Unfortunately, I am going to have to pass and I will discuss it on here.
nunya

United States

#12 Jun 2, 2010
I think if you want to know about it, go to the courthouse and look it up as the other person commented and not be such an a$$. If it were your aunt and uncle(because it is mine)you might be a little more sensitive on the matter. I personally would not like to see it on a TV show. People need to show some respect for the dead and their families.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 2, 2010
Well, I would like to see it on a t.v. show.:)

Again, I will talk about it on here. If you don't like it, f*ck off.

Have a great day!!!
nunya

United States

#14 Jun 2, 2010
Well, you're real mature...if it were your family, I doubt you would act like that, but obviously you don't have a heart. Grow up. You don't have to curse at me. I'm giving you the perspective from a family member. Say what you want because it won't bring them back.
local3

United States

#15 Jun 2, 2010
I think it would be a good tv crime show, Kevin took thr wrap but one person could not have done that all by himself. And the names could be changes to protect the families,
jjbee

Crestwood, KY

#16 Jun 2, 2010
really? if u dont want to read it u dont have to...and i would love to see it on a crime show....i mean come on it happened in 85..20 years ago..now is a perfect time. Id love to see somthing interesting about our town on tv. If it was my family and it had benn 20 years pretty sure ive had enough time to deal with the fact that there gone.

Dont hate on "anotherdollaranotherday " just bc he interested in somthing that happened in the town he lived in...i wanna know now 2
nunya

United States

#17 Jun 2, 2010
It's not about hate, I don't hate anyone. It's about respect for people and their family. His/her nasty comment wasn't necessary. I may not agree with a crime show, but I'm not going to cuss you or put you down for your opinion.
Related

Louisville, KY

#18 Jun 2, 2010
It has been 25 years and it still painful to think about, they were murdered, don't you understand that. You and anyone else that wants to know about the case can research it as thinking back stated. Obviously you don't want to do that, you don't want to discuss this, you want to argue. This is a free country and with this site being anonymous, you can do what you want without repercussion. However, Karma is a bitch, remember that.
jjbee

Louisville, KY

#19 Jun 2, 2010
LIKE I SAID IM NOW INTERESTED IN THIS...ive tried to research it i cant find nething on it..so if sum1 opens a disscussion tryin to find out about it u shouldnt act like babies about it DONT READ IT..its that simple....my uncle was murdered by a state cop 20 years ago..if sum1 opened a discussion about it on here an was only curious about wat happened im not gonna act like a douche about it..im gonna tell them wat happen..i mean its harmless to want to know things like that....no1 is sayin ur pain isnt real its just simple this isnt being thrown in ur face no1 is forcing u to vist this site at all..he said that in the beginning he just wanted to know and for the family not to take offensive...id get pissed off to if u got on here telling me that i shouldnt be discussing sumthing its not like ur standin at their funeral right now..its been 25 years...its human nature to curious and if that offends u go awaY....SIMPLE...dont read it
thinking back

United States

#20 Jun 2, 2010
Why is it so hard to go to the court house and read the records and transcripts? Your information would be much more accurate than what you will find on here. Anything found on here is always twisted and distorted. This is why some of us have tried to politely ask that the subject be dropped. Apparently some of you have no respect for anyone.

If you want to know things, would you get in a family member's face and demand answers about it? This is no different, except you hide behind a computer screen with a fake name.

This town has already been drug through the mud on national tv several times. The murder case you are so interested has already been mentioned in a bestseller book.

If you have a heart at all, please think about what you are doing to other people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min Republicans for G... 5,529
ray collier/anita howard 35 min cwh 18
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr TheIndependentMaj... 154,008
husbands 7 hr Just me 10
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 10 hr Republicans for G... 26,281
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 10 hr Republicans for G... 81,643
Rebecca Richards 11 hr OMG 13
•••
•••
•••

Carrollton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Carrollton News, Events & Info