First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tony
#1 Aug 17, 2012
After 12 years, Kim's New China restaurant will be closing her doors for good. I guess Carrollton just couldn't support 2 chinese restaurants.
Anyway, l have always preferred her place over the competition but l know not everyone may agree.
She told my wife & I they will be closed as of about Sept. 15th. If any of you enjoyed her place you might like to swing by and say goodby and/or enjoy one last meal. I know the wife & I hate to see them go.
click

Louisville, KY

#2 Aug 17, 2012
Tony wrote:
After 12 years, Kim's New China restaurant will be closing her doors for good. I guess Carrollton just couldn't support 2 chinese restaurants.
Anyway, l have always preferred her place over the competition but l know not everyone may agree.
She told my wife & I they will be closed as of about Sept. 15th. If any of you enjoyed her place you might like to swing by and say goodby and/or enjoy one last meal. I know the wife & I hate to see them go.
that sucks. Could you tell me where it is located please?
Truth Sayer
#3 Aug 17, 2012
Hey, Tony, do you work at DC?
Tony
#4 Aug 17, 2012
New China is next door to the Save a Lot. Near Traderbakers. I work at NAS.
sad

Newport, KY

#5 Aug 17, 2012
That's sad. Another business in Carrollton closing.
too

Newport, KY

#6 Aug 17, 2012
that makes me sad i luv that lady an that resturant. . . .
where

United States

#7 Aug 17, 2012
Where is the other Chinese restaurant? I thought New China was the only one.
lovin mothers dau inlaw

United States

#8 Aug 18, 2012
I worded for them as a waitress i didnt know they were closing! Sure gonna miss that place! They were good people to work for i love them all!!
lovin mothers dau inlaw

United States

#9 Aug 18, 2012
And its Called KIN'S China restraunt!
just sayin

United States

#10 Aug 18, 2012
They aren't closing for good. Someone else will be taking it over they are selling... Their last day is september 15th..
Pay Back

Whiting, IN

#11 Aug 18, 2012
Sure hate to hear that they are closing.Me and my son used to go every Friday to eat. Guess i need to get out there before she closes. She is so sweet
Observation

Sellersburg, IN

#12 Aug 19, 2012
I wasn't impressed with the food as it was bland. In addition, the place is run down with tacky signs everywhere. Hopefully, the new owners will improve the decor and food and more people will go there. The Chinese place next to Papa John's is much better.

But no place is worse than the Burger King. Run down, greasy and serves disgusting food.
just passing thru

Harrodsburg, KY

#13 Aug 19, 2012
well i damn sure like eating there did everytime i got home i try to stop by better make a trip home to get a good meal
just sayin

United States

#14 Aug 19, 2012
Observation wrote:
I wasn't impressed with the food as it was bland. In addition, the place is run down with tacky signs everywhere. Hopefully, the new owners will improve the decor and food and more people will go there. The Chinese place next to Papa John's is much better.
But no place is worse than the Burger King. Run down, greasy and serves disgusting food.
what signs are talking about the only one i know of is the school kids writing thank you notes and credit card sign,and i try the one by papa johns and it sucks and i hear that alot .
charming

Whiting, IN

#15 Aug 29, 2012
great people and great food
hiya

United States

#16 Sep 1, 2012
Tony wrote:
it is Kin's New China. Not Kim's
wellreally

Dry Ridge, KY

#17 Sep 1, 2012
Went there yesterday with some ladies from work was sad to see they are closing. Have ate there lots of times always been a very good place to eat. The only photos and signs I see are also the one school children have sent her over the years and her credit cards signs. Love the decor would love to purchase the scenic pictures off the walls if they were for sale.
truth is

Newport, KY

#18 Sep 16, 2012
does she own the one in Madison too?? if so, looks like i will be driving to Madison every friday eve. know if she does. rather do that tham eat at the one by papa jhons. that place is not worth the money.
gina

United States

#19 Sep 16, 2012
no they don't they are moving out of state .they used too but sold it and move it here .
Jiang Kang huan

Owensboro, KY

#20 Sep 17, 2012
King 88 in Madison is the place to go have a meal. Best food, and massive selections. Very casual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff kinman is in rehab 15 min concern 7
topps 2 hr South 5
Montgomery Rentals 3 hr Citizen of change 1
ray chapman 4 hr AC old friend 3
Eagle creek trailer park 5 hr Waldo 40
cheyenne ping 19 hr jerryspringer 2
OD on 6th street Sun jerryspringer 2

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance