Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Nov 9, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Professional

Hopkinsville, KY

#1 Jun 7, 2012
Can you tell me the name of any apartment complexes in the area that are nice, clean and well kept by maintenance that would be safe for a middle aged professional transferring to Carrollton, KY? If not directly in Carrollton, how about nearby in Madison, IN?
WOW

Eminence, KY

#2 Jun 8, 2012
professional what
U Know

Centerburg, OH

#4 Jun 8, 2012
what does it matter what profession? Perhaps the person doesn't want to fall prey to theB.S. that happens in this forum.(who would blame them) Seems that Wow Likes to stir up Drama very often.As far as their profession it is no one's business
Just Me

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jun 8, 2012
There aren't many apartment complexes in Carrollton, and I'm not even sure any of them would be very nice for a professional type. There is a complex on Gillock Avenue, and another one back in Indian Hills Subdivision on Comanche Trail that used to be decent. I'd suggest looking in the Lagrange area...a lot more options. Good luck and welcome to town!
Professional wrote:
Can you tell me the name of any apartment complexes in the area that are nice, clean and well kept by maintenance that would be safe for a middle aged professional transferring to Carrollton, KY? If not directly in Carrollton, how about nearby in Madison, IN?
Professional

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Jun 8, 2012
Thank you Just Me and U Know. I would like to keep my commute as short as possible if I am not living directly in Carrollton. If you have a name/phone number for the persons I could contact about the apartments I would appreciate it! To "Wow", there are professionals working in Carrollton. There are schools, a hospital, lawyers, doctor offices ... venture out and you will see professionals in the area. And a new one will be working there soon.
Keep your nose out if

Shelbyville, KY

#7 Jun 8, 2012
You could try Tony Wilson. He has apartments on the corner of 5th and Taylor...He used to maintain them very well. They were a spacious two bedroom one bath. Hardwood floors through out the entire apartment with the exception of the kitchen and bath.

You could also try Brad McNeal at McNeal's hardware. I know he has the one apartment above his store which run the entire lenght of his building. It was a 2 bedroom on bath.

If that doesn't work you could always call Century 21 to get their renters list. These are people that do not advertise all of their listings in the local paper.

Hope this helps.
ok

United States

#8 Jun 8, 2012
Keep your nose out if wrote:
You could try Tony Wilson. He has apartments on the corner of 5th and Taylor...He used to maintain them very well. They were a spacious two bedroom one bath. Hardwood floors through out the entire apartment with the exception of the kitchen and bath.

You could also try Brad McNeal at McNeal's hardware. I know he has the one apartment above his store which run the entire lenght of his building. It was a 2 bedroom on bath.

If that doesn't work you could always call Century 21 to get their renters list. These are people that do not advertise all of their listings in the local paper.

Hope this helps.
I believe that all of Tony's apt are rented. Not 100% positive but I would almost bet they are. And yes tho, they are very nice apt, and the person I know that lived there always had great, non noisy neighbors.
Professional

Hopkinsville, KY

#9 Jun 10, 2012
Thank you both so much! Although I don't know how to get contact information for Tony Wilson, I really appreciate the information Century 21 keeps a renters list! Again, thank you!
Keep your nose out if

Shelbyville, KY

#10 Jun 10, 2012
You are so welcome...You could also try Adam McNeese. I heard he has some great apartments. Let us know if you find one
lol

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Jun 12, 2012
Do not rent from the McBurneys
Professional

Hopkinsville, KY

#12 Jun 12, 2012
I appreciate the help, however, without contact information for those people listed, I can hardly get in contact with them. Should I look nearby in Madison, as they seem to have many more options?
Professional

Hopkinsville, KY

#13 Jun 13, 2012
What is wrong with the McBurney apartments?
Keep your nose out if

Shelbyville, KY

#14 Jun 15, 2012
You could gone down to McNeal's and talked to Brad McNeal? I know he used have some houses and the one apartment above the store for rent. You could also call Miller's car lot and try to see what they have for rent. Have you checked the local paper that comes out on Wednesday? Also there are some apartments across from Sonic, Camella Court. On your day off you could just drive around Carrollton and check out place to live. You could also try the Oakview Estates, trailer park out on Boone Road off of HWY 36.
Professional

Hopkinsville, KY

#15 Jun 15, 2012
I live 4 hours away. I wanted to have several places lined up to look at before I made the trip. While it is nice to get names of those that may have something for rent, I am unable to contact them without a phone number.

One particular realty company gave me a renter's list. 2 people have nothing available. 3 phone numbers were no longer in service. 2 others I called have not answered, nor returned call following messages I have left for them.

I did get a phone number for McNeal's and they had nothing available.

Visiting and looking at a local paper and driving around would be great. But that doesn't mean I will reach one single person to show me an apartment.

So frustrated!
The Cure

Midlothian, IL

#16 Jun 15, 2012
Check out the website for our local paper. It's called the news democrat. The website is WWW.mycarrollnews.com . Maybe you can find something there.
Professional

Hopkinsville, KY

#17 Jun 15, 2012
I found two numbers from the News Democrat and neither are returning my calls. I may have to live in my car outside of my new place of employment!
its sad

Valdosta, GA

#18 Jun 15, 2012
carrollton sucks.nothing but drugs and drama.i lived there all my life.i finally moved and ill never go bAck!its hard to find a place to live there.most of it is gov apts.and half the ppl that live in those dnt need t be there!GOOD LUCK PROFESSIONAL.
Momma Bear

Shelbyville, KY

#19 Jun 15, 2012
U Know wrote:
what does it matter what profession? Perhaps the person doesn't want to fall prey to theB.S. that happens in this forum.(who would blame them) Seems that Wow Likes to stir up Drama very often.As far as their profession it is no one's business
I agree with you. All but three of the comments are positive and actually trying to help someone. Sir, the positive post on here actually DO represent 70% of Carroll County. So.....hope you find an apartment soon, and welcome to Carrollton. it's not so bad after all. lol
Professional

Hopkinsville, KY

#21 Jun 15, 2012
I understand the negativity is not representative of all of Carrollton. There are ignorant people everywhere, I promise. Some people just like attention, even if it is negative attention. It makes them feel better about themselves. Often, ignoring that type of behavior can cause it to stop or at least slow down. Remember, they LIKE the attention.

I appreciate the effort everyone is putting in to help me find something! After several more phone calls this evening, I am still homeless (it feels that way).

By the way, I am female. Thanks for the help as I continue this feat.
Professional

Hopkinsville, KY

#22 Jun 15, 2012
What about the apartment complex on Gillock? Info please! Just found them on Google maps. Are they a government housing complex?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min Mitch 1,787
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Commietator 151,375
Carrollton is infested with RATS!!!! 5 hr devan 15
Kinman hides behind pictures of his wife and kids 5 hr What 3
Erotic massage - Blue Pressure Spa (Oct '13) 15 hr AnOn 8
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 17 hr LMS 26,227
OReilly 22 hr customer 1
•••
•••
•••

Carrollton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••