First Prev
of 2
Next Last
New girl

Mokena, IL

#1 Sep 28, 2012
Wow. I just moved here & all I see on this forum is people bashing people. This scares me. I think the community looked so nice like mayberry. I have been here 4 months. On my jogs I find syringes, a certain cop constantly hits on me,( can't report him he's a cop) so annoying:-( kids with tattoos, now this bashing and talking about everyone. Is there anything good? Can someone please post something GOOD! I wish I would of rented a house besides buying one :-( looks like I'm stuck in highschool..........
^_^

United States

#2 Sep 29, 2012
New girl wrote:
Wow. I just moved here & all I see on this forum is people bashing people. This scares me. I think the community looked so nice like mayberry. I have been here 4 months. On my jogs I find syringes, a certain cop constantly hits on me,( can't report him he's a cop) so annoying:-( kids with tattoos, now this bashing and talking about everyone. Is there anything good? Can someone please post something GOOD! I wish I would of rented a house besides buying one :-( looks like I'm stuck in highschool..........
lol kids with tats are the least of ur worries haha
WOW

Newport, KY

#3 Sep 29, 2012
sell and move and dont look back
Yep

Clarksville, IN

#4 Sep 29, 2012
It's a great place. Don't let a few bad eggs spoil the bunch. There are plenty of hard working well to do people in the town. My whole family lives in carrollton, we are all educated, employed, own our homes and are active in the community. Just remember the people on topic the most are the ones with no lives, no jobs and nothing to entertain them, the well to do people are out taking care of their families, homes, etc and having a good time with no need to get on here and bash others.

Welcome!
new girl

Mokena, IL

#5 Sep 29, 2012
Thankyou! The welcome was rather comforting! Can you suggest a nice chuch in the area? I am non denominational so I am very open. Just would like to find a church family :-) nothing will replace my hometown. I would however like to help us others too. In return that helps me grow as a child of god!
me

United States

#6 Sep 29, 2012
I like family worship center but its a lil big... The worship is great and the Word insightful but I feel "lost in the crowd"
new girl

Mokena, IL

#7 Sep 29, 2012
Thankyou. I have lived 4 months been invited to lots of bars(did not go) and not once invited to chuch :-( at first glance this town seemed like mayberry. The longer I am here it seems full of drugs and depression. So hope I can find the good points. Day by day I get more homesick. I kick myself for accepting a position here.
fwc

Newport, KY

#8 Sep 29, 2012
Family worship is a great place. They have a great worship band and they do different things. Great place to go the pastor and his wife are very sweet and when yhu leave service the stand at the doors very great place to become a member.!!!(: god bless you
believe

Herndon, VA

#9 Sep 29, 2012
family worship center will make u feel welcome! i love that church!
new girl

Mokena, IL

#10 Sep 29, 2012
Thankyou! First time I have felt welcome & warmth in the community!
believe

Herndon, VA

#11 Sep 29, 2012
There is two services on sunday mornings! The first one is at 9am and the second one is at 11am! I go to the 11am service! I hope to c u there!
Yep

Clarksville, IN

#12 Sep 29, 2012
Family worship comes to mind for non denominational. Went a few times and liked it but that was ages ago. Haven't been there in years. I personally think first baptist iswarm and welcoming, even though i dont consider myself necessarily "baptist". Its smaller than family worship and just traditional enough without being too old fashioned, but then again I know a lot of people there so that helps.

I love Carrollton, I think of it as a wonderful place who a few loudmouths love to badmouth, but overall is a great place to live and raise a family.
new girl

Mokena, IL

#13 Sep 29, 2012
Thankyou all. I have had such terrible anxiety the last couple of weeks and can't thank you all enough for being so warm and with positive things to say! Thankyou to your invitations and will see you soon. Hope when I walk in you all don't think I'm the newcomer bashing this town. Its just after the neighbors I have to endure the bashing I see on these sites it has been very over whelming. I'm from a small town in north carolina.(Very small) we embrace each other there and neighbors help neighbors. This kind of post would not be tolerated. I can't thank you enough for showing me there a positive people in the community!
EnglishChristian Church

Newport, KY

#14 Sep 29, 2012
New girl....Would like to invite you to visit our small white church 3477 Highway 389(half mile off 71) We average about 100 to 150 each Sunday. Sunday school for all ages at 10:00. Church service begins 11:00. We are a nondenominational Christian Church. We have lots of activities and lots of fun times. Our teen youth group meets every week. We have a ladies group who stays busy. Next activity... craft day at the church. Making all sorts of crafts to have at our booth during festival. And we have GREAT dinners at least once a month. Great time for meet and greet and fellowship.Bible Study every Wed. night. Come join us! I promise you'll meet lots of great friends!
Yep

Clarksville, IN

#15 Sep 29, 2012
You've heard of "don't judge a book by its cover"??? Well same goes for towns.. Lol. Please don't judge a town by the quality of its topix site! Haha! There are plenty of people who like to sit amg complain about how bad things are and how awful the schools are or how awful the jobs are. I think most of those people would be miserable anywhere and rather than working to improve their circumstances or improve the town, they sit around and complain on topix or go to the bars... Everyone else is out doing good things in the communities or privately with their families. You just need to meet the right people!

There is little league ball, several decent parks, plenty of churches, A decent public library for such a small town, lots of things to love. Try the library http://www2.youseemore.com/carroll/ or the county extension office for free programs and classes http://ces.ca.uky.edu/carroll/ ... Not much actual info on the website but the extension office phone and addres is there'. They often have free courses or very cheap courses on a variety of subjects.
same

United States

#16 Sep 30, 2012
@new girl, I am a firm beliver, that God places us right where we need to be. I no longer live in Carrollton. However I moved before the "worldL got so horrid, Take it from me it is not just carrollton that has it so bad I have lived in 13 different states of the us and it is every where we live in what is concidered the suburbs of our town and drugs are rampit here as well. I ALWAYS REMIND MY SELF THAT JESUS SPENT MOST OF HIS TIME WITH PROSTITUTES, DRUNKS, THEIVES AND EVEN THOSE. that he knew would later betray him. So put on Gods armor and walk through your town to make a differance, I concider it an honor, that God intrusted me and sent me to this forsaken town. I know one person can not save the world, but one perso can save a life. Be blessed.
Nasty

Covington, KY

#17 Sep 30, 2012
Nasty people is all that post here. nice town. cept for the people who moved here from east ky. trashy peeps
Truth

Charlotte, MI

#18 Oct 2, 2012
Hey new girl. I don't usually post on here, but you've gotten so many crappy replies that I felt I had to. Like you I moved to Carrollton for a job, and I've been here for 20 years now. Like anywhere else, this town has both good and bad people. The hard part is figuring out which people belong in which category. It's important for you to remember that none of these people (posters) are your friends (including me), although they may be someday. Being educated and well to do doesn't necessarily make you a good person, but may make you exactly the opposite. Many of the well to do families that are active in the community got where they are by taking advantage of people like you, and you can't always judge a book by the cover. In other words, the good people are out there but maybe not where you'd expect (for example a police badge doesn't mean you help people). If you browse around this forum enough you'll find out more than you want to know about the police and the churches in the area. My experiences with both in Carrollton have been bad, but I won't waste your time with my word against theirs. Just be careful who you trust.
My advice (to be taken with a grain of salt) is to be patient. If you keep your eyes open, the people here will prove themselves one way or the other. You CAN build a good life here, just take it slow and easy (like a good jog).
trailer park trash

Louisville, KY

#20 Oct 4, 2012
Sign in front reads: You're not too bad to come in and you're not good enough to stay out!
Carrollton citizen

Portage, MI

#21 Oct 4, 2012
All of this whining.. grow up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where's Jamie Kinman hiding at 12 min the real deal 48
drug spots in carrollton that need busted 23 min schitts n giggles 5
Carrollton McDonald's (Sep '16) 1 hr Ho checker 16
Blonde at Cowboys by rite aid 1 hr Wow 6
happy hollow 1 hr billy bob 36
kitty zosel lives with a chomo 3 hr Ho checker 3
Amber rose baker 3 hr Barney fife 4
News KSP investigating Carroll Co. sheriff who's now... 10 hr billy bob 115

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web