Since: Nov 10

United States

#48 Oct 30, 2012
Gotcha , I saw that "Mourning" posted that at the same time I did. I am glad they were buckled in but what about the larger buses, do they now have seat belts or restraints.
PARENT

Shelbyville, KY

#49 Oct 30, 2012
Stupid wrote:
There are seat belts on these buses and they are very similar to the straps on a carseat. I'm sorry, but no one knows what caused this accident yet, and everyone assumes its because of speed, these ladies have been driving buses for years and have done a great job, accidents happen on a daily basis, and this one happened to involve children, very sad and tragic, but why is everyone so quick to blame. The most important thing now, is to pray for all those involved and don't judge, I'm sure the driver is horrified at what happened. Love each other and instead of being so cruel, offer a kind thought a hug or just a bit of inspiration to someone today. The kids at this school have incredible teachers and these ladies are some of the nicest people I have ever met. All are suffering along with the families, and babies. Say a prayer....
i am not being cruel at all hun i didnt know there was seat belt straps made like car seats until you just told me. my thoughts and prayers are going heavily out to those families i have thought about them all night and all morning i didnt even get much sleep last night just thinking about it i know that those ladies drove the bus for a long time and i know that it was just an accident i just had a question. thanks though
Prayers

Cincinnati, OH

#50 Oct 30, 2012
Sending prayers to the families involved. I mourn your loss and pray for the recovery of those survived.

I do agree that seatbelts should be installed in all buses not just the preschool buses.

United States

#51 Oct 30, 2012
Excuse me? Running my mouth I am not. I just always found it disturbing that seat belts are not required on buses. You should not be so quick to point fingers and accuse someone of running their mouth. I know the people very well that were involved and trust me I have nothing even close to negative to say about anyone or anything involved because nobody really knows what happened. It's terrible and was simply asking a questions. Thanks
oh gee wrote:
<quoted text>You still running your mouth and nothing u know nothing about these kids was in seat belts I am tired of you trashing Carrollton just who are you?
Not so sure

Panama City, FL

#52 Oct 30, 2012
MDTransplant this is one time i will agree with you!Everyone is protecting this bus driver BUT THIS IS ABOUT INNOCENT KIDS!My heart breaks for these families....Justice just isn't fair i am sure all this will be hush hush since she does work for the county!
who

Eminence, KY

#53 Oct 30, 2012
still haven't heard who the driver was
Notafan

United States

#54 Oct 30, 2012
OK SPEEDING WAS INVOLVED, HAD TO BE! Even told that on news here. I have had little sleep, praying for the families, was more important. And forgive me for not taking time to pray for an adult bus driver that chose to speed with precious babies in their care. MD, I seen nothing wrong with your post.

United States

#55 Oct 30, 2012
Don't worry about the driver right now. All thats going to happen is that they will get blasted on here without the truth being known.
Not so sure

Panama City, FL

#56 Oct 30, 2012
Well how would you feel if it were your child.My heart goes out to these families and the driver should be blasted SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE CHILDREN!I know as a parent i would have mixed emotions but,that would still be there! When you put your kid in someone Else's hands you expect safety...The wind wasn't that bad but when you mix wind with speed you do get BAD result's.
Notafan

United States

#57 Oct 30, 2012
MDTransplant wrote:
Don't worry about the driver right now. All thats going to happen is that they will get blasted on here without the truth being known.
I agree. But with so much media coverage, This will not be so easily scooped under the radar, people all over are going to want answers. But for now all I care about are the children whom are still receiving medical care and the families. The ones whom have lost their children and their families. One mother just ask that everyone pray for unity and hold your children close. And I think that is the least we can do for one day.
Hmmm

Eminence, KY

#58 Oct 30, 2012
Just out of curiosity. Not trying to be rude or disrespectful. But it bothers me that there has been no statement from the driver who I have heard was not injured. Why can't she tell us all what happened?

United States

#59 Oct 30, 2012
They were injured and was at the louisville hospital.

United States

#60 Oct 30, 2012
Well initial reports that I heard was that there was a possibility that they were run off the road and the driver over corrected after being run off the road. Trust me, I am on board for whatever punishment the facts show that the driver deserves. Butuntil someone comes forward with a statement about what exactly happened is it right to bad mouth the driver without knowing the whole story?
Not so sure wrote:
Well how would you feel if it were your child.My heart goes out to these families and the driver should be blasted SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE CHILDREN!I know as a parent i would have mixed emotions but,that would still be there! When you put your kid in someone Else's hands you expect safety...The wind wasn't that bad but when you mix wind with speed you do get BAD result's.
business

Hoffman Estates, IL

#61 Oct 30, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
Just out of curiosity. Not trying to be rude or disrespectful. But it bothers me that there has been no statement from the driver who I have heard was not injured. Why can't she tell us all what happened?
She only has to explain to instigators what happened!! Please keep in mind she is hurting too! Let's let the investigation speak for itself and not slander or talk badly about this driver!!
Not so sure

Panama City, FL

#62 Oct 30, 2012
I am not really blaming the bus driver till reports are posted but has been mentioned DRIVING FAST AND THE WIND could be the fault. Just a question what would you do if your child was on there?I know what i would do!!!!
Proud mommy

Waddy, KY

#63 Oct 30, 2012
Laura Reed bus driver, Tina Gividen bus monitor. Yes physically Laura is fine, mentally I'd say no. No one knows what she is feeling and experiencing. If she's to blame then yes she should be punished... BUT cause of accident has yet to be stated... So until then please don't judge. Tina the bus monitor is currently in stable condition at u of l, she has undergone surgery and they are expecting her to be ok.
We need to keep all of te family and friends involved in our prayers, while also praying for CC as a whole. This is a tragic accident that effects all. And may God wrap his arms tight around Laura and her family as well, all rumors spread and hurtful things are said. Just remember, this could have happened to anyone of us, and we wouldn't want our names being bashed without know 100% the truth and facts.

God bless all.
Not so sure

Panama City, FL

#64 Oct 30, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
My point!!!
heart

Cincinnati, OH

#65 Oct 30, 2012
I think this is very sad. One of the children that is in critical condition, went to a daycare i worked at.:( My prayers and hope go out to all families!!

United States

#66 Oct 30, 2012
Everyone that has been watching this post go read the Mcdonalds Bus crash post here. I know this is true without a doubt because I heard about it yesterday. Mcdonalds is nothing but complete a'holes and after all of the money the community gives them on a daily basis, they turn their back on the police. Nobody in C'town should ever eat there again.
truth is

Eminence, KY

#67 Oct 30, 2012
word wrote:
i think the driver had been drinking, i met her on the road a little earlier today and she completely ran me off the road, she had to been goin at least 55 down bucks run
YOU ARE F'N STUPID!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carrollton teacher's sex abuse case goes to gra... (Dec '11) 1 hr april cobb 159
"RING" is breaking apart, I just know heard mi... 2 hr HELPER 1
carrollton/carroll county (Jun '13) 2 hr Jimbo 36
kerri poole 4 hr karma 5
Mary Ann Burgin 5 hr No doubt 2
Serious ??????'s 6 hr No doubt 2
get rid of yager 8 hr coach 12
Carrollton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance