Carroll Co. High School teacher charg...

Carroll Co. High School teacher charged with sex abuse

There are 362 comments on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from Nov 15, 2011, titled Carroll Co. High School teacher charged with sex abuse. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

CARROLLTON, KY - A Carroll County High School teacher has been arrested for allegedly having sexual contact with a student.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

dont worry

Shelbyville, KY

#267 Nov 18, 2011
I heard the girl tried to kiss him and he backed up she got mad and went and told this is bull cause he would never do that to a student
lightning

Bowling Green, KY

#269 Nov 19, 2011
dont worry wrote:
I heard the girl tried to kiss him and he backed up she got mad and went and told this is bull cause he would never do that to a student
I heard the same thing! Poor Jay, I hope he makes it through this!
seriously

Hagerstown, MD

#270 Nov 19, 2011
Everybody thought Jerry Sandusky was a stand up guy to. One word for Jay's defenders: naive. Don't kid yourselves, his wife is well aware that he is capable of this. She's embarrassed and humiliated and trying to spare her family more pain.
What

United States

#271 Nov 19, 2011
Just wondering if jays wife is standing behind him? Has she talked to the girl?
just gross

Richmond, KY

#272 Nov 19, 2011
I am a Carroll County graduate, Jay was there when I got to high school.. This is NOT his first time doing this, I am sure it wont be his last. I have witnessed him in the act several times, whether it's making out with high school girls, or having sex. This poor girl decides to come put with what kind of person he really is and she is getting treated like this? What kind of message is this sending to our young ladies today? For the girls in high school harassing her, one day you're going to look back on this and feel ashamed for how you have acted, and the adults here who have treated her so unkind, well you should know better, I am embarrassed for you all really. She is a beautiful young lady, if she has issues well that's her problem, who the hell doesn't? If your marriage has come to this, an adult man with 2 children,who is cheating on his wife, well I think they clearly do not mean that much to him if he is willing to risk it on an "innocent" high school crush. Makes me sick really, what a work of art. It honestly makes me sick. ALSO, for the idiots on here saying he doesn't have to make anyone do anything cause he is "good looking" lol wow, he is far from it, he is ugly inside and out, always has been. HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF. YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH FIRE FOREVER JAY, YOU WERE BOUND TO GET CAUGHT AS MANY TIMES AS YOU HAVE DONE THIS!
Mr Potter

Louisville, KY

#273 Nov 19, 2011
someone sounds jealous just wait till professor snape hears of this.
Local

Chicago, IL

#274 Nov 19, 2011
just gross wrote:
I am a Carroll County graduate, Jay was there when I got to high school.. This is NOT his first time doing this, I am sure it wont be his last. I have witnessed him in the act several times, whether it's making out with high school girls, or having sex. This poor girl decides to come put with what kind of person he really is and she is getting treated like this? What kind of message is this sending to our young ladies today? For the girls in high school harassing her, one day you're going to look back on this and feel ashamed for how you have acted, and the adults here who have treated her so unkind, well you should know better, I am embarrassed for you all really. She is a beautiful young lady, if she has issues well that's her problem, who the hell doesn't? If your marriage has come to this, an adult man with 2 children,who is cheating on his wife, well I think they clearly do not mean that much to him if he is willing to risk it on an "innocent" high school crush. Makes me sick really, what a work of art. It honestly makes me sick. ALSO, for the idiots on here saying he doesn't have to make anyone do anything cause he is "good looking" lol wow, he is far from it, he is ugly inside and out, always has been. HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF. YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH FIRE FOREVER JAY, YOU WERE BOUND TO GET CAUGHT AS MANY TIMES AS YOU HAVE DONE THIS!
Really? So you witnessed sever actions
Including sex and you never reported this? Hmm if I caught any teacher having sex with a student I would have reported that. And I think it silly Jay would have done something whatever that something may be to a student of a teacher he works with.
Outsider

Knoxville, TN

#275 Nov 19, 2011
There are cameras inside CCHS. Perhaps this teacher was seen on camera touching this girl. Predators beware!
Professor Snape

Cincinnati, OH

#276 Nov 19, 2011
Mr Potter wrote:
someone sounds jealous just wait till professor snape hears of this.
Mr. Potter... That will be ten points from Gryffindor... Any more backtalk of Professor Jay and I will personally have you seen for expulsion...
John Leep

Franklin, KY

#277 Nov 19, 2011
jay had nothing to fear Daddy always took care of his affairs with school employees and he did the same for his son with students. When you have board members and central office behind you it has been really easy to do whatever you felt like. Daddy Jones problem was that as Board members changed and central office his influence became smaller and smaller. I am sure he is shocked that anyone would dare call the authorities without asking him first. Daddy Jones was an asshole and so is his predator son.
Mr Potter

Louisville, KY

#278 Nov 19, 2011
easy to pick on me isn't it Snape jealous because my father stole Lilly from you. No worries I will endure this for now, after all I am the Chosen One.
Smarty Pants

Lexington, KY

#279 Nov 19, 2011
lmfaotoo wrote:
<quoted text>
just glad to see the grammar nazi police are in full effect ..... its sad that you have nothing else to do but pick on someones spelling......but hey be glad your apart of something now
Who p*ssed in your Wheaties? I'm from Carrollton and these people make us look like idiots. If you want to call some little girl horrible names and drag Jay's name through the mud, then have the common courtesy to do so in a fashion the rest of us can understand.
Argus Filtch

Falls Of Rough, KY

#280 Nov 19, 2011
Professor Snape!!! Jones students are pissing on the carpets in protest!! I refuse to clean it up! Take points from their house!
Cricket

United States

#284 Nov 19, 2011
Can someone please transform me back into a human? Snape? Potter? Anyone!!
Curious George

Jeffersonville, IN

#287 Nov 19, 2011
horse shat wrote:
Reguardless of it all, I am pretty sure it's against the law for any teacher even in college where people are adults to have sexual contact with a student at anytime.
Here is what was posted in the paper this week::::

KSP arrests CCHS teacher on sexual abuse charges
-A
A
+AWednesday, November 16, 2011 at 10:34 am
PopularRelated•KSP arrests CCHS teacher on sexual abuse charges
•James David Miller, 20
•Debating the city’s fire chief position
•Margaret M. Harmon, 90
•Two sought after meth lab discovered
•Roy Calvin Seniours, 60
•Local cattlemen’s association open to new membership
•Lunch with Lisa
more Rotary hosts pancake breakfast Carrollton City Council briefs - Nov. 16, 2011 Suspects in car thefts arrested Nov. 8 Deputy Shaw attacked by two dogs while responding to a call for service Sheriff’s Office arrests two men in connection with stolen battery case
Kentucky State Police arrested a Carroll County High School teacher for allegedly having sexual contact with a student.

Through investigation, it was determined that John F. Jones IV (known as ‘Jay Jones’), 32, is alleged to have inappropriately touched a 16-year-old female student while in school, according to a KSP news release.

Jones, a native of Carrollton, was arrested at 9:32 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 15 in front of his parents’ house on Sixth Street in Carrollton, KSP Post 5 Public Affairs Officer Trooper Michael Webb said. Jones was charged with two counts of sexual abuse first degree and was taken to the Carroll County Detention Center.

Jones is a math teacher who also coaches girls golf, boys middle school basketball and high school baseball.

Carroll County Schools attorney James Crawford said late Tuesday that in accordance with school board policy, Jones has been placed on administrative leave pending a complete investigation of the matter. Once that is complete, the schools superintendent will decide how the matter will be handled.

“The school system is doing everything it can in a situation like this,” Crawford said.

He said when a complaint such as this is made, police are notified. The school system will also conduct its own investigation to allow it to make an informed decision once this is complete, he explained.

Webb said this is a position of trust law charge. He said in the state of Kentucky, individuals 16 years old and older are considered consenting adults. However, according to KRS 510.110, a person is charged with sexual abuse first degree when they are in a position of authority or a position of special trust over a minor who is less than 18 years old.

“A teacher cannot have any kind of sexual contact or relations with a student, whether they are a willing participant or not,” Webb said.

Detective Sergeant Todd Harwood leads the ongoing investigation

If he did this,,,not saying he did or didn't,,,then he should never be allowed around children unsupervised again!!! My son was in his class and he said he only heard about it through other students...
Curious George

Jeffersonville, IN

#288 Nov 19, 2011
Sorry didn't mean to post all of the extra mess..this is what should have been posted:::

Kentucky State Police arrested a Carroll County High School teacher for allegedly having sexual contact with a student.

Through investigation, it was determined that John F. Jones IV (known as ‘Jay Jones’), 32, is alleged to have inappropriately touched a 16-year-old female student while in school, according to a KSP news release.

Jones, a native of Carrollton, was arrested at 9:32 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 15 in front of his parents’ house on Sixth Street in Carrollton, KSP Post 5 Public Affairs Officer Trooper Michael Webb said. Jones was charged with two counts of sexual abuse first degree and was taken to the Carroll County Detention Center.

Jones is a math teacher who also coaches girls golf, boys middle school basketball and high school baseball.

Carroll County Schools attorney James Crawford said late Tuesday that in accordance with school board policy, Jones has been placed on administrative leave pending a complete investigation of the matter. Once that is complete, the schools superintendent will decide how the matter will be handled.

“The school system is doing everything it can in a situation like this,” Crawford said.

He said when a complaint such as this is made, police are notified. The school system will also conduct its own investigation to allow it to make an informed decision once this is complete, he explained.

Webb said this is a position of trust law charge. He said in the state of Kentucky, individuals 16 years old and older are considered consenting adults. However, according to KRS 510.110, a person is charged with sexual abuse first degree when they are in a position of authority or a position of special trust over a minor who is less than 18 years old.

“A teacher cannot have any kind of sexual contact or relations with a student, whether they are a willing participant or not,” Webb said.

Detective Sergeant Todd Harwood leads the ongoing investigation
Smarty Pants

Lexington, KY

#289 Nov 19, 2011
lmfaotoo wrote:
<quoted text>
nowon pist in mi wetas i have read all 280 some post just fine
cause im smart like that
You only "think" you're smart when, in reality, you look rediculous. But that's OK. You're in good company here. The expectations are pretty low, which I'm sure you're used to.
lmfaotoo

United States

#290 Nov 20, 2011
Smarty Pants wrote:
<quoted text>
You only "think" you're smart when, in reality, you look rediculous. But that's OK. You're in good company here. The expectations are pretty low, which I'm sure you're used to.
Wow that hurts........not i guess thats why your on here

O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, t he olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on !!"
foo foo

Chicago, IL

#291 Nov 20, 2011
okk wrote:
I have always thought that it was horrible that the Carroll schools would have 23 yeard olds teaching 17 year olds. Gues it caught up with them.
Are you saying a recent college graduate who.has worked tirelessly for four years to complete their college education, pass several standardized tests and spend thousands of dollars to become a "certified" teacher does not deserve a job based on their age alone? Please do not stereotype 23 year old teachers, I know many who are hard working and mature enough to make great positive influences on their students!
BOB

Bowling Green, KY

#292 Nov 20, 2011
WISH U PEOPLE GET OVER IT, IF ANY THING HAPPENED HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING AND SO DID SHE AND THEY BOTH WANTED IT,IF IT DID HAPPEN, SHE IS NOT A CHILD THERE ARE KIDS HAVING KIDS IN THIS TOWN AT 12-15 YEARS OLD AND PEOPLE ARE GOING NUTS THAT SHE HAD SEX WHO CARES ,POOR CHOOSE OF PERSON SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOMEONE HER OWN AGE,HE STUPID HE HAS LOSTED EVERYTHING SO U ALL CAN START TALKING ABOUT NEW STUFF LIKE UR 12-17 YEAR OLDS GETTN DRUNK AND HIGH AND RUNNING THE STREETS LIKE DUMBASSES AT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Samantha Meadows (Nov '16) 1 hr Greg 15
Samantha beech 2 hr Lmaohard 38
Danny keys and Julie raser 3 hr Your daddy 10
Oss security at nas 4 hr Inkytou12 16
trumpies 4 hr Donald Trump is P... 7
Adam coghill on paradise alley (Apr '17) 10 hr Not jealous 9
Any local musicians want to jam 12 hr Kdz 8

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance