the month for thanking. who are u most thankful for!

Posted in the Carrollton Forum

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Nov 21, 2012
Bea

Carrollton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

I wanna give thanks to my husband Dave for always being by my side and sharing a life with me. Thank you honey.
Barbie

Carrollton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

God for giving us life
Jesus for saving us from our sins
Holy Spirit for guiding us through this journey
trailer park trash

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Thank you Linus Torvalds (Linux OS). Your gift has helped restore harmony and diminish the Evil Empire (MS). Truly a savior not The savior. Most of the ignorant masses have no inkling/clue (...they could care less... when they read this; I know) that the Android OS is a variant of your gift. Thanks!
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

trailer park trash wrote:
Thank you Linus Torvalds (Linux OS). Your gift has helped restore harmony and diminish the Evil Empire (MS). Truly a savior not The savior. Most of the ignorant masses have no inkling/clue (...they could care less... when they read this; I know) that the Android OS is a variant of your gift. Thanks!
LOL , I use a variant of Linux everyday. Honestly I hate the look but it never crashes so yeah I guess Im thankful for that too.
trailer park trash

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

You are the "Best" Sandy! Ubuntu (my favorite distro) does "almost" everything Windows can do. When/if (it's supposed to happen) Steam ports to Linux it's goodbye MS for me. AND If you hate the look it can look exactly like Windows or any of a number of other themes. ALSO Back to the original theme here: I'm thankful to the gov/USA for my "free" education; hard to imagine not being literate...

Since: Nov 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I'am thankful for Robert Frost, My passion for poetry was born and evolved into a study of creative writing. I am thankful for Alfred, Fearing what could happen was developed. "Like being burried a live." Which lead me at a young age to my being, what some refer to as morbid. I gained knowledge of the preperations of our bodies after death... Out come? "I do not fear being burried a live now." King Kong, realizing that, "even a beast is capable of love." Disney on ice! "Discovered my love for live Theater and opera." Dr. Suess, finding the love of reading and realizing that, my brain had Storage space and just waiting to be filled, with whatever I desired.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

As far as writers are concerned I am going with Aldous Huxley and Shakespeare ( whoever he may be ). I am thankful for the few courtious drivers out there and for people that walk on the proper side of the side walk. I am thankful for people who use crosswalks instead of just walking into traffic and expecting them to stop. I am thankful for taxpayers that support this economy and I am unthankful for the politicians that piss our hard earned money away on ski trips to Colorado for their families. I am thankful for family, all 20 billion of them since we are all related thanks to a little lady named Lucy. I am thankful for creative thinkers like Darwin and the fiction writers that got together and dreamed up the bible to explain the unexplainable to people with the equivelent of a 2nd grade education at the time( not today !! but that book is a little outdated , just saying ). THanks Yall
trailer park trash

Stoughton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Lucy? ALSO It's easy to dismiss religion as backward and "unscientific". BUT Look at the profound impact that the world's religions have had. It's 2012 in reference to what? Just one affect of religion on the everyday lives of theists, agnostics and atheists. AND The term "outdated" represents a fundamental failure to grasp the significance of the unchanging moral "compass" that we will call a "transcendental revelation" embodied in texts such as the Ten Commandments. Ethics (morality) and ethical concerns seem to be timeless in nature; 5000 years ago or today or 5000 years from now human beings will face the same ethical concerns in different surroundings. It's about doing the right thing...
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Well put, but it seems that most religions moral compass point towards confrontation. Do we really need the idea of a higher being judging us to make us do the right thing in todays society? I am not religious by no means but I respect all religions and love reading about them to better understand them.It seems to me that the majority of the worlds religions are very similar with the major difference being the dieties they worship. With all of the similarities why is it so hard to get them to agree. More people have died in the name of a god than any other wars, and for what? It is about doing the right thing but religions tend to complicate that a bit by outlining what is right by their standards and promoting conversion by their members.

Lucy was a poke at evolution.
knowwwe

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Barbie wrote:
God for giving us life
Jesus for saving us from our sins
Holy Spirit for guiding us through this journey
AMEN

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Carrollton Forum right now

Search the Carrollton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 42 min Dale 146,844
Best western 2 hr Megan 2
Andrew Meadows 2 hr charlene MEADOWS 6
pam crouch mertz 2 hr beat that ass 5
is this what this site is for 3 hr haHa 4
house or trailer needed 2 or 3 bedrooms 4 hr help 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr ohhahh 26,209
•••
•••
•••
•••

Carrollton Jobs

•••