Little late

Eminence, KY

#1 Feb 13, 2013
What would everyone like to see downtown? The sidewalks are almost done. Looks nice. Lots of businesses opening down there. It looks like its coming back to life. Please no bashing the guys running it. Just suggestions on what we want.
the reporter

Eminence, KY

#2 Feb 13, 2013
it sucks,over priced! if i want to see old stuff id go to downtown madison.the places that have been there is the american legion,mcneals[rip jim] welchs and glaubers and all are nice places
well

Lake Zurich, IL

#3 Feb 13, 2013
There are new shops. One at the old town shopee that opened. Miss b's consignment, bellas, down on main restaurant and a flower and decoration place opening on the corner where river house used to be and power on computer place. Buy local and check them out.
well2

Rockford, IL

#4 Feb 13, 2013
there is also the sign and tshirt place that has been there for a few years and seems to be doing really well
the reporter

Eminence, KY

#5 Feb 13, 2013
well i say with in a year half or more will close.its a shame downtown was alive when every other store was a bar,but we also had the same amout of churchs.well then you could drive thru town or walk,sit on your front porach and kids respected adults then.but those was the days of our lives
Little late

Eminence, KY

#6 Feb 13, 2013
the reporter wrote:
well i say with in a year half or more will close.its a shame downtown was alive when every other store was a bar,but we also had the same amout of churchs.well then you could drive thru town or walk,sit on your front porach and kids respected adults then.but those was the days of our lives
thats the point, it's being reinvented, the new side walks and lights, the river walk project, it can be great again. People need to try to be positive. The alternative sucks anyway. I was a river rat, I want my kids to go down there to. We have a very nice attraction where the rivers meet. Folks in this town need to go back to minding there own business and staying out or yours. Just be nice to people and they will be nice to you. Btw my children mind there manners to adults.....period!
the reporter

Eminence, KY

#7 Feb 13, 2013
Little late wrote:
<quoted text>thats the point, it's being reinvented, the new side walks and lights, the river walk project, it can be great again. People need to try to be positive. The alternative sucks anyway. I was a river rat, I want my kids to go down there to. We have a very nice attraction where the rivers meet. Folks in this town need to go back to minding there own business and staying out or yours. Just be nice to people and they will be nice to you. Btw my children mind there manners to adults.....period!
ok with the reinventing what is being done for the kids? well hell they can sat on the new sideways under the lights!i am a river rat from prestonville ky and proud of it also!if that river walk goes across your yard,where someone can fall and get hurt and sue me,then your are a true nut. the rv park was build.there was a dog park that was supposed to be inculed in there to. my kids and grand kids have went to the school here,they have manners also. little late change is good but carrollton needs to stop trying to be madison,louisville or newport. period!!!!!!
just saying

Commiskey, IN

#8 Feb 13, 2013
u are not going to have anything that the local big wigs cant control.
Walker

Georgetown, IN

#9 Feb 13, 2013
the reporter wrote:
<quoted text>ok with the reinventing what is being done for the kids? well hell they can sat on the new sideways under the lights!i am a river rat from prestonville ky and proud of it also!if that river walk goes across your yard,where someone can fall and get hurt and sue me,then your are a true nut. the rv park was build.there was a dog park that was supposed to be inculed in there to. my kids and grand kids have went to the school here,they have manners also. little late change is good but carrollton needs to stop trying to be madison,louisville or newport. period!!!!!!
As a parent, I provide the entertainment for my children. I don't expect the city to provide for my children. Perhaps your children and grand children would benifit from the FREE public school system I help to provide for them.
the reporter

Eminence, KY

#10 Feb 14, 2013
Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
As a parent, I provide the entertainment for my children. I don't expect the city to provide for my children. Perhaps your children and grand children would benifit from the FREE public school system I help to provide for them.
they did attend the schools here.that i am still suporting from school taxes!
Little late

Eminence, KY

#11 Feb 14, 2013
the reporter wrote:
<quoted text>ok with the reinventing what is being done for the kids? well hell they can sat on the new sideways under the lights!i am a river rat from prestonville ky and proud of it also!if that river walk goes across your yard,where someone can fall and get hurt and sue me,then your are a true nut. the rv park was build.there was a dog park that was supposed to be inculed in there to. my kids and grand kids have went to the school here,they have manners also. little late change is good but carrollton needs to stop trying to be madison,louisville or newport. period!!!!!!
the parents need to entertain ther own children. There are way to many of them running around Carrollton unsupervised, everything gets destroyed and tore up. And what's wrong with wanting to have things like Madison or Louisville? I really don't understand people like you. And your talking about the river walk being in your yard? How is that possible, no one lives close enough to the area they are doing it for that to happen. I understand that there are just some people who are perpetually negative and are never happy about anything. I hope you find some kind of happiness or something to be excited and happy about. Life's to short.
the reporter

Eminence, KY

#12 Feb 14, 2013
well little late you think kids do this,it the ppl your age screwing up point park.and that walk is planed to go all the way out lock road. chech your facts.carrollton needs to think on its own,its ppl like you ramming stuiped crap like the river walk down our throats.
Little late

Eminence, KY

#13 Feb 14, 2013
the reporter wrote:
well little late you think kids do this,it the ppl your age screwing up point park.and that walk is planed to go all the way out lock road. chech your facts.carrollton needs to think on its own,its ppl like you ramming stuiped crap like the river walk down our throats.
people my age? Early 30's? Lol nope it's the unsupervised children who's parents don't care where they are that doing it.....your allowed your opinion ....I just think your ridiculous.
the reporter

Eminence, KY

#14 Feb 14, 2013
yes ppl your age,i think you are ridiculous also.but we both agree carrollton could be better
We love it

United States

#15 Feb 15, 2013
I wanna go back to the days 20 years ago when there were delapidated trailers on blocks down there with drug deals and everything else, and back when there weren't any sidewalks, pavilions, nice places for kids to play etc.. It was so much better back then! I want my kids to see squalor and filth every day, they should not have anything nice to be proud of and take care of in this town they are growing up in, that's just silly! It needs to just be junky and nasty instead!
Little late

Eminence, KY

#16 Feb 15, 2013
the reporter wrote:
yes ppl your age,i think you are ridiculous also.but we both agree carrollton could be better
ok so your saying people in there 30's are running around tearing up the parks, spraying graffiti and vandalizing property? HA HA . It's probably your kids since you want to blame everyone except them. I ask for people not to be negative, so please kindly shut up!
the reporter

Eminence, KY

#17 Feb 15, 2013
that info came from elected city officer,there isnt a curfew for adults
Huh

Louisville, KY

#18 Mar 1, 2013
Everyone wants to complain but won't get up and do something. Has anyone gone to any main steer program meetings? They've invited the public yet no one other than regulars come. Point park? No one calls the police when under age children are running around past curfew. The co park? It's called volunteer your time. Help clean the place up while you are there. Local businesses shutting down? Try buying from them and supporting them. Nothing will change unless we get the old timers out of city/county jobs and get someone new with fresh ideas and a desire to change. How about joining in and putting ideas to work?? What about hosting more events? Things will never change if people don't get involved. Also use your right to vote!! I've never seen the mayor anywhere, never met him, and couldn't pick him out if a line up. And that's who's running this town?? Out with the old in with the new!! Take a proactive stand! If you think you can do better by all means run for office!! Carrollton clean up and the river sweep are 2 things you can do to help make this a better place! People need to get off their butts and do something. If they don't, they have no right to complain!!! Not saying its any of you. Everybody has their hand out waiting for what they think they're owed. Even in this situation you need to work hard for what you want and maybe things will change!!
Well

Eminence, KY

#19 Mar 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
Everyone wants to complain but won't get up and do something. Has anyone gone to any main steer program meetings? They've invited the public yet no one other than regulars come. Point park? No one calls the police when under age children are running around past curfew. The co park? It's called volunteer your time. Help clean the place up while you are there. Local businesses shutting down? Try buying from them and supporting them. Nothing will change unless we get the old timers out of city/county jobs and get someone new with fresh ideas and a desire to change. How about joining in and putting ideas to work?? What about hosting more events? Things will never change if people don't get involved. Also use your right to vote!! I've never seen the mayor anywhere, never met him, and couldn't pick him out if a line up. And that's who's running this town?? Out with the old in with the new!! Take a proactive stand! If you think you can do better by all means run for office!! Carrollton clean up and the river sweep are 2 things you can do to help make this a better place! People need to get off their butts and do something. If they don't, they have no right to complain!!! Not saying its any of you. Everybody has their hand out waiting for what they think they're owed. Even in this situation you need to work hard for what you want and maybe things will change!!
i heard not everyone e gets th paper and didn't know about the meeting. Also people with kids and jobs find it harder to be available no matter how much they want to attend and be involved. I'm not sure what to do to make the citizens more aware when these meetings are coming up. Maybe hype them up more with announcements at school, in emails, post at the restaurants and post offices etc. I think the splash park going in on the point is going to be a great addition to our community.
Huh

Louisville, KY

#20 Mar 2, 2013
I agree. I don't get the paper and don't hear about stuff unless someone tells me. There's a few things at butler that aren't advertised. They need a community bulletin board or something! One of my biggest concerns is parks and rec. I think it's disgusting that Ramona talks about how much she hates her job a d hates the parents. She should be fired for talking bad about a community service that she is employed by! She advertises how much she hates her job, yet she's the reason the whole program sucks! I heard the parents pulled all the girls from softball and joined a different league. Maybe it's because kind if the $ gets put into other sports, only soccer. The poor baseball teams have broken equipment. Gear that doesn't fit correctly. Helmets fall off. The fields are full if rocks! No one cares!! They they hire drug addicts and felons as coaches and groundskeepers. They should be ashamed of what they've done to our programs! That's all the kids have!! If shorty was doing his job and reviewing things thus wouldn't happen. I heard he's not running again. Thank god! Can't wait to see who campaigns next year!! Anyone else would run because they care to make changes. I will be questioning the candidates on what they will do about many programs!!! In fact I may request a meeting with each one, get my answers and do a write up in the paper!! Carrollton needs change!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i cheated 7 hr dragon 4
amber jones 12 hr amber jones 2
olivia 13 hr a friend 3
Jamie Kinman Sun insight 24
walmart/bed bugs (May '12) Sun insight 38
27 Drug Dealers in Carrollton Sun Mama Roro 35
lying cowardly two faced administrater.. Sat pist 1

Flood Watch for Carroll County was issued at March 03 at 4:22AM EST

Carrollton Dating
Find my Match