Woman taking pictures of my house

Posted in the Carrollton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
some random guy

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 5, 2012
I live in a ordinary brick ranch house in town. My wife called and said a middle aged woman in a maroon focus took pics of our house and camper then drove off before she could get outside. It wasn't the insurance company or tax accessor. Anyone know who this woman might be or why someone would take these pics?
thoughts

Madison, IN

#2 Dec 5, 2012
could be any number of reasons. why are you so worried about it? did she get out of her car and walk on your property off the driveway?
Anonymous

United States

#3 Dec 5, 2012
Do you rent your home? If so the owner may be doing a refi or getting another Rental dwelling policy. Or their exisiting policy may be up for renewal and they have to take pictures. The owner does not need to inform you of any refinancing or insurance changes if you rent. MAybe it was Regis Philbin's Agent and he was going to buy your house too.
some random guy

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 5, 2012
I have a mortgage on my home. The payments are not behind or anything. She pulled into the driveway and took pictures of the house then pictures of the camper then left before my wife could find out what she was up to.

I wouldn't say that I am worried but I find this strange. Why would someone pull into your driveway, take pictures of your house and property, then leave? It seems a little fishy to me.

The least she could have done is knock on the door and explain what she was doing.
Tanya

United States

#5 Dec 5, 2012
Are you breaking a city ordinance of some kind?
Not being mean, just a thought.
huh

Bensenville, IL

#6 Dec 5, 2012
I would notify the police...your property your stuff and no one has any business taking pictures.

Since: Nov 12

United States

#7 Dec 5, 2012
home owners, always get this done every few years, they want to make sure if you have add ons and so forth that the tax value can go up. Sad but true! We put up a privacy fence and wow they showed up to update it.

Since: Dec 12

Owensboro, KY

#8 Dec 5, 2012
Our insurance company and our mortgage company has sent people out to take photos of our property- more than once.. they said it was to update records and verify upkeep, etc.. but they always came to door and stated who they were and why they were there.. But the PVA office does it every couple of years- but when they have done it in our neighborhood- it's straight down the line of houses and they have a county seal on the side of their car and state official plates.. I would call those places and inquire if they are doing updates..and if not. I would make a report does sound fishy if they zipped off when your wife went out to question them
some random guy

Chicago, IL

#9 Dec 5, 2012
I am not breaking any ordinance that I can think of. I called the insurance company and the tax people and neither of them had sent someone to take pics of the house. I have thought about calling the police in case something came up later.
Used to be RE agent

Lake Forest, IL

#10 Dec 5, 2012
I used to do Broker price opinions for banks and insurance companies. 3-5 pictures and a condition report. Drive up, snap pics and drive on
lol

Eminence, KY

#11 Dec 5, 2012
if you own a morgage once again the bank sends them to take pics to make sure someone is living there they come here as well and do it geeze!You do not have to break a ordianance they have their rights so call the police all u want they still own the house til u pay it off right? so they have all rights!
truth is

Carrollton, KY

#12 Dec 5, 2012
lol wrote:
if you own a morgage once again the bank sends them to take pics to make sure someone is living there they come here as well and do it geeze!You do not have to break a ordianance they have their rights so call the police all u want they still own the house til u pay it off right? so they have all rights!
you better check the laws of owner ship(even if you do have a mortgage). if you are up to date on payments, its YOUR property.
trailer park trash

Louisville, KY

#13 Dec 6, 2012
If you're looking out the window... say cheese.
Photographer

New Albany, IN

#14 Dec 6, 2012
Taking pictures from a public street or walkway is legal.
tiffany

Glasgow, KY

#15 Jan 8, 2014
You had some guy taking pictures of my car today at Walmart in KY. my plate an what was in it.I called the police an they acted like they didn't want to do anything about it.I even had the guys plate number ,what he looked like an etc.
Cop

Louisville, KY

#16 Jan 9, 2014
Public place. They were not on your property. It's legal.
Oh I Know

Greencastle, IN

#17 Jan 9, 2014
Cop wrote:
He stated earlier that she pulled in the driveway.
Get some training

Dahlonega, GA

#18 Jan 24, 2014
Cop wrote:
I just dropped in checking something else but you freaking idiots, it doesn't matter if it's legal or not. It's still not the norm and any responsible husband/father of reasonable intelligence would investigate to some extent or other especially if small children reside there. After all, we are supposed to be aware of our surroundings, watch out for suspicious behavior, watch out for our neighbors, etc., aren't we? If you were really a cop you should be fired for being incompetent if you don't know that.
That being said, possibly one of the legitimate parties mentioned above were at the wrong address due to a typo or something. Also, hopefully if a crime is committed at a similar address or nearby home the alert resident will still have the license plate number so he can help a dufus like you solve the crime.
JustSayin

Taylorsville, KY

#19 Jan 25, 2014
I have seen this happen twice in the past 6 months, across the street from me. Yes, call the police as if they are going around town doing this..they are most likely burglars of some sort, taking pics and scoping out properties.
Appraiser

San Antonio, TX

#20 May 15, 2014
some random guy wrote:
I live in a ordinary brick ranch house in town. My wife called and said a middle aged woman in a maroon focus took pics of our house and camper then drove off before she could get outside. It wasn't the insurance company or tax accessor. Anyone know who this woman might be or why someone would take these pics?
It's a real estate appraiser using your house as a comp for another property appraisal in your area

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
savalot 40 min SSDD 4
Jackie W. Snow 43 min SSDD 11
blonde working at family dollar? suzanne? 3 hr Callemlikeiseethem 1
Jamie Kinman 10 hr Been there done that 21
Dakota Edmondson (Jun '14) 17 hr danni 15
Just got screwed by Papa Johns (Carrollton) (Dec '10) Thu yuck 99
Robin Mefford Powell arrested! Thu slots 12
Carrollton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web