First Prev
of 5
Next Last
hEY

Zoe, KY

#1 Mar 9, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Please watch Johnny Masters vid. on CCDC. Mike Humphrey litterally trys to take his cam. and made him move off public property. Aint this some bullshit? Mikey takes all the money suposally going to the jail and puts it twords his goat farm, in my opinion. YOU MUST WATCH
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
i no i cant speell
Neutral Party

Salem, IN

#2 Mar 9, 2011
But Johnny is a regular at the jail. Mike personally knows him like most local law enforcement and politicians. They keep an eye on him due to his erratic behavior.
concerned citizen

Commiskey, IN

#3 Mar 10, 2011
time for mike to go. thinks he owns this town
Facts

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Mar 10, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
time for mike to go. thinks he owns this town
Mike has to be a bit of an asshole, his job sucks. Although his personality leaves a lot to be desired you have to give him credit for all the good things he's done in that jail. His guards are usually loud mouthed thug wannabes who push you around unessasarly from what I've heard but hey it's a jail not Disneyland. Didn't mike have the new jail payed off and actually making money within his first year? That's impressive. I think it may be time for him to go but not because of any other reason than the fact that no one should hold a certain public office for longer than five years in my opinion. It would keep everyone honest and you wouldn't have all that good old boy crap that often goes down in small towns. but thats just me and you know what they say about opinions...lol
CCDC'er

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Mar 10, 2011
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Mike has to be a bit of an asshole, his job sucks. Although his personality leaves a lot to be desired you have to give him credit for all the good things he's done in that jail. His guards are usually loud mouthed thug wannabes who push you around unessasarly from what I've heard but hey it's a jail not Disneyland. Didn't mike have the new jail payed off and actually making money within his first year? That's impressive. I think it may be time for him to go but not because of any other reason than the fact that no one should hold a certain public office for longer than five years in my opinion. It would keep everyone honest and you wouldn't have all that good old boy crap that often goes down in small towns. but thats just me and you know what they say about opinions...lol
If you don't like how you are treated in jail, don't do anything to be put there! Common sense. Mike is opinionated, but does his job well. And as for the Masters guy, what a joke!
Thinkin out loud

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Mar 11, 2011
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Mike has to be a bit of an asshole, his job sucks. Although his personality leaves a lot to be desired you have to give him credit for all the good things he's done in that jail. His guards are usually loud mouthed thug wannabes who push you around unessasarly from what I've heard but hey it's a jail not Disneyland. Didn't mike have the new jail payed off and actually making money within his first year? That's impressive. I think it may be time for him to go but not because of any other reason than the fact that no one should hold a certain public office for longer than five years in my opinion. It would keep everyone honest and you wouldn't have all that good old boy crap that often goes down in small towns. but thats just me and you know what they say about opinions...lol
Yes, the jail is now making money. But at the prices of canteen it should be. I have never been incarcerated at any facility and don't ever intend to be. However, i did have a family member who was. Makes it hard on the family members. However, it is what it is. What is upsetting is that the inmates aren't allowed to have their meds if they are not purchased through his system. This has got to stop. Medications for heart patients are extemely expensive.(All meds are ), the families should not be forced to buy from him when the inmate has medicine avaiable. I will not go in depth with what happened to my family member, but those involved know the truth of what happened, and it was truly despicable. The most dishonest occurance I've ever heard of. It was horrible and those involved will one day face God for they're dishonesty. As far as the office employees are involved, they are awesome. Very nice and helpful.
Info

Clarksville, TN

#7 Mar 11, 2011
I have been lodged in CCDC I have done 3 months then did another 4 months. I have been lodged in Henderson also. CCDC was a vacation compared to Henderson. Sometimes the guards at CCDC can be pricks but for the most part they were decent. If it wasn't for one guard in particular I would have died in the holding cell. I will not mention names but I agree if you have a problem the way the jail is ran then don't get put in there. Could the guards be nicer? Yea sure they could be but look at some of the bulls*** and smarta** mouths they have to put up with day in and day out. There is always someone in there that will pi** them off. Granted they don't have to take it out on everyone else but if they are too nice then ppl would just run over them. If you don't like Humphrey then run against him. Bet you wouldn't win. Things are expensive on the canteen but that doesn't mean you have to buy off of it. It is a hardship on the families but we create our own problems to be put there and if your lucky then your family is by your side. Luckily I have had my family by my side from the get go.
Thinkin out loud

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Mar 11, 2011
I was not completley whining over the canteen. It's expensive but the jail has to makae money somehow. My main concern was the medication. I will never agree with that system. I can understand the tylenol and over the counter drugs being required to be purchased there. BUT not life saving drugs such as daily heart meds. You have to wait for the jails Dr. to see the patient and then he is at liberty to ok or deny. Even with that, it takes sometimes a couple of days to see the Dr. A COUPLE of days is enough for someone to die because they were denied the right to have their meds unless the families come up with a large amount of money to pay for "jail meds". As far as the guards are concerned, I did not hear any complaints about them. I'm sure they put up with alot of crap and verbal abuse themselves. I would be pretty mad to. However, they are not the ones who make up the rules. I'm just saying that the medicinal issues needs to be re-thought. No one should be denied their medication no matter what the charges are.
Info

Clarksville, TN

#9 Mar 11, 2011
I agree with you totally and I wasn't actually referring this to you just in general.
daniel

Frankfort, KY

#10 Mar 11, 2011
i been there a couple times and the place is a hole in the wall over crowded and its the only jail ive been in that ya gotta pay to be there gaurds aint that bad for real but the overall policy of the jail is a joke you would figure with all the money they make you wouldnt be sleeping on mats that are made for midgets i understand its not meant to be a vacation either but come on now ive seen people ask for toilet paper cause ther was none and be denied what kinda shit is that?theres a differce between doing the minimum and being down right in humane some people really need to lok into it along with the corupt police they have there
Info

Clarksville, TN

#11 Mar 11, 2011
daniel wrote:
i been there a couple times and the place is a hole in the wall over crowded and its the only jail ive been in that ya gotta pay to be there gaurds aint that bad for real but the overall policy of the jail is a joke you would figure with all the money they make you wouldnt be sleeping on mats that are made for midgets i understand its not meant to be a vacation either but come on now ive seen people ask for toilet paper cause ther was none and be denied what kinda shit is that?theres a differce between doing the minimum and being down right in humane some people really need to lok into it along with the corupt police they have there
I agree with you too. I have seen people denied toilet paper because it wasn't the day they hand it out. So yes some of the sh** is inhumane and there is no need for that kind of treatment. Just because people are inmates doesn't mean they aren't human.
Neutral Party

Salem, IN

#12 Mar 11, 2011
Speaking directly with Mike as the place I work provides services to CCDC, he was very proud of the fact that CCDC is one of the few jails that doesn't cost the county $. Yes, he is arrogant and the boss of the jail. Most everyone their is a con artist or chronic law breaker. He should be that way. Big deal. Don't break the law and you won't have to deal with him. He keeps criminals, not choir boys.
Facts wrote:
who cares

Clarksville, TN

#13 Mar 11, 2011
Mike is mean to the inmates and does not play fair with a lot of them. I hope Darla Ray runs. Hopefully then it will be more fair. She knows alot about getting high and takin pills with her girlfriend.
Corrupt System

Louisville, KY

#14 Mar 11, 2011
I had to stay there one weekend. It cost me over $700 dollars. They knew I had a job and they knew I'd pay it if I wanted out. So, I did. Little on the expensive side. Apparently, there is no set price. They charge you whatever they want. Not sure how it really works. I only know what I had to pay to stay there.
mike

Louisville, KY

#15 Mar 11, 2011
mike hump for free? He's a coool dude man.
kentuckian

United States

#16 Mar 13, 2011
I agree I think the medicine issue is totally wrong I was in there and had a severe headache the first night and they denied me even tylenol and said I would have to wait til the following day to see the nurse. Yes I realize jail is punishment but I have high blood pressure and it could have caused me problems. I think its time for mike to go I heard a few stories on him and the staff beating up inmates and abusing them.he is not god but I think he thinks he is, and there is a staff member there that drinks and uses and is An officer wtf!!!!!!! And if inmates have to pay to stay there they should all have fulll access to bed toiletries and whatever they may need they aren't animals!
Neutral Party

Salem, IN

#17 Mar 13, 2011
To infer that a worker at CCDC drinks and uses is big statement. Name names to have credibility. No credibility and until you do shut up.
My Opinion

Clarksville, TN

#18 Mar 14, 2011
If we had harsher punishment and todays jails were not so comfortable, then you wouldn't have repeat offenders who want to whine about unfair treatment. Think about some of the punishment/jails in other countries. I do believe Americans who break the law and go to jail have it pretty easy. If Mike Humphrey and the way he runs the jail makes you not want to go back....that's a good thing!
Over The Drama

Chicago, IL

#19 Mar 16, 2011
I know Mike on a personal level, he is a good guy that puts up with alot at the jail. So yeah he might be a a** at times, but you would be to. He works his ass off in and out of the jail to provide for his own. If people would realize what his guards and himself have to go through 24/7 then maybe they'd understand. But it seems everyone wants to "Judge a book by its cover" which is a bunch of bullshit. If people wouldnt do stupid things to get put into jail than maybe you wouldnt have to put up with Mike or the guards.I was housed in CCDC back in 2007 and im not complaining, and i havent been back in there since. Everyone just needs to lay off of Mike cause he is a good guy that does what he needs to, and puts up with alot from people thats in Jail. most of what you hear is just hear say and not the truth. But everyone has thier own opinions too i guess.
old breed

Maple Heights, OH

#20 Mar 18, 2011
Judge Tomlinson in his first term of office worked hard and got us this Detention Center when the County was paying over $300,000 a year transporting and housing prisoners at other facilities because we didn't have one.
Mike was elected Jailer to our good fortune and has done an outstanding job. Yes he did pay off this jail and now he is paying on the new roof and who knows what to maintain this expensive facility. It costs a lot.
He is not going to the UN as a diplomat. HE isn't rough with people unless that is necessary, He has to maintain order or have people hurt. Guards and inmates are at risk without control.
We could do so much worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
carrollton jail 54 min Non-law breaker 21
Jeffrey Brent 2 hr check it 14
Walmart.....Too Hot 3 hr Mike 5
Kinman Chevrolet 3 hr Mike 14
snappy (Feb '13) 11 hr huh 14
what really happend to them?? 13 hr Sure 3
Jeff Skaggs. What a pos 16 hr Marilyn Manson 4

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance