should jay jones be able to come back
BOB

Bowling Green, KY

#46 Nov 20, 2011
no, hes done sorry
Legislation

Lexington, KY

#47 Nov 20, 2011
510.110 Sexual abuse in the first degree.
(1) A person is guilty of sexual abuse in the first degree when:
(a) He or she subjects another person to sexual contact by forcible compulsion; or
(b) He or she subjects another person to sexual contact who is incapable of consent because he or she:
1. Is physically helpless; 2. Is less than twelve (12) years old; or 3. Is mentally incapacitated; or
(c) Being twenty-one (21) years old or more, he or she:
1. Subjects another person who is less than sixteen (16) years old to sexual contact;
2. Engages in masturbation in the presence of another person who is less than sixteen (16) years old and knows or has reason to know the other person is present; or
3. Engages in masturbation while using the Internet, telephone, or other electronic communication device while communicating with a minor who the person knows is less than sixteen (16) years old, and the minor can see or hear the person masturbate; or
(d) Being a person in a position of authority or position of special trust, as defined in KRS 532.045, he or she, regardless of his or her age, subjects a minor who is less than eighteen (18) years old, with whom he or she comes into contact as a result of that position, to sexual contact or engages in masturbation in the presence of the minor and knows or has reason to know the minor is present or engages in masturbation while using the Internet, telephone, or other electronic communication device while communicating with a minor who the person knows is less than sixteen (16) years old, and the minor can see or hear the person masturbate.
(2) Sexual abuse in the first degree is a Class D felony, unless the victim is less than twelve (12) years old, in which case the offense shall be a Class C felony.
Effective: July 15, 2008
History: Amended 2008 Ky. Acts ch. 72, sec. 1, effective July 15, 2008.-- Amended 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 182, sec. 33, effective July 12, 2006.-- Amended 2002 Ky. Acts ch. 259, sec. 5, effective July 15, 2002.-- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 91, effective January 1, 1975.
Curious George

Bowling Green, KY

#48 Nov 21, 2011
Legislation wrote:
510.110 Sexual abuse in the first degree.
(1) A person is guilty of sexual abuse in the first degree when:
(a) He or she subjects another person to sexual contact by forcible compulsion; or
(b) He or she subjects another person to sexual contact who is incapable of consent because he or she:
1. Is physically helpless; 2. Is less than twelve (12) years old; or 3. Is mentally incapacitated; or
(c) Being twenty-one (21) years old or more, he or she:
1. Subjects another person who is less than sixteen (16) years old to sexual contact;
2. Engages in masturbation in the presence of another person who is less than sixteen (16) years old and knows or has reason to know the other person is present; or
3. Engages in masturbation while using the Internet, telephone, or other electronic communication device while communicating with a minor who the person knows is less than sixteen (16) years old, and the minor can see or hear the person masturbate; or
(d) Being a person in a position of authority or position of special trust, as defined in KRS 532.045, he or she, regardless of his or her age, subjects a minor who is less than eighteen (18) years old, with whom he or she comes into contact as a result of that position, to sexual contact or engages in masturbation in the presence of the minor and knows or has reason to know the minor is present or engages in masturbation while using the Internet, telephone, or other electronic communication device while communicating with a minor who the person knows is less than sixteen (16) years old, and the minor can see or hear the person masturbate.
(2) Sexual abuse in the first degree is a Class D felony, unless the victim is less than twelve (12) years old, in which case the offense shall be a Class C felony.
Effective: July 15, 2008
History: Amended 2008 Ky. Acts ch. 72, sec. 1, effective July 15, 2008.-- Amended 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 182, sec. 33, effective July 12, 2006.-- Amended 2002 Ky. Acts ch. 259, sec. 5, effective July 15, 2002.-- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 91, effective January 1, 1975.
And according to the News Democrat the way they will get him is on the part where he was in a position of power and her being under the age of 18. Other than that he wouldn't be in this mess!!!
Alright

United States

#49 Nov 22, 2011
legal wrote:
<quoted text>
Her name should have been left out because she IS NOT 18 yrs. of age. It's the LAW !
Exactly
former CC parent

Louisville, KY

#50 Nov 26, 2011
There is a teacher at Winn who formerly taught at the high school but got pregnant by one of her h.s. students. I know she lost her job and her teaching certificate. She went back to college and got her elementary school certificate and Carroll County hired her back. Wonder what they will do with Jay?
Carroll County Citizen

Louisville, KY

#51 Nov 29, 2011
former CC parent wrote:
There is a teacher at Winn who formerly taught at the high school but got pregnant by one of her h.s. students. I know she lost her job and her teaching certificate. She went back to college and got her elementary school certificate and Carroll County hired her back. Wonder what they will do with Jay?
Yeah, as they said the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Joy's son, Mike is the biggest druggy in Carrollton. Must have gotten his wild seeds from his Mama, Joy Kindoll.
Disgusting

Bowling Green, KY

#52 Nov 29, 2011
Carroll County Citizen wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, as they said the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Joy's son, Mike is the biggest druggy in Carrollton. Must have gotten his wild seeds from his Mama, Joy Kindoll.
Wait....she got pregnant by a Carroll county high school student? Wtf! Why is she allowed around ANY kids? Jeez! That is upsetting.
Curious George

Bowling Green, KY

#53 Nov 30, 2011
He was fired earlier this week according to WIKI 95.3 at 7:30am today.
legal

Bowling Green, KY

#54 Nov 30, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Legal the way i look at it if Jay was not a teacher this would have not been a problem! By LAW 16 is the legal age! So why keep her name out of anything! If she wants to act like an adult why not treat her like one!
If you don't like the law, then go to Ky senate and have it changed.
As of present this is still THE LAW.
Curious George

Bowling Green, KY

#55 Nov 30, 2011
And the school board just sent letters out 2 days ago telling us that they had let him go and that they had a retired teacher taking over his classes until mid year and then they would find a new teacher to replace him. I knew they had fired him before I got the letter thanks to the radio!! How sad is that we had to hear about it from the radio before we were notified from the school.
parent

Nederland, CO

#56 Nov 30, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Why wouldnt you put the girls name on here she is the other side of the story! Jays name has been talked about everywhere! Why should her name be left out? O wait it is because she is 16 and didnt know what she was doing! Give me a break!
incase u dont know the law she is a minor its against the law to put her name out there and besides wether guilty or not if it was ur child would u want her name out there like that it dont matter what kind of person she is or he is everyone is calling her this or that and him and her are the only ones that know the truth every time the newa is on some preacher or some one is molesting kids so why cant it be true i know a girl from carrollton and i know for a fact she dont lie about anything and her friend was 16 and she was seeing him in school and yes he has a family and kids i respect that but if he did it he should have kept his pecker in his pants if he didnt do it he needs a public appology from the family and his job back and her pay for falsley accusing him but if he did he needs to do the time
HMM

Chicago, IL

#57 Nov 30, 2011
It does not matter at this point if he is found quilty or innocent, his job in that town is done. In fact I would take bets his teaching is done. This is why this is so sad if nothing really happened and he is totally innocent it wont change how the people of the community see him or that he would be an easy target for any girl who takes a grudge or just plain dislike for him.
Sadly these teenagers do not give much thought to the drastic changes these accusations cause those involved.
Hmmmmmmmmm

United States

#58 Dec 1, 2011
There had to be some proof the school system fired him
DannyC

Madison, IN

#59 Dec 1, 2011
NO
HMM

Chicago, IL

#60 Dec 1, 2011
In all honesty the school has taken the only position it can take in this matter. If an adult is accused of and then arrested for this kind of behavior the school has an obligation to the students of that community. I am not saying its right or wrong believe me just saying this is how it is.
The law is very clear on some matters in this case there are no gray areas to argue, if she is 16 or older yes in normal laws says she can consent BUT his position as a person of trust and authority now have made this a new issue. Again I am not saying one way or the other but it is the law. Our teachers and school faucitly are intrusted with the well being and care of our children. We have to trust that they will do as we would in any situation and/or that they will PROTECT our child, either way this falls that now has been taken away with him.
The girl involved if 16 or older did know what she was doing and is of legal age. Whether she has had sex 100 times before or never before is not the issue with this. She is not innocent by no means (unless rape is involved) but how many when or whom she has had sex is not and should never be an issue with this.
GROW UP

Louisville, KY

#61 Dec 1, 2011
Carroll County Citizen wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, as they said the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Joy's son, Mike is the biggest druggy in Carrollton. Must have gotten his wild seeds from his Mama, Joy Kindoll.
Wait Joy and her son mike have nothing to do with this post.. so why dont u just leave them out of it joy is a loving mother and has tried her hardest to raise her children to be good ppl she was a single mother so its not her fault her son made the choices he made... If she had some help and didnt have to work all the time to support her children she could of been there more to help him out so he wouldnt resort to what he was doing...
Curious George

Jeffersonville, IN

#62 Dec 1, 2011
I don't think you can blame the parents in this mess anyway...He is an adult and knew what he was doing was wrong. Why in the world would you even try to blame his mom??? Was she there holding his hand telling me to do whatever it is he done with this girl or any other for that matter? I think not...he needs to stand up and take responsibility for his actions and everyone needs to quit blaming his mom for what he has done. It is always blame the parents no matter how old the person is...like he doesn't have a brain to think for himself.
nate

Finchville, KY

#63 Dec 1, 2011
this is my basketball coach well ex now i just cant belive he would do anything like that
Amanda Farrar

Cincinnati, OH

#64 Dec 1, 2011
i think everyone needs to just let the county handle the situation about the law then let christie deal with it at home i mean come on people is this all u got to do it is none of your business unless your kids are involved can u imagine if u was being accused and had a set of twins at home i know christie she will handle her business so everyone needs to stay out of their business like i said unless jay influenced your kids
do what

Ft Mitchell, KY

#65 Dec 1, 2011
Who got pregnant by a high schooler and is she currently teaching at K Winn?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adam Erwin 1 hr Turd 7
James Tuttle (jimmy) 1 hr dark skye 2
Joshua D Martin 1 hr bobo 12
James and kaitlyn mcgleenen 1 hr Duh Huh 6
Jessica 4 hr mr willie 11
jimmy tuttle aka deadbeat 10 hr joe 5
How did he die? 20 hr Family 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages