Rest In Peace Little Brother

Posted in the Carrollton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Johnny Masters

Louisville, KY

#1 Sep 11, 2010
On the Night of August 24, 2010, just after midnight—so technically—it was the next day, August 25, 2010, early Wednesday morning, at 12:35am, 24-year-old Aaron “A.A.” L. Martin was hit, ran over, and drug by 36-year-old Donnie Ketterer, who was driving Jeremy Lewis's truck, on state highway KY 47 in Ghent, KY.

Donnie Ketterer leaves Aaron Martin in the middle of the road, and never turns back.

Aaron Martin was killed that night by vehicular homicide.

Aaron AA Martin was a Carpenter, a Baptist, and a Father. Aaron leaves behind a beautiful sweet little boy. Aaron Martin's son's name is Zach Alan Martin.

The News Democrat, The Madison Courier Journal, and several television stations have picked this story up, so it's 100% totally and completely true. Google it. Check it out.

That same day, on Wednesday, on August 25, 2010, almost immediately, several of the local folks had the drop on the hit-and-run driver and his vehicular homicide crime and began reporting what they knew on the Carrollton, KY TOPIX forum, on the Internet. Here's the link of that discussion:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/carrollton-ky...

When you combine the so-called “official” reports with the TOPIX reports, you get a fuller picture of what happened. Here's what happened:

AA Martin had gotten into a car accident earlier that night, and his car was stuck in a ditch. Alex Martin, AA's brother, and his friends, were there on KY 47 helping AA get his car out of the ditch, and back onto the road. While AA's vehicle was off the road, there were 2 trucks parked on KY 47 with their 4-way flashers blinking.

Then enters Donnie Ketterer. Mr. Ketterer comes barreling down KY 47 in Jeremy Lewis's truck. Donnie Ketterer was the driver, Melissa Llewellyn was sitting in the middle, and Jeremy Lewis was sitting on the passenger side.
Johnny Masters

Louisville, KY

#2 Sep 11, 2010
Donnie Ketterer hits the two trucks that were parked in the middle of the road, and Aaron was in Donnie's warpath, and Aaron tried to run away, but he couldn't get out of Donnie's way quick enough. Donnie Ketterer strikes Aaron Martin with Jeremy Lewis's truck, and drags him a bit up the road. Donnie and crew doesn't slow down for Aaron nor do they even tap on the brakes to indicate that they had thought for a moment about stopping to help, or to call for police. Donnie and crew pressed on the gas and fled the scene of the crime, and left Aaron in the middle of the road, dead.

Alex Martin, Aaron's older brother, witnessed this horrid detailed account.

Aaron Martin was pronounced dead on the scene by the Carroll County coroner.

After Donnie, Jeremy, and Melissa ran the 24 year old Aaron Martin over, and killed him, and fled the murder scene, they then went and hid the damaged truck at “Duigid's house” on 42, in a barn. The KSP later found Jeremy's truck, but none of the suspects, at the time, were found.

It is believed that Donnie and crew didn't stop because they had been drinking, or that other narcotics were being used at the time, though no evidence of that has been discovered.

Since Lonnie Ketterer is Donnie's twin brother, some folks thought that Lonnie was actually responsible for Aaron's death. Lonnie was known for getting drunk, and he had gotten into a motorcycle accident recently because of drinking and driving under the influence of alcohol.

On September 1, 2010, one week after the vehicular homicide occurred, at 4pm, Donnie Ketterer was arrested by the Kentucky State Police, and was taken to CCDC, where he was booked, and was given a $25,000 cash bond. Donnie was charged with “leaving the scene of an accident” and “failure to render aid with death or physical injury”. Donnie pleaded “not guilty” and was assigned a public defender.

No charges have been filed on Jeremy Lewis or Melissa Lewellyn.

There were some liars on Topix who tried to defend Donnie, but as more facts were uncovered, their stories began to change. At first, the liars on TOPIX were reporting that Donnie had thought that he hit a deer, and didn't stop.
Johnny Masters

Louisville, KY

#3 Sep 11, 2010
Then later, the liars said that he was blinded by the truck's high beams, and couldn't see what was had happened, and that was reason he didn't stop. After Donnie was arrested and jailed, then liars began to blame the victim of this homicide and said that it was ACTUALLY Aaron who had ran out in the middle of the road and got hit.

Those same liars who adamantly defended Donnie, Jeremy, and Melissa also said that they were going to pray for them.

Alex Martin, Aaron's older brother, who witnessed the entire ordeal and was on Topix reporting what he saw, typed this:

“I was there. Aaron was my baby brother. There was plenty of time for Donnie to stop. He didn't even slow down. There was a big truck in the road with lights and flashers and Donnie never even touched a brake!”

“So for all you dumb fucks who think they know what happened, you don't know shit. And anyone who has a problem with my family knows where to find me, Alex Martin, in Ghent!”

Jeremy Lewis's ex-wife types that Jeremy has had a problem with alcohol for quite some time. One time Jeremy tried to grab the wheel of her car and run them off the Interstate. Then he told her, and the children, that he was shoot them with his AK-47 when they got home. When Jeremy went into the other room to get the gun, Jeremy Lewis's ex-wife's 15-year-old son stopped Jeremy by beating the shit out of him with a baseball bat. Jeremy Lewis's ex-wife left Jeremy after that, and never turned back.

She also types that Jeremy said that she was an “idiot for believing in God” and that Jesus was a “2000 year-old lie”.

Jeremy Lewis's ex-wife cautions us that the police and the politicians in Carroll County are to blame for Jeremy thinking that he is above the law, and for being able to get away with anything he does. Many times the police knew that Jeremy was drinking and driving, and they just laughed about it. They turned their heads because of who Jeremy's family is, and because of who his family's attorney is: Ruth Baxter.
Johnny Masters

Louisville, KY

#4 Sep 11, 2010
Ruth Baxter is Jimmy Crawford's wife. Jimmy Crawford is the Prosecutor for Carroll County. Jeremy Lewis's ex-wife doesn't think that Jimmy Crawford will be a fair and impartial prosecutor on this case since there's clearly a conflict-of-interest that would prevent him from being so. Conflicts-of-interest forces Jimmy Crawford to recuse him off this case since staying on that case would be illegal.

Jeremy Lewis's ex-wife considers Jeremy just as guilty as Donnie, but predicts that he won't get into any trouble. She types:

“Donnie will go down by his self and it's a shame too. Jeremy's not half the man Donnie is. Donnie is a hard worker, and he was even raising Jeremy's son for awhile. You can bet Jeremy was buying the booze. He should donate the money his dad left him to Aaron's family. At least pay for the funeral. But even all the money in the world can't bring AA back.”

Donnie Ketterer has 3 children with a 4th one on the way.

If Donnie Ketterer is convicted of the two charges that the police put on him, he could get up to five years in prison.

Aaron Martin's father, Jerry Michael Martin, has already died, but Aaron is survived by Aaron's mother, 3 sisters, and 3 brothers, who are all living Florida, except for one: Alex Martin.

Aaron's Mother, Cathy Elaine Branstetter, types:

“This is AA's, Aaron's, Momma. I've lost my little boy forever and someone needs to pay for this.”

2 days before the 9th Anniversary of 9-11, on Thursday, September 9, 2010, Donnie Ketterer was released from CCDC out on bond.

Alex Martin types:

“There was a big truck in the middle of the road with flashers and headlights on. Come on. Anybody in their right mind would at least slow down. Donnie never touched the brake. He stayed in the gas and then went and hid the truck. Don't tell me shit. You know nothing.”

“Rest In Peace Little Brother.”

Aaron Martin was born on June 13, 1986.
Wants to know

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Sep 11, 2010
I heard that melissa tried to kill herself the next day and was hospitalized....anyone know if this is true? I have known that girl her whole life and she is poison to everything and one she touches, maybe it's her upbringing or the fact that she can't seem to drag herself out of the drugs and drama, I don't know but it seems like she is always involved in some type of trouble all the time. I do not know the man who was killed but I feel deeply for the family, I have been there in their shoes and unlike my family I hope they get justice for his death.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Sep 11, 2010
my heart goes out to this family and donnie deserves everything he is getting but he needs more. but he is still in jail. go to jail tracker.com and he is still in there.
pray

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Sep 11, 2010
I pray for AA family to find peace

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Sep 11, 2010
pray wrote:
I pray for AA family to find peace
me 2 they deserve peace and justice. my heart breaks for them so bad.
Johnny Masters

Louisville, KY

#9 Sep 11, 2010
I'm not 100% sure if he is out of jail, but I did check jailtracker.com and it led me here:

http://www.carrolldetention.com/Carroll_Inmat...

and I didn't see his name there. A Topix user reported that he was released, but I didn't get the name, or "name", of said person, so who knows...

James I and Alex, I believe, were the most reliable voices on that original forum, so anything they said, I'd believe. The rest is just judgment based on gut; what seems true.
local

Louisville, KY

#10 Sep 11, 2010
sorry to say this is soo right in carroll county money walk..so sorry for your family. wish there was something i could do. 5yrs isnt enought
Johnny Masters wrote:
Ruth Baxter is Jimmy Crawford's wife. Jimmy Crawford is the Prosecutor for Carroll County. Jeremy Lewis's ex-wife doesn't think that Jimmy Crawford will be a fair and impartial prosecutor on this case since there's clearly a conflict-of-interest that would prevent him from being so. Conflicts-of-interest forces Jimmy Crawford to recuse him off this case since staying on that case would be illegal.
Jeremy Lewis's ex-wife considers Jeremy just as guilty as Donnie, but predicts that he won't get into any trouble. She types:
“Donnie will go down by his self and it's a shame too. Jeremy's not half the man Donnie is. Donnie is a hard worker, and he was even raising Jeremy's son for awhile. You can bet Jeremy was buying the booze. He should donate the money his dad left him to Aaron's family. At least pay for the funeral. But even all the money in the world can't bring AA back.”
Donnie Ketterer has 3 children with a 4th one on the way.
If Donnie Ketterer is convicted of the two charges that the police put on him, he could get up to five years in prison.
Aaron Martin's father, Jerry Michael Martin, has already died, but Aaron is survived by Aaron's mother, 3 sisters, and 3 brothers, who are all living Florida, except for one: Alex Martin.
Aaron's Mother, Cathy Elaine Branstetter, types:
“This is AA's, Aaron's, Momma. I've lost my little boy forever and someone needs to pay for this.”
2 days before the 9th Anniversary of 9-11, on Thursday, September 9, 2010, Donnie Ketterer was released from CCDC out on bond.
Alex Martin types:
“There was a big truck in the middle of the road with flashers and headlights on. Come on. Anybody in their right mind would at least slow down. Donnie never touched the brake. He stayed in the gas and then went and hid the truck. Don't tell me shit. You know nothing.”
“Rest In Peace Little Brother.”
Aaron Martin was born on June 13, 1986.
local

Louisville, KY

#11 Sep 11, 2010
Jeremy Lewis or Melissa Lewellyn need to be in jail too
Che

Louisville, KY

#13 Sep 11, 2010
Of course, they should. They were accessories to murder. They watched a man die, and then watched another man cover it up, and they did nothing. They are just as guilty as he is.
WTFEVER

Louisville, KY

#14 Sep 11, 2010
Johnny Masters wrote:
I'm not 100% sure if he is out of jail, but I did check jailtracker.com and it led me here:
and I didn't see his name there. A Topix user reported that he was released, but I didn't get the name, or "name", of said person, so who knows...
James I and Alex, I believe, were the most reliable voices on that original forum, so anything they said, I'd believe. The rest is just judgment based on gut; what seems true.
I just went to that website and went to the 4th page, his name is right there in between Kendall and Kinser. If the prosecuting attorney finds enough evidence to show the passengers should be charged, they will be in the same boat as Mr. Ketterer.
Johnny Masters

Louisville, KY

#15 Sep 11, 2010
Okay... my bad. You don't have to be a dick about it.
mr masters

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Sep 11, 2010
WTFEVER wrote:
<quoted text>
I just went to that website and went to the 4th page, his name is right there in between Kendall and Kinser. If the prosecuting attorney finds enough evidence to show the passengers should be charged, they will be in the same boat as Mr. Ketterer.
well if this was in in indiana they would be,but being an commewelth our laws are outdated, i am sure if they can charge them it will be aidding and hinder prosecution. which i am sure will be more time than ketter will get
Che

Louisville, KY

#17 Sep 11, 2010
Plus, the Prosecutor is an accessory to the crime to, if he hides Jeremy Lewis or Melissa Llywellyn's crimes... which Jeremy Lewis's ex-wife said he probably will.

Ruth Baxtor and Jimmy Crawford are the biggest criminals in Carroll County. If they let Jeremy adn Llywellyn get away with their crimes, they should be tried to, and I'd recommend the death penalty for anybody who thinks it's okay to murder somebody with a car, and then to hide those criminals who did it.
Che

Louisville, KY

#18 Sep 11, 2010
Plus why would you trust that criminal Mike Humphries to house this guy? Mike probably helped him cover it up.
Che

Louisville, KY

#19 Sep 11, 2010
Conflict of Interest is illegal in Kentucky. It's in our Constitution.
none ya

Crittenden, KY

#20 Sep 11, 2010
Johnny Masters wrote:
I just pulled up the CCDC website and it shows that Donnie there under a $25,000 cash bond. He can't be bonded out or that throws out the public defender because they will say if he can afford the bond then he has the money to get an attorney.
WTFEVER

Louisville, KY

#21 Sep 11, 2010
Johnny Masters wrote:
Okay... my bad. You don't have to be a dick about it.
Do what? How in the world was that being a dick, all I did was let you know where to look. Are you one of those guys that gets on here to pick a fight?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Doll 10 min Smh 18
Tonya couch an ray chapman 18 min cracking up 3
Djs and sherry jackson 2 hr Sure 1
Samantha 3 hr teamidontcare 1
Atheists 6 hr Him 10
Walmart 13 hr toofunny 7
Jacena Winburn (Aug '11) 22 hr Yup 11

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance