seriously! this is exactly why cc is ...

seriously! this is exactly why cc is a joke

Posted in the Carrollton Forum

wow2

Jeffersonville, IN

#1 Sep 13, 2012
http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp...

ya thats exactly why carrollton is so great. the lighting and fresh sidewalks. how long was it that it was done anyway? thres nothing wrong with it. and im all for supporting our troops as i am married to a vet, but how can these things be the only things on the list!!!!!!! this is exactly the community's problem! Get shorty tomlison out of office, and get in someone new, thats actually going to do something for the community and its people. lets start with the drug problem, the youth needing a place to go like a ymca or community center before they start experimenting with drugs, and a day care that actually stays open and in business more than a couple of months so people can work. theres lots of things that need changed or improved, but as you can see, their not going to happen any time soon the way its being ran.
Well

Eminence, KY

#2 Sep 13, 2012
wow2 wrote:
http://madisoncourier.com/main .asp?SectionID=178&SubSect ionID=286&ArticleID=72104 &TM=76109.47
ya thats exactly why carrollton is so great. the lighting and fresh sidewalks. how long was it that it was done anyway? thres nothing wrong with it. and im all for supporting our troops as i am married to a vet, but how can these things be the only things on the list!!!!!!! this is exactly the community's problem! Get shorty tomlison out of office, and get in someone new, thats actually going to do something for the community and its people. lets start with the drug problem, the youth needing a place to go like a ymca or community center before they start experimenting with drugs, and a day care that actually stays open and in business more than a couple of months so people can work. theres lots of things that need changed or improved, but as you can see, their not going to happen any time soon the way its being ran.
Agree
Carrollton resident

Eminence, KY

#3 Sep 13, 2012
Is that who is in charge of getting these kids something in here is Shorty? just wondering who is in charge of this Town to get some help for these kids? or something in here for them to do ? Why can't City of Carrollton with our tax money pay to get a movie Theater or something in here for these kids? I really do not think it is all Shorty think it is more then just him that has to do it. He does do alot for this community more then most!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#4 Sep 13, 2012
GET THE FREAKIN' parents involved with community projects. LIKE what kind of entertainment SHOULD the kids be involved in? Indoor Rock Climbing, a movie theater is a great idea, a roller skate rink..or an indoor pool..all FREAKIN' about excercise..for the physical body...then they'll eat healthier and feel better..
trailer park trash

Chicago, IL

#5 Sep 16, 2012
Suggestion: If you feel strongly about it then why don't YOU do something? If you come up with a good idea then do whatever it takes to "make it happen". What's wrong with YOU taking some initiative. I can't tell you what you need to do; figure it out. I believe that Carrollton has a big brother and big sister organization to name just one thing that you could do to make things better.
Carrollton resident

Eminence, KY

#6 Sep 16, 2012
I am sorry but the last time I checked wy wallett it was not loaded like your alls... apparently most of us around here can not afford it cause all the tie heads are buying us out of everything, you guys have the power and get money from the state to do these for the kids, just like Madison did plenty of things for their kids, they got everything there for kids to do. We have nothing!
Takecharge

United States

#7 Sep 16, 2012
well.... when I was a teen years ago there was a movie theater do not think my friends and I ever went there. D.R was one place the teens had to hang out. BUT A GAIN IT IS SAME AS EVERYTHING ELSE, SOME CLICKS TOOK OVER AND MADE OTHERS FEEL UNWELCOMED. It is worse today then 25 years ago. We had nothing else there accept winter and ski. So we spent a lot of time, swimming. camping. hanging out around the fire or just having fun at a park oh wow and get this it was a time in life some parents would have a cook out for us teens and allow us to hang out all night around the fire and talk, joke goof off be teens and we survived. News flash most teens do not want to hang out where their is adults watching over them. So maybe all the adults that are worried about something for the teens to do should have weekend events for the teens see How many show up and if it is even worth complaining about. Halooween is coming do a dance for the teens or costume party. get parents involved it will cost less. Music, food, and so forth best costume. Charge for tickets and pay for its self. If it is a big hit then try and get the city involved for a teen club for weekends. Take charge make a change or you do not have room to complain.
Peter Golton

London, UK

#8 Sep 16, 2012
wow2 wrote:
http://madisoncourier.com/main .asp?SectionID=178&SubSect ionID=286&ArticleID=72104 &TM=76109.47
Some of the things you say strike a chord with my own experience but I am from a completely different community. I came across this forum by accident whilst searching for Prestonville - I live in Prestonville, Brighton in England, UK

We have been struggling with the potential loss of a valued community space for the last 9 months. Our local church, who own our village hall, decided to sell it. We all hoped that the council would step in but they didn't have the money,etc,etc. So we decided to form a community cooperative - a business that is formed as not-for-profit. Rather than wait for the building to be knocked down and sold to developers, we are going to take over the hall ourselves. We are selling shares and each shareholder will have a vote in how the hall is run. True democracy!

So if you really want something to change, get together with your neighbors and do it yourself. You'll meet people you didn't know and feel that you've contributed to saving your community.

Have a look at what we are doing on our website at http://ExeterStreetHall.org or on Facebook at ExeterStreetHall or on Twitter @exeterStHall

Hope you enjoyed the Olympics!
carrollton resident

Eminence, KY

#9 Sep 20, 2012
Very well said Peter and Thank you for the advice and input...
whiny asses

Carrollton, KY

#10 Sep 20, 2012
Well i know BJ Watts went to the city council before building his new gym and said if they wanted to pay half he would put half the money up himself to put in an indoor pool and rec center along with his gym, and the city council declined his proposel. Yet we sank millions into a camp/rv park downtown which already needs hundreds of thousands in work due to poorly contstruction during original building, and has been appproved. seems to me this town and its leaders are not concerned with our youth and the drug problem in our community, they are just worried about putting money in one another pockets like our whole political system is, so if we want a change we need to stand up as a community and take charge.
Truth

Sellersburg, IN

#11 Sep 24, 2012
There is a town in Carroll County building a Recreation Center. To give the kids a safe drug free place to have fun. But because it is not Carrollton it does not get talked about much. They had a Halloween Festival with a dance last year and at Christmas gave out free gifts and picture's to kids from all over. That is just of a few of the activities that they try to do for citizens. Carrollton is changing and trying to do more for the people it just takes time.
A Friend

Bardstown, KY

#12 Sep 25, 2012
I think first and far most the parents need to be involved!I don't mean just take them somewhere and just drop them off.Do any of the parents that do this really think they are watching that game you drop them off at?No way! There are drug deals going on in the parking lots.Who is to stop this?No one is in the parking lots to see who and what is going on.Small children are all over these fields and again no one is watching.Have you ever went to a game at the high school gym .If you did I think some parents would be shocked to see what goes on out side those walls.Again children not being watched.I have heard people say they want to run drugs out of our town,and this is a good thing.But don't dare think that your son or daughter would not do these drugs because you our only fooling yourself.The key to our drug problems and our children having nothing to do is that we as a whole need to get involved.When is the last time anyone said am going to help with these games to watch over our children,Very little supervision is what we have.So before we start thinking of having somewhere for our children to go,Let's make sure these children are safe at the places that we do have.And you can bet at any given time you go to these games you would see what am talking about!I am willing to walk the parking lots and grounds to make sure are children are safe! Anybody want to join in? Lets show the drug dealers and the trouble makers we are not going to take it anymore. Once we run these people away..Then we can put things in place for our children.Safety starts at home!! Make sure if you have drugs in the house there is no way your children can get ahold of them. This is where 42% of our children are getting this stuff.And they sell it to there friends. Wake up people are we will be losing a lot more of are children to drugs and alcohol .We can make a difference,If no one wants to get involved then don't complain when it happens to your family.IT STARTS AT HOME WITH PARENTS WANTING TO BE IN THERE CHILD'S LIFE, SO LETS PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER AND MAKE A CHANGE!
Yep

Lexington, KY

#13 Sep 25, 2012
A Friend wrote:
I think first and far most the parents need to be involved!I don't mean just take them somewhere and just drop them off.Do any of the parents that do this really think they are watching that game you drop them off at?No way! There are drug deals going on in the parking lots.Who is to stop this?No one is in the parking lots to see who and what is going on.Small children are all over these fields and again no one is watching.Have you ever went to a game at the high school gym .If you did I think some parents would be shocked to see what goes on out side those walls.Again children not being watched.I have heard people say they want to run drugs out of our town,and this is a good thing.But don't dare think that your son or daughter would not do these drugs because you our only fooling yourself.The key to our drug problems and our children having nothing to do is that we as a whole need to get involved.When is the last time anyone said am going to help with these games to watch over our children,Very little supervision is what we have.So before we start thinking of having somewhere for our children to go,Let's make sure these children are safe at the places that we do have.And you can bet at any given time you go to these games you would see what am talking about!I am willing to walk the parking lots and grounds to make sure are children are safe! Anybody want to join in? Lets show the drug dealers and the trouble makers we are not going to take it anymore. Once we run these people away..Then we can put things in place for our children.Safety starts at home!! Make sure if you have drugs in the house there is no way your children can get ahold of them. This is where 42% of our children are getting this stuff.And they sell it to there friends. Wake up people are we will be losing a lot more of are children to drugs and alcohol .We can make a difference,If no one wants to get involved then don't complain when it happens to your family.IT STARTS AT HOME WITH PARENTS WANTING TO BE IN THERE CHILD'S LIFE, SO LETS PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER AND MAKE A CHANGE!
Very true! People say they want things to change but never do anything about it! If you can't change the world then at least change the life of your child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Goldstone walmart employee 47 min GM Walmart 2
Rebecca Arvin (rebecca gross) 2 hr miss thang 1
After7 3 hr Gay41008 11
stupid is stupid does 7 hr carroll 10
curious 8 hr Gay41008 55
Pegging (Dec '14) 8 hr Pleasedomybutt 23
County judge Bobby Lee 9 hr CC 31
More from around the web

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE