Harriet

Columbus, GA

#41 Nov 17, 2012
OBAMA12 wrote:
I don't understand why some of these people
That are blessed with more money don't help out some of the not so fortunate in our country! I
Look around here at some of the snobs driving around in 50 thousand dollar vehicles when the majority of our county don't have that much in
Their house! I think they should have to
Pay more taxes! Come on
People it's America! Lets be more
Helpful to the less fortunate!
Is it an individual responsibility or collective responsibility for charity?
How do you know what someone who is driving a $50,000 vehicle gives to charity? You don't even know how much taxes they pay either.
Americans gave more than $298.42 billion in 2011 to their favorite causes despite the economic conditions.

I think the calls for "economic justice" are motivated by greed and envy.
stinky pete

Powder Springs, GA

#42 Nov 17, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
You already do -- why do you think the cost of medical care is so high? Uninsured people doing what the Republicans tell them, "Go to the ER." That's fine, but then they can't pay the bill, and eventually it gets written off and the cost is passed on to the people who *do* have insurance, or who *do* pay their bills, even if it ruins them.
Obamacare will insure these people so that the cost of medical care can go down over time. No more passing on bad debt to the other people.
SCREW THEM , SCREW YOU WOBB! I barely can afford to live , I would'nt have this p.c. if i did'nt need for work ! I pay my bills out of my own pocket while loser's like you are on the public dole taking money out of our check's to keep up the likes of you!! while you sit on your fat ass and run your pie hole like IN A FORUM like you are a encyclopedia brittanica, you are an idiot loser who has nothing else to do but spew liberal sh!t that nobody gives a crap about!!!! Move to Cali where you and your ilk are accepted !! Go blow moonbeam while your at it .
stinky pete

Powder Springs, GA

#43 Nov 17, 2012
And screw you too OBAMA 12 !!! LOSER!
OBAMA12

Temple, GA

#44 Nov 17, 2012
Well I had a good job one time until
The republicans bankrupted the country with their wasteful spending! And talk about greed? How bout is goin to war with Iraq? How much did that cost the country? And this so called war on terror? How bout companies like Halliburton making billions in the Middle East. Oh I forgot your ex vice pres. Mr. Dick Cheney was once the CEO. I think it's time we bring all the troops home and worry about our country instead of the rest of the world. At least with our president now I don't have to worry about another war! Thank goodness Romney didn't get elected!
OBAMA12

Temple, GA

#45 Nov 17, 2012
But because off the economy and the loss of my job I think people making more money that supported the people that bankrupted us with the "war on terror" should step up to plate and help us out! How bout selling that Navigator and take the money and help some of the troops that were sent over there?
stinky pete

Powder Springs, GA

#46 Nov 17, 2012
you are so full of sh!t like your sister wobb!!
OBAMA12

Temple, GA

#47 Nov 17, 2012
Hey Pete, guess what? The majority of the country agrees with me.. That's why my president got re-elected.. Just go cling to your guns and embrace your other eggheads and figure out how you can beat us democrats next time around..

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#48 Nov 17, 2012
SP, I'm not going to reiterate the difference between welfare (i.e. "the public dole") and disability. Suffice to say I worked longer than you're probably been alive, I earned my disability, and if I could work I'd be doing it. Living on disability is no walk in the park, and I take no form of low-income public assistance, even though I could easily qualify for it.

My house is paid for, my truck is paid for, and I pay cash for all my utilities, food and everything else. I earned and paid for everything I have, with money I either saved or earned.

Yet I still have enough compassion to want everyone to have the same level of medical care I get through Medicare. Even people who only make minimum wage, or who haven't been able to find another job to replace the one they lost in 2008.

BTW, do you use that same mouth to low-rate your grandparents when they retire and try to live on Social Security? Because that's what I'm doing. Not welfare, not hand-outs, not EBT, not Medicaid.

Have fun when it's your turn.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#49 Nov 18, 2012
OBAMA12 wrote:
Well I had a good job one time until
The republicans bankrupted the country with their wasteful spending! And talk about greed? How bout is goin to war with Iraq? How much did that cost the country? And this so called war on terror? How bout companies like Halliburton making billions in the Middle East. Oh I forgot your ex vice pres. Mr. Dick Cheney was once the CEO. I think it's time we bring all the troops home and worry about our country instead of the rest of the world. At least with our president now I don't have to worry about another war! Thank goodness Romney didn't get elected!
Maybe your rage should be directed at Kerry, Clinton, Biden, Edwards, and numerous other Democrats that voted for that war.

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#50 Nov 18, 2012
I have a grudge against every single member of Congress who voted for both wars. There was no need to go into Afghanistan (history shows no one wins a land war in Afghanistan -- they even beat the crap out of Alexander the Great)-- a surgical strike like what actually took out OBL would have sufficed.

And Iraq was just Bush II trying to prove something to Bush I. I have a REAL grudge against everyone who voted for THAT war in particular.
Southerner

Columbus, GA

#51 Nov 18, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
I have a grudge against every single member of Congress who voted for both wars. There was no need to go into Afghanistan (history shows no one wins a land war in Afghanistan -- they even beat the crap out of Alexander the Great)-- a surgical strike like what actually took out OBL would have sufficed.
And Iraq was just Bush II trying to prove something to Bush I. I have a REAL grudge against everyone who voted for THAT war in particular.
Its easy to say that about Afghanistan now, 10+ years after 911. Killing OBL in the onset would not have made Al Queda ineffective or lessened their potential for repeat attacks. Al Queda had to be completely destroyed, their entire chain of command and each cell leader and your lowest level member. They enjoyed Afghanistan as a safe haven and a base to command and launch 911 and other terrorist attacks and we took that away. Unfortunately the mindset was we could provide stability for the region which are goal that cannot be achieved.
Iraq is Iraq. I do not believe GW Bush went to war to prove anything to anyone. The congress and the American people were behind this because at the time it was confirmed by our intelligence agencies he had those infamous weapons of mass destruction.
Strategically, Iraq, makes sense, the final threat to the region, Iran, is now bookended by US forces. Unfortunately, America no longer has the will nor the resources to prevent Iran, at least on the ground, from becoming the dominate player and forcing its will on the region. If America leaves the Persian Gulf, the Iranians will fill the void, the EU and Asia's economies (including China) depend on an uninterrupted flow of oil from the Persian Gulf.
That is provided "free of charge" by the US Armed Forces.
OBAMA12

Griffin, GA

#52 Nov 18, 2012
Hey mso4 why don't you go over there and fight terror slick? But you had rather send troops and put them in harms way for GREED. I'm for protecting our homeland but I'm not for going to
Afghanistan, look what happened when Russia was over there? I think slick needs a history lesson..

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#53 Nov 18, 2012
Southerner wrote:
Iraq is Iraq. I do not believe GW Bush went to war to prove anything to anyone. The congress and the American people were behind this because at the time it was confirmed by our intelligence agencies he had those infamous weapons of mass destruction.
I wasn't behind it, a lot of people I know weren't behind it, and 156 members of Congress weren't behind it (133 House, 77 Senate). It may have proved strategically worthwhile, but don't kid yourself -- it was nothing more than Shrub wanting to prove he could do what his daddy couldn't, egged on by Darth Cheney.
Southerner

Columbus, GA

#54 Nov 18, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
<quoted text>
it was nothing more than Shrub wanting to prove he could do what his daddy couldn't, egged on by Darth Cheney.

I find it amazing that someone who portrays such intelligence on here really believes that.
You haven't any facts to back that statement up, short of quoting another persons opinion piece yet you make this your stand on the issue.
I bet when someone on the other side attacks our current President and his character with unsubstantiated outrageous claims, you quickly come to his defense?
Help Desk

Bremen, GA

#55 Nov 18, 2012
When the last bill is paid for the war in Iran and Afghanistan many, many decades from now when the last veteran of that war dies what do you think it will cost the USA? An earlier estimate (2008) by Joseph Stiglitz was in the 3-5 trillion dollar range. Today 3 trillion seems unlikely.
OBAMA12

Griffin, GA

#56 Nov 18, 2012
I love how MSO4 has nothing to say. I guess we punked him out, just like America punked out the Republican Party...just sayin

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#57 Nov 18, 2012
OBAMA12 wrote:
Hey mso4 why don't you go over there and fight terror slick? But you had rather send troops and put them in harms way for GREED. I'm for protecting our homeland but I'm not for going to
Afghanistan, look what happened when Russia was over there? I think slick needs a history lesson..
Maybe you should ask your dear leader. He took a page from Bush and sent even MORE troops to Afghanistan. But hey dumbass, keep making excuses.
OBAMA12

Atlanta, GA

#58 Nov 18, 2012
Yeah and under Obama, we got bin laden, and actually have a plan for getting everybody home, and you call me a dumbass? How childish. When you graduate kindergarten then you can try to have an educated conversation with some adults.SLICK

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#59 Nov 18, 2012
Yeah, the troops are being drawn down in Afghanistan (not fast enough, though). You can't win a land war in Afghanistan. Everyone knows that, except Russia (USSR at the time) and apparently the US.

Unfortunately, there's no end date for the war, and we'll still have a presence there even after the war "ends".

And I'm not happy about that. We got OBL, al Qaeda is in tatters, and the Taliban is just a scurrying little pack of less than 100 members. We need to leave and let them go back to their Stone Age lifestyle.
Southerner

Columbus, GA

#60 Nov 19, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
Yeah, the troops are being drawn down in Afghanistan (not fast enough, though). You can't win a land war in Afghanistan. Everyone knows that, except Russia (USSR at the time) and apparently the US.
Unfortunately, there's no end date for the war, and we'll still have a presence there even after the war "ends".
And I'm not happy about that. We got OBL, al Qaeda is in tatters, and the Taliban is just a scurrying little pack of less than 100 members. We need to leave and let them go back to their Stone Age lifestyle.
We still got troops in Iraq, sweetheart.
Drawing down in Afghanistan? Maybe some S1 and S4 personnel but you really don't know what the hell you are talking about when it comes to the military.
You might want to draw down on reading the Huffington Post and Mother Earth for your information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 22 min Oh my 62,169
Cute fireman 11 hr BremenFan 15
isis 21 hr duder 19
Shall we dance? Sun Petsound 10
Creig Lee - Temple PD (Feb '14) Sat Boss Hawg 5
clear cutting across from janus Feb 28 WebberX 10
Hey MS04 What ever happened to.... Feb 28 The answer 8

Carrollton News Video

Carrollton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:49 am PST

NFL 6:49AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?
Bleacher Report 4:11 PM
Titans Release Bernard Pollard
NFL 4:12 PM
Titans to release safety Bernard Pollard
NFL 6:04 AM
Bernard Pollard thinks Titans need winning attitude