give it up

Carrollton, GA

#21 Nov 13, 2012
http://www.caintv.com/Ohiofoodstampchecksarea...

This article is very interesting,funny,bottom feeder's things are not looking good for you now.

Ohio,get ready to eat crow,your food stamps have just been hijacked and it hasn't even been a week!!

Good Job!

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#22 Nov 13, 2012
Are you honestly taking *pleasure* in the knowledge that families in Ohio who are scratching to get by will have less food on the table starting in January?

Really?

And this reduction was calculated long before the election, and was based on last year's mild winter and lower natural gas prices this year.

So. Climate change and dropping gas prices.
give it up

Carrollton, GA

#23 Nov 13, 2012
Let their hero Obama help them out since he did win Ohio,but everyone knows that was a key State.Why should I care!!! Let these same folks get a job oh that's right Obama will help them or will he now that he can do exactly what he wants.
Obama,has done this to the Country..If these people weren't expecting hand-outs they would work and stop living off the tax payer's.

Really!!

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#24 Nov 13, 2012
Most of the people on EBT do have jobs. They just aren't paid enough by the "job creators" to be able to make ends meet -- same reason they can't afford health insurance.

Since most of them work, they ARE tax-payers.

I think the single thing that is the most off-putting about conservatives and the Republican party is the lack of empathy and common decency shown toward people less fortunate than they are.

As you so ably demonstrate in your post. I guess the "as you do to the least of these" part of your religion doesn't apply to you and your ilk, does it?

“Mess with these Claws......”

Since: Oct 09

Carrollton, GA

#25 Nov 13, 2012
give it up wrote:
Let their hero Obama help them out since he did win Ohio,but everyone knows that was a key State.Why should I care!!! Let these same folks get a job oh that's right Obama will help them or will he now that he can do exactly what he wants.
Obama,has done this to the Country..If these people weren't expecting hand-outs they would work and stop living off the tax payer's.
Really!!
Their hero was full of "helping out the man" to get the votes. Now that he is back in, he is fish tailing on many things. Imagine that. People are slowly seeing the result of putting this clown back in office. It is going to be a rough 4 years.

“Mess with these Claws......”

Since: Oct 09

Carrollton, GA

#26 Nov 13, 2012
Wob, you just keep wearing those blinders girl. You better get you a good seatbelt too because this ride is going to be a very bumpy one.

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#27 Nov 14, 2012
It's beyond me how things Obama has no control or input into are blamed on him. The EBT situation in Ohio is due to a calculation by the USDA using previous years' data regarding the cost of heating and climate.

Just like gas prices. He has no input on those -- that's the oil cartel sets those.

Hey, I know! Let's blame Obama for the freeze warning last night! Makes about as much sense as blaming him for a reduction in benefits that was in the pipeline long before the election...
old man

AOL

#28 Nov 15, 2012
Not Santa Claus wrote:
The "Santa Claus" comments are non-sensical b/c not only is the growth in food stamps taking place in counties that vote Republican but the so-called Red States consume more government resources than Blue States.
Could the reason be because we've been over run by the criminal element from south of the boarder?

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#29 Nov 15, 2012
No, the reason is more people out of work and more people who just don't make enough money to afford food after they pay for rent or mortgage, insurance, gas for their cars to get to work, and utilities. Prices for all these things are outstripping their income.

It's especially tough for people who make less than $12 an hour -- those are the working poor, and there are a lot more of them than there are people who make over $250,000 a year.
old man

AOL

#30 Nov 15, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
It's beyond me how things Obama has no control or input into are blamed on him. The EBT situation in Ohio is due to a calculation by the USDA using previous years' data regarding the cost of heating and climate.
Just like gas prices. He has no input on those -- that's the oil cartel sets those.
Hey, I know! Let's blame Obama for the freeze warning last night! Makes about as much sense as blaming him for a reduction in benefits that was in the pipeline long before the election...
I know, lets blame Bush, obama's still doing it

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#31 Nov 15, 2012
http://blogs.berkeley.edu/2012/11/13/the-verd...

62% of those making 30,000 voted for Obama. Romney was right, the 47% want their free stuff.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#32 Nov 15, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
Here's something I simply cannot wrap my head around: Why should health care be rationed based on your income? Shouldn't it be freely available to every American citizen, regardless of income?
No, because the ones that continue using the system that do not pay, also continue the bad habits of drinking, smoking, being overweight. Why should I pay for these loser over and over for something that is totally preventable?

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#33 Nov 16, 2012
MSO4 wrote:
http://blogs.berkeley.edu/2012 /11/13/the-verdict-on-class-an d-voting/
62% of those making 30,000 voted for Obama. Romney was right, the 47% want their free stuff.
So you're saying (like Romney) that anyone who makes less than $30,000 per year is a government moocher? You do realize that famous 47% is broken down like this:

10% retired elderly
30% pay FICA, but generally get a refund
7% earn less than $20,000 a year

And don't forget all those people pay (or paid) Social Security taxes, pay state and local taxes, sales taxes, ad valorem taxes, property taxes, all the taxes the 53% pay, but with less disposable income to do it with. Being elderly or on disability doesn't exempt you from all the other taxes -- we just sent off our property taxes.

You don't get exemptions from all the day to day taxes. Even people with no jobs and on welfare have to pay sales taxes.

So that "47% are takers" crap just doesn't wash. They just want an opportunity to have basic healthcare.
stinky pete

Austell, GA

#34 Nov 16, 2012
you don't get a level playing field- when it comes time for you to be microscoped by the death panel wobb, they're just gonna say- "she's not worth it" bye-bye wobb!!!
stinky pete

Austell, GA

#35 Nov 16, 2012
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>No, because the ones that continue using the system that do not pay, also continue the bad habits of drinking, smoking, being overweight. Why should I pay for these loser over and over for something that is totally preventable?
also , why should we have to pay out of our pocket to buy insurance for drug addicts, drunks, and other detritus? every body is equal in the wobb's world.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#36 Nov 17, 2012
stinky pete wrote:
<quoted text>also , why should we have to pay out of our pocket to buy insurance for drug addicts, drunks, and other detritus? every body is equal in the wobb's world.
Correct. Because these idiots make stupid decisions, that should not cost me.

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#37 Nov 17, 2012
You already do -- why do you think the cost of medical care is so high? Uninsured people doing what the Republicans tell them, "Go to the ER." That's fine, but then they can't pay the bill, and eventually it gets written off and the cost is passed on to the people who *do* have insurance, or who *do* pay their bills, even if it ruins them.

Obamacare will insure these people so that the cost of medical care can go down over time. No more passing on bad debt to the other people.
OBAMA12

Temple, GA

#38 Nov 17, 2012
I don't understand why some of these people
That are blessed with more money don't help out some of the not so fortunate in our country! I
Look around here at some of the snobs driving around in 50 thousand dollar vehicles when the majority of our county don't have that much in
Their house! I think they should have to
Pay more taxes! Come on
People it's America! Lets be more
Helpful to the less fortunate!

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#39 Nov 17, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
You already do -- why do you think the cost of medical care is so high? Uninsured people doing what the Republicans tell them, "Go to the ER."
So you truly believe these low lifes that use the ER as their primary care are going to buy into an insurance plan? Please, most of them do not even have a job.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#40 Nov 17, 2012
OBAMA12 wrote:
I don't understand why some of these people
That are blessed with more money don't help out some of the not so fortunate in our country! I
Look around here at some of the snobs driving around in 50 thousand dollar vehicles when the majority of our county don't have that much in
Their house! I think they should have to
Pay more taxes! Come on
People it's America! Lets be more
Helpful to the less fortunate!
You first slick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min dixie 94,530
Swingers 19 hr Catfish 4
apartments i bremen that cops love to go to (May '10) Sun Jericho Ed 9
Wannabe Dictator Trump makes his first move Sun SeaDaddy1 21
Reading your child's text messages, emails, fac... (Feb '11) Feb 25 john 154
Brady Cook Homecoming King Carrollton High scho... (Nov '15) Feb 23 Ranger Tom 22
blake caldwel Feb 22 Rayvan 4

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages