Bremen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

I guess the American people spoke tonight...

“it is what it is”

Since: Sep 12

tallapoosa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

spoke,silenced,cried,shouted,w ords of happiness or disgust either way we are still in recovery and VERY divided...."one nation, indivisible" lol thats a concept that is lost to the ages....l8tr

“Mess with these Claws......”

Since: Oct 09

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

wobbler1957 wrote:
I guess the American people spoke tonight...
American? They are not what they used to be.
English Please

Dacula, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

It appears that Americans prefer to have a president who appears comes off as "cool" over one who knows what the hell he is doing.
English Please

Dacula, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

It appears that Americans prefer to have a president who comes off as "cool
Irony

Conley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

I am so looking forward to the largest tax increase in US history on Jan 1.
B-Man

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

English Please wrote:
It appears that Americans prefer to have a president who appears comes off as "cool" over one who knows what the hell he is doing.
so Willard and his sidekick Eddie Munster knew what they were doing? LMAO. Suck it, losers! America rejects you.
old man

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Hard to beat Santa Clause, what's gona happen when the EBT runs out and the check stops coming,

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Typical Dittohead, no original thoughts so you just have to parrot what your idol says.
cooter brown

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Then give up your government money you fat wobblin mooch!!
W-Man

Thomaston, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

B-Man wrote:
<quoted text>
so Willard and his sidekick Eddie Munster knew what they were doing? LMAO. Suck it, losers! America rejects you.
You can consider yourself in that loser crowd as well you fool because, that jackass is your president too! Don't let your vision get cloudy. WE still run this country and you are still way down in the pecking order. You have what we let you have. People are getting fed up with the likes of you. You and your kind are nothing but leeches on society and and can easily picked off tossed aside!
give it up

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Obama Care is coming.... hope you Obama dummies are in good health.If not guess what you die!
W-Man

Thomaston, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

give it up wrote:
Obama Care is coming.... hope you Obama dummies are in good health.If not guess what you die!
They're not healthy. They're either skinny from smoking weed and doing other recreational drugs or fat from sitting home all day doing nothing. However they feel confident odummer will provide for their menial lifestyle. My consolation is the fact that I'm sure I will receive better and more timely treatment from my self purchased,expensive but adequate health ins. than the crap the govt will require the deadbeats to have. They will be the ones wasting all day in the waiting room while I come in,see the doctor and leave. Oh wait, they can read magazines and watch tv maybe it won't be so bad for them after all.

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Here's something I simply cannot wrap my head around: Why should health care be rationed based on your income? Shouldn't it be freely available to every American citizen, regardless of income?

And don't forget, a lot of the people you're characterizing as deadbeats and moochers actually work a full-time job but can't afford health insurance because the wages are too low for what they do. Or their hours have been cut and they no longer qualify for the crap insurance their employer provides. Or their employer doesn't provide health insurance as a benefit. Or it's a choice between buying health insurance and paying the rent/buying food/keeping the power on because they aren't paid enough.

When did Americans decide that your worth as a human being was entirely based on how much money you have?

Now that's some sad, sad stuff right there...
give it up

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

The moochers have decided their own fate.Barry, has decided for the rest of population.

If I remember correctly you are also stealing from the Government!!! Oh yeah that fake ass disability you claim to have is free for you so as usual you do NOT count.

“it is what it is”

tallapoosa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

the problem with "affordable" health care as i see it.... if it cost too much, don't patronize that doc-organization. if it is "cheap" it will seem sub standard, and have critics that degrade...we have the mentality of "you get what you pay for" ,so what are "we" willing to pay? what is the going rate for good health? how much is "reasonable and customary" for a life?.... remember that by law a health care provider cannot deny the "patient",and by free commerce the provider can and will adjust their rates so that those with ins and a means to pay, will absorb the expenses........ so yes virginia, human value does come down to cash! if you have it, you are more valuable...l8tr

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

You can't get disability if you've worked less than 10 consecutive years, GIU. I worked probably longer than you've been alive, and I earned my disability. And if you think I prefer the pittance I get on SSD compared to what I could earn if I could work, well then you're more of a fool than you sound like.

SOF, that's the way it appears on the surface, but the fact is you have NO autonomy in choosing a "cheaper" doctor because the insurance companies force you to use their network of doctors if you want the full benefit, regardless of the quality or level of care you receive. If you prefer a doctor who is better for you or better overall, who might even be less expensive, if they're out of network you're screwed. Your insurance will either pay a reduced co-payment or won't pay at all.

Affordable health care levels the playing field so that everyone has decent insurance which can't deny you or cancel you for a bogus pre-existing condition (did you know women are routinely rated up or cancelled when they reach 45 or so, because that's when "female troubles" start up? Being a menopausal women is a "pre-existing condition"), everyone can still see the doctor they prefer, and charges are equalized.

And a health provider can indeed refuse to see a patient -- the only thing required by law is that an emergency room must accept and stabilize emergency patients, who then can be turfed out if the hospital is for-profit.

Profit and medicine should be mutually exclusive. Our health care system went to hell in a handbasket when for-profit medical centers and hospitals became the norm.
Not Santa Claus

Bremen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

The "Santa Claus" comments are non-sensical b/c not only is the growth in food stamps taking place in counties that vote Republican but the so-called Red States consume more government resources than Blue States.

“it is what it is”

tallapoosa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

i said health care, not health ins.. was leading to how much we, being the individual, are willing to pay for our health or life for that matter... we spend millions on recreation,music,computers, even bs diets!!!! living a healthy life style requires watching what one eats, what some people put in their mouths?? really? exercise, being pro active towards your "life"... a healthy person requires less medical assistance than one that is "less" healthy.... fact. and in my opinion, if insurance wasn't required, it would be more affordable... example, auto ins... price is reflected on many factors,age,gender,model,finan ces..and they are way ahead because by law one must have it to drive..think about this,,, we cant discriminate against the very things the ins companies use to determine what we pay, and that there my friend is discrimination...l8tr

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Health insurance up to now has not been required, and it's prohibitively expensive to buy it unless your employer helps out. Have you tried to buy private health insurance if you're older and/or have pre-existing conditions? Good luck paying less than $600 a month premiums.

Obamacare (like the President, I kind of like the name) levels the playing field. No more prohibitively high premiums. No more discrimination based on pre-existing conditions. No requirement to change insurance. If you can't afford insurance, you get government assistance, an unheard-of thing.

And yeah, I'd rather pay for someone with no health insurance be able to get it, because then they'll be healthier and less likely to become a drag on society due to an untreated illness.

But then I don't think health care should be rationed according to how much money you earn -- I think it's a right every citizen of this country should have (along with every other First World country on the planet).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Carrollton Discussions

Search the Carrollton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min silverfox 52,085
Debate: Ferguson - Bremen, GA 11 hr Clearly 2
Grapevine Rest. 12 hr Another troubled ... 13
Bremen Express Baseball 19 hr 4OSM 10
Carrollton City vs. Bremen City Schools (Mar '10) 20 hr Wes 24
Buchanan PD Tue Buckwheat 9
Lauren Richardson Tue MSO4 12
•••
•••

Carrollton News Video

•••
•••

Carrollton Jobs