average joe

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Into the pockets of city managers, mayors , council members, etc. It's veeeery easy to skim if you know how ..
average joe

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Alot of times they'll throw it into the general fund, turn it into money market funds, skim the interest, you never see it roll out , splost has a flow velocity that moves fast , nobody watches a city's books , they only tell you now what they wan't you to know , just go do a freedom of infomation act on city administration's payroll. YOU'LL BE SUPRISED WHO MAKES WHAT!
REALLY

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

By law splost money must be spent for specific projects. If you think different you are wrong. Why would we elect or hire people that we cannot trust. Are all citizens honest? No, but the majority are the same goes for government. If you think things are so bad where you are then by all means get involved.
old man

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

hondo2200 wrote:
wonder where the splost money goes.
In a deep dark hole at the end of the rainbow.
average joe

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Really, your delusional! haaaaahaaaaaaa!!!, why do you think we have a National debt of 16 trillion? do you think politicians are honest little angels?- DREAM ON !Do you really think they run for office (just to do good?) 4 words- head in the sand. I'm just waitin on the collapse.
average joe

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Still laughing - you said" BY LAW " YOU THINK THEY FOLLOW THAT - Law is just a word ...
onlooker

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Less than average get involved be part of the solution to the problem that you think that you have identified. Georgia does not run a deficit because of a law that has been passed. It is a fact that crooks exist in all aspects of life, I choose to believe that they are the exception not the rule. Once you give me a reason not to trust you I won't. Someone with your attitude gives me that reason. It has been my experience that one justifies their actions by believing that everyone is doing it already. Please return the money that you have taken.
average joe

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Beleive what you wan't hot shot ! Just for the fact's,(I)don't owe shit but high taxes. Hondo22k asked a question and i gave him or her an answer from what i have seen . You must've been born after the(lost)was voted in the early 80's. Later (splost )was concieved, By vote(lost)was voted in for sewer and water infrastucture -ONLY, in other words "replacement" of nearly 100 yr old pipes and water and sewer plant upgrades that has'nt been done to date . Have you seen Atlanta's water main breakage problem? Do you get that good smell when you go by six flags early on a hot summer morning on I-20? It's because lost wen't to splost because the mayor's and council's seen the money flowing in and guess what -it then was thought (hmmm, we need that money to put up a tree or a park)-GET IT and to go for recreation and other items as that . HEY,DON'T TRUST ME !!!!, I COULD GIVE A SHIT LESS! When it all collapses their hundies will be no better than mine slick. P.S. you better get you some water , Haralson,Co AIN'T gonna get a lake no time soon. That's All Folk's!!!!
average joe

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Oh yea, the money for H.C.'S lake, them hundies wen't to BON AIRE ,GA . Thank's Sonny!!!!!!
onlooker

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

As I said these taxes are earmarked for specific purposes. If you do not agree with these purposes than vote against it. I did not use vulgar language and would appreciate it if none were directed toward me. If you are not a crook you should never generalize but instead name names of which you have proof. I am a child of the 60's so I do remember, I also choose to believe in the process by happily helping my fellow citizens with my tax dollars. Also i am not slick just fat.
U need to know

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Anyone wanting to know what happens to the SPLOST money, the County Commissioners Office is the administrator of ALL the funds distributed for the county and all the cities. Citizens have the right to look at all the expenditures for SPLOST, its public record. Allen Poole should have no reservations about providing the details, right Allen?
Just saying

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Check out your school system! Your superintendent knows! He is good at spending tax payers money!
taterhead

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

REALLY wrote:
By law splost money must be spent for specific projects. If you think different you are wrong. Why would we elect or hire people that we cannot trust. Are all citizens honest? No, but the majority are the same goes for government. If you think things are so bad where you are then by all means get involved.
several city workers use gas in their personal car from city gas pumps.
Bremen Mom

Milledgeville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Take a look at the renovations at the library. SPLOST
The Grinch

Ranburne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

taterhead wrote:
<quoted text>
several city workers use gas in their personal car from city gas pumps.
who?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Carrollton Discussions

Search the Carrollton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Happy Easter 4 hr Wow 2
What is it? 4 hr Wow 4
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr rename 39,489
Trent Jarrell 13 hr Local parent 8
Grapevine Rest. Sat Not so fast 8
Tickets Wanted Sat The Graduate 1
Dr. Stephen Richie Sat Dwang 15
•••
•••