57 arrests - Rolling Thunder targets drunk drivers in Douglas County

Mar 20, 2010 Full story: Douglas County Sentinel 285

'Rolling Thunder' will operate in Douglas County for the next three months, looking for impaired drivers.

Full Story
boner

Carrollton, GA

#21 Mar 24, 2010
(it's funded by grants from G.O.H.S, Governor's Office of Highway Safety)
WTF did that money come from.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#22 Mar 24, 2010
NoMatterWhatYouDo wrote:
Who in their right mind cares about how much this operation cost (it's funded by grants from G.O.H.S, Governor's Office of Highway Safety)
They took 37 drivers that were under the influence of drugs or alcohol off of the roads...that's 37 people that could have killed you or someone you care about. What's that worth to you?
You think that "grant" was some kind of free money they found in the park. And you know what? they would have still arrested those same 37 drunks "Rolling Thunder" or not.
gonnagetcha

United States

#23 Mar 24, 2010
MS04...do you want me to reveal your identity?
gonnagetcha

United States

#24 Mar 24, 2010
if you keep posting....I will!!

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#25 Mar 24, 2010
gonnagetcha wrote:
if you keep posting....I will!!
have at it slick. Damn, you need to do something to make you feel important.

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#27 Mar 31, 2010
I hear they bagged another bunch this past weekend. Seems they zeroed in on two particular businesses along one street. One of these businesses was having some kind of a reunion which meant there was the high potential for a lot of arrests and they ended up pinching some 70 folks. They sure should have known, these road blocks have been all over the news.
Murphi

Douglasville, GA

#28 Mar 31, 2010
We were at that reunion but we had a DD. The reunion was for Douglas County, Lithia Springs, and Alexander Highschools for 80's graduates. You should know better to drink anbd drive especially at our ages. Come on folks.... At middle age, you should be able to afford a cab or call one of your grown children to come and get you. Let us not forget Douglas County, these arrest are about the revenue.
Neirbo

Woodstock, GA

#29 Mar 31, 2010
How can you put a price on a human life? If they are getting drunks off the street, then whatever cost is involved, is justified. I think they should 'target' all the bars and places where they know there is alot of drinking going on! I'm not saying there is anything wrong with going out and drinking, but be responsible and plan ahead for transportation. There is never an excuse for getting behind the wheel when you've been drinking. I've told all my friends and family, if you couldnt call me to come get you before you left the bar, DONT call me to come get you from the jail!!
Sandra Barber Rabern

United States

#30 Mar 31, 2010
Parents should allow adult kids to call them and be picked up,without a lot of questions,even Grandparents should do the same.The brain of a young person is not fully developed until they are about 30.There is not that excuse for older folks who choose to live their lifes drunk.Every drink kills brain cells.It is a proven fact.So we do need a plan in place to keep all drunks off the roads.Their problem becomes our problem when they get drunk and crazy and choose to drive drunk.Our own lives are at state here.We can try and get adults to call when they are drinking and get someone to pick them up.Sometimes adults will not call and ask for a ride this is why I feel this new program will help all of us.The younger folks appreciate driving more,that probable accounts for the fact that they are smarter about not driving drunk.After a while you could lose your licence if driving drunk or even on a buse.Dont yall do it please.it is not worth it.

Since: Mar 10

Douglasville, GA

#31 Apr 1, 2010
I read an article a while ago on fark.com , I wish I could find the link to it. It was in another city and they had a program where these people ran a cab service and hung out at popular local drinking spots tho offer people who have been drinking a ride home. It was really inexpensive, way less than a regular cab. The people were more concerned about getting people home safe and off the streets rather than a huge profit. I think that's a great idea.
headsup

Smyrna, GA

#32 Apr 1, 2010
Glad I knew about it ahead of time..My tag has expired.Thank you kids..
Jojn

United States

#33 Apr 1, 2010
One night a police officer was staking out a particularly rowdy bar for possible DUI violations. At closing time, he saw a fellow stumble out of the bar, trip on the curb and try his keys on five different cars before he found his. The man sat in the front seat fumbling around with his keys for several minutes. Meanwhile, all the other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started his engine and began to pull away. The police officer was waiting for him. As soon as he pulled onto the street, the officer stopped him, read him his rights and administered the breathalyzer test to determine his blood-alcohol content. The results showed a reading of 0.0.The puzzled officer demanded to know how that could be. The driver replied, "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

“Bipartisanship at last!”

Since: Aug 08

bout time!

#34 Apr 1, 2010
MSO4 wrote:
I just looked at that article and I counted at least 31 LE cars in a motorcade. Now was that formation just for a photo-op? And if it was just how much in salary and gas did the taxpayer shell out just for a damn picture.
Yep, what a joke. Spent all that money to catch a few people. What a waste of tax dollars. Talk about a police state. That picture gave me the creeps.

bout time!

#35 Apr 1, 2010
You know who they caught. People without there cell phones that night. People with cells took differant routes.
Haaa

Bremen, GA

#37 Apr 2, 2010
Lewholt wrote:
You know who they caught. People without there cell phones that night. People with cells took differant routes.
Not the proper use of "there". "Differant"? Nice spelling dumbass. I guess poetic justice would be for them not to catch drunk drivers and one of the drunks to hit you head on.

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#38 Apr 2, 2010
I hear they circled the place, roadblocks were on Bright Star, Douglas Blvd and others. If the point was to stop accidents and save lives why wouldn't they simply setup a machine at the exit of the restaurant? Why wait till people are out on the street?

bout time!

#40 Apr 2, 2010
Nex victim please.

bout time!

#41 Apr 2, 2010
Are they moving from Powder Springs to Bremen now?
urfat

United States

#42 Apr 2, 2010
Most live in Bremen,they drive the vehicle's douglas county gives them to catch nut cases like you..

bout time!

#43 Apr 2, 2010
urfat wrote:
Most live in Bremen,they drive the vehicle's douglas county gives them to catch nut cases like you..
Ok, I'm gonna file that in my 'Wingnut" folder. Do Do Do Do Do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bremen Basketball Brings Shame 24 min ballfan 2
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr Synergy 58,690
Woman 7 hr chokeonthose 6
Old Bremen city golf course Dec 25 Bremen 16
Best General Practitioner/Family Doctor in our ... (Jul '10) Dec 24 Johnson 17
wants to see my wife Dec 24 help me 1
Bremen has changed Dec 24 Hash brown bobby 31

Flood Watch for Carroll County was issued at December 27 at 6:29PM EST

Carrollton News Video

Carrollton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE