New commissioners for haralson county

New commissioners for haralson county

Posted in the Carrollton Forum

Concernedcitizen

Temple, GA

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Who is the Dobbs man that got elected? What is his plans for the county and our budget shortfalls? Are we going to cut services or raise taxes?
citizen drain

Austell, GA

#2 Nov 14, 2012
He's a goodfella, this is one conundrum we'll have to wait and see , no pun intended. It's not just his plans , It's ALL the comm's that need to give an explanation to the county.
Concernedcitizen

Temple, GA

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Are they not spending our money wisely? I'm
Just trying to educate myself more on local issues in this county.
The minority

Temple, GA

#4 Nov 14, 2012
I'm actually well pleased with the services we
Have in the county, I couldn't ask for a more fiscally responsible board of commissioners.
FATBOY

Griffin, GA

#5 Nov 14, 2012
Hahaha. Haralson county?
Bremen Mom

Tallapoosa, GA

#6 Dec 18, 2012
Dobbs is a good guy and he will do what is right by Haralson County.
Another Bremen Mom

Carrollton, GA

#7 Jan 3, 2013
Yeah, I hear he's a good guy too - a good ole country boy. I bet he's got some kind of plan. I wonder if his first order of business will be to pass the Dobbs Tax Law everybody in Haralson County will love it. You get to decide if you pay your property taxes or not. Then you get elected to help spend the money of the ones that have paid.
Bremen Mom

Tallapoosa, GA

#8 Jan 4, 2013
At times in people's lives their financial situations change. Be careful talking about other people's situations when you don't know what happened in their circumstances. Karma will come back and bite you!
Another Bremen Mom

Villa Rica, GA

#9 Jan 4, 2013
If I remember correctly, he clearly published all of his financial hardships prior to his election so he made the whole county aware of his financial circumstances. I just don't agree with him attempting to be included in setting a budget, spending county money and voting on county matters. Of course, he's not the only one that lags a little behind on tax obligations from what I hear.
Bremen Mom

Tallapoosa, GA

#10 Jan 4, 2013
You are right about his financial hardships, he hid nothing from the public.

The economy collapsed and he lost so many clients. You can't pay your bills if you don't have the clientele and the money flowing in which his business was accustomed to receiving on a monthly basis. There are many people out there having difficulty paying their bills, house payments and taxes. I think he will do a great job.
DFJ01

Villa Rica, GA

#11 Jan 4, 2013
Is this the same Dobbs that resigned a year or so ago? I can't remember the details. If so, did that cost the county any money to hold a special election?
Bremen Mom

Tallapoosa, GA

#12 Jan 4, 2013
He moved out of his district. Not sure if it cost the county or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 54 min capn obvious 76,977
Honda Lock, the stench, and the wackos 7 hr SickAndTired 38
Looking for travel baseball teams (Apr '14) Thu Tracy Harris 9
Bremen Football (Aug '14) Wed Supercreep101 202
Bremen herb shop Tue Smokehous 4
Robbie Robinson & Anita Buffington (Jul '12) Tue Rob Robs 11
Lion golf club closing Tue Georgia boy 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages