Student migration a concern for BOE c...

Student migration a concern for BOE candidates

There are 2 comments on the Times Georgian story from Jul 6, 2012, titled Student migration a concern for BOE candidates. In it, Times Georgian reports that:

When asking the Carroll County Board of Education candidates about student migration at a candidate forum last month, Tommy Greer said it was a "statistical fact" that students were leaving the county school system to attend Bremen and Carrollton schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Georgian.

seriously

Bremen, GA

#1 Jul 13, 2012
To think that the majority of students are transferring to Bremen do so because of athletics is absurd. All the people that pay tuition or have moved here that I know came b/c of academics & the size of the school.
WTC

Carrollton, GA

#2 Jul 13, 2012
Exactly! In fact, if you aren't from Bremen you really have to fight for playing time, even if you're a good athlete. Being from out of district is not an advantage in athletics. Just like you said, they come to Bremen for the small school and high academics. Carroll County schools are a mess, just like the article says, classroom disruptions are out of control, even with the best teachers. Bremen isn't perfect, but kids generally behave pretty well at BHS (from what I have heard). I know teachers there and I teach in Carroll county and when I tell them my stories, they just shake their head. Some used to teach over here and love it there because they don't have to deal with all the nonsense and disrespectful kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 hr The WindBag 103,993
Corruption in local government? May 23 WTF 16
Wright Way BBQ going downhill? (Feb '12) May 22 Mike W 110
News Newt Gingrich's first wife, Jackie, dies (Aug '13) May 19 J F Cooper 122
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) May 17 Divorce proceedings 39
what is next to the Valero??? May 15 Attila the Hun 8
Chris Parker May 15 Mike 4

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages