Duck Dynasty Who do you like best on the show?

Posted in the Carrollton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just the Facts Jack

Macon, GA

#1 May 3, 2013
I think it is Jase and Si. The kids do a great job too!
duck fan

United States

#2 May 3, 2013
I like si,he looks like my friend bob who sells misc. At local item auctions.if you saw bob,you would agree
shopper

Villa Rica, GA

#3 May 3, 2013
Dumbest fu€king thread ever.
Just the Facts Jack

Macon, GA

#4 May 3, 2013
shopper wrote:
I guess you are not a fan! You start one and I will respond!

“Mess with these Claws......”

Since: Oct 09

Villa Rica, GA

#5 May 4, 2013
I like Phil. Happy Happy Happy!
October Ks Husband

Carrollton, GA

#6 May 4, 2013
We love Peeeeeeeel.
Yup

Columbus, GA

#7 May 4, 2013
Ms Kay is a pretty woman.

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#9 May 5, 2013
shopper wrote:
You mean dumbest frackin' SHOW ever. I hate shows that feature Southern people which has them acting like backwoods toothless inbred brainless subhumans.

That's why I refuse to watch this show, and that paranormal show that takes place in the South. I hate the way Southerners are characterized by the mass media.
Wille Wonka

Macon, GA

#10 May 6, 2013
Wob, I agree, but if you watch it, they are the ones laughing. All the way to the bank!!!!!!!!!

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#11 May 6, 2013
Wille Wonka wrote:
Wob, I agree, but if you watch it, they are the ones laughing. All the way to the bank!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, but at what cost? I could never make fun of my culture, my relatives and my own accent for money...

Villa Rica, GA

#12 May 7, 2013
wobbler1957 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but at what cost? I could never make fun of my culture, my relatives and my own accent for money...
Have you ever really just sat and watched this show? It is all about family. They do not make "fun" as you say, they have fun. They are a down home loving family that has not let money change them. I love the way they all sit down for dinner together and pray at the end of the show. This show is more on the line of Andy Griffith, a wholesome family show. I guess you are not into that kind. Watch the episode where they made their own water park on a lake on their land and just listen to Willie narrating how simple things and family are what it is all about.

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#13 May 7, 2013
I loved Andy Griffith.

Maybe it's the way the show is advertised on whatever channel it's on. It seems to me they're going out of their way (the channel) to emphasize how silly and dumb the SOUTHERN people are, and I resent the hell out of that.

It has nothing to do with not liking pleasant family oriented shows. It has everything to do with disliking my culture and heritage being made fun of.

I might give it a try.
Small minded people

Bremen, GA

#14 May 7, 2013
This show appeals to the dumbest of the dumb. I can not believe that people actually waste their time watching this nonsense!! It is so staged and the characters are only playing out assigned parts. It is not the person you like, but the character created by the producers. I have no idea how it can appeal to (fool) so many people...oh wait, that is just a sign of the times and the ignorance of our country.

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#15 May 7, 2013
Just checked the schedule -- can't watch it. I have other shows I like on when this is, so I guess they'll just have to get along without me.

Villa Rica, GA

#16 May 8, 2013
Small minded people wrote:
This show appeals to the dumbest of the dumb. I can not believe that people actually waste their time watching this nonsense!! It is so staged and the characters are only playing out assigned parts. It is not the person you like, but the character created by the producers. I have no idea how it can appeal to (fool) so many people...oh wait, that is just a sign of the times and the ignorance of our country.
Hmmm, this applies to EVERYTHING on TV. It is all script, staged, story line. Every show you watch. Duh. What? Did you actually think some shows/movies/news etc. you watch on Tv are REAL TIME unscripted? From sitcoms to talk shows to do it yourself shows to how it is made to "reality" shows etc., they all follow a script. Even the news shows. Get real, how interesting would day to day life of people be without a story line? How organized would it be?

Some are actually good and I personally think Duck Dynasty is good and a far cry from some of this teen mom/baby daddy/housewives/dancing/idol/ bachelor/survivor/wrestling etc. scripted crap. Like I said, Duck Dynasty is more on the line of wholesome family entertainment.
Just the Facts Jack

Macon, GA

#17 May 8, 2013
wobbler1957 wrote:
I loved Andy Griffith.
Maybe it's the way the show is advertised on whatever channel it's on. It seems to me they're going out of their way (the channel) to emphasize how silly and dumb the SOUTHERN people are, and I resent the hell out of that.
It has nothing to do with not liking pleasant family oriented shows. It has everything to do with disliking my culture and heritage being made fun of.
I might give it a try.
You might get a sense of pride watching this show, unless you expect every show to be politically correct. "This show takes a back seat to "Liberal Thinking" and is totally for family values.
The fact is that this show is all about the "American Dream" and making a good living by thinking out of the box, and working hard to experience the dream. God, Guns and Glory are the theme! Teaching the next generation about values and hard work is making this show so popular. NCIS is my next favorite show.
Small minded people

Bremen, GA

#18 May 8, 2013
octoberK wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, this applies to EVERYTHING on TV. It is all script, staged, story line. Every show you watch. Duh. What? Did you actually think some shows/movies/news etc. you watch on Tv are REAL TIME unscripted? From sitcoms to talk shows to do it yourself shows to how it is made to "reality" shows etc., they all follow a script. Even the news shows. Get real, how interesting would day to day life of people be without a story line? How organized would it be?
Some are actually good and I personally think Duck Dynasty is good and a far cry from some of this teen mom/baby daddy/housewives/dancing/idol/ bachelor/survivor/wrestling etc. scripted crap. Like I said, Duck Dynasty is more on the line of wholesome family entertainment.
How interesting would life be if people would STOP watching the idiot tube with all the mindless, useless CRAP it feeds us and actually do something meaningful????

“Get off my lawn”

Bremen, GA

#19 May 8, 2013
How interesting would life be if people would STOP watching the idiot tube with all the mindless, useless CRAP it feeds us and actually do something meaningful????
Well said!!

And about all those family values this show supposedly teaches... how about turning OFF the TV and teaching your own family those values?

That's the way I did it.

Villa Rica, GA

#20 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
As well as the computer/internet.
Small minded people

Bremen, GA

#21 May 8, 2013
Agreed!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Paul Ramsey 4 min got2be crazy 2
BMS teacher alleged arrest 5 min got2be crazy 4
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 8 min bored monitor 56,815
"Bremen House"??????? 10 min Bingo 5
Student to get head baseball coach right out of... 3 hr Bremenman 5
Bremen footbal raffle 10 hr got2be crazy 48
Brandon Reeves 11 hr Specify 10

Carrollton News Video

Carrollton Jobs

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Carrollton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Carrollton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]