Grand Jury to investigate 911

Grand Jury to investigate 911

There are 2 comments on the Douglas County Sentinel story from Aug 13, 2012, titled Grand Jury to investigate 911. In it, Douglas County Sentinel reports that:

The Carroll County Grand Jury has recommended that a special grand jury be impounded to investigate the county's 911 system in light of a June 28 incident where a patient died after an ambulance was dispatched to the wrong address.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Douglas County Sentinel.

training dude

Athens, GA

#1 Aug 15, 2012
this is a farce..it is the last act in a discraced voted-out of office county commissioner with an axe to grind. ashley hendrix is out of office because her constituents didn't want her around any more. pure and simple. she thinks she can cast doubt on mr chappell and the 911 center by bringing this up at election time. the center is manned by people, the software is great and precise, sometimes people are not. this is a great tragedy but it has nothing to do with the software or the system. it was purely a "people error." not excusable at all, the employee who comitted the error was fired, as she should have been. she had over 15 years of experience and she blew it. no question. people do make mistakes. the blame should be entirely on the person who screwed up. not the 911 center, the software, or the chairman. i predict the grand jury will feel the same way.
joe blow

Temple, GA

#2 Aug 18, 2012
training dude wrote:
this is a farce..it is the last act in a discraced voted-out of office county commissioner with an axe to grind. ashley hendrix is out of office because her constituents didn't want her around any more. pure and simple. she thinks she can cast doubt on mr chappell and the 911 center by bringing this up at election time. the center is manned by people, the software is great and precise, sometimes people are not. this is a great tragedy but it has nothing to do with the software or the system. it was purely a "people error." not excusable at all, the employee who comitted the error was fired, as she should have been. she had over 15 years of experience and she blew it. no question. people do make mistakes. the blame should be entirely on the person who screwed up. not the 911 center, the software, or the chairman. i predict the grand jury will feel the same way.
really DJ? Should she have been fired? With all the other shit that happens up there and one simple mistake, that may or may not have caused that tragedy shoul have occurred like this? We all know this CAD system is way worse than the old system as is our Director, Trish

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 25 min Commodore Jedi 110,780
Locating person. (Dec '14) 12 hr Lovely21 5
Corruption in local government? 14 hr Successfully yours 25
Bremen Marine 20 hr Positive Thoughts 5
Decon of Bremen Baptist jailed Aug 17 FriendofCharles 10
Trying to help my mon Aug 17 Joestone 2
Stalker Mom Aug 13 MSO4 16

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages