paul

Carrollton, GA

#1 Jun 14, 2012
According to the open records act, carroll county commissioners are paying the STAR NEWS $25000 per month in advertising cost.WHat exactly are they advertising in that news paper to cost THAT much?
The truth hurts

Carrollton, GA

#2 Jun 14, 2012
Hmm....probably does not help that Sue Horn the papers owner is the wife of commissioner Chappell-or however you spell his name.
Curious Citizen

United States

#3 Jun 15, 2012
Paul when you say open records I am curious what you mean. I am familiar with open records to a degree, but my experience and understanding is an attorney having to file an open records request. How did you come up with these facts? I am concerned as a citizen about these figures if in fact they are true. I do however realize it is campaign season and wanted to be sure this was not more of the same stuff Hollingsworth pulled against Garner during his most recent run of many which I might add. I also do understand citizens often jump to conclusions when the commissioners might be able to justify ever penny of this money. I am determined to get a good answer just wanted to start here to see if you might have more justification and explanation for your post.
local news

Carrollton, GA

#4 Jun 24, 2012
what ever happened about this??ANyone know?
concerned citizen

Carrollton, GA

#5 Jun 25, 2012
So Paul do you have a reply?
jus asking

United States

#6 Jul 10, 2012
i saw where the star news had an article about holingsworh in it and his so called criminal back ground...why didnt this paper publish mr chappels criminal history???jus asking???i know he has had his brushes with ceiminal and finacial system??
jus asking

United States

#7 Jul 10, 2012
crimal...sorry folks
jus asking

United States

#8 Jul 10, 2012
criminal...
duck-duck

Carrollton, GA

#9 Jul 16, 2012
the current commissioner is an alcoholic I hear.I do know he was stopped for DUI and the cops let him go when they found out who he was.
Wayne

Carrollton, GA

#10 Aug 28, 2012
I have never heard this story about the ad fees going to the star news. But anyone can file an open records request and only certain items are exempt from it under Georgia law, such as attorney client privelage. Google search it
pay_the_differen ce

United States

#11 Aug 28, 2012
You never see them print what really goes on or about second class citizens.good thing i don`t subscribe to it! 95% of it is advertisements
valerie

Bowdon, GA

#12 Sep 8, 2012
I guess the star news will now have a $25000 per month reduction in advertising fees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 17 min The WB 55,673
Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 6 hr JayPo 2,056
Bremen Football 6 hr Rodger dodger 124
Grapevine Rest. 8 hr probablytuesday 16
Bremen has changed Sat me oh my 3
Hannah Hutchins Sat Huh 25
Haralson County Jail Website??? Sat curious1 4
•••

Carrollton News Video

•••
•••

Carrollton Jobs

•••