BMS pick up line
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Bremen Parent

United States

#1 Feb 20, 2013
Just curious why two parents are allowed to pass by all the other cars and go park in the handicapped area to pick up their children? I am going to send an email to Ms Smith but thought I'd ask here too. I am wondering why these two parents are any more special than the other 100 parents sitting in line.
Hmm

United States

#2 Feb 20, 2013
That shouldn't be allowed maybe everyone should start doing that... Are their children handicapped?
Johnny

Orlando, FL

#3 Feb 20, 2013
Bremen city schools... Nuff said

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#4 Feb 20, 2013
I'm with Hmm... are the kids or their parents handicapped? Do they have a hangtag or a handicapped license plate?
Bremen parent

United States

#5 Feb 21, 2013
Nope...kids are not handicapped and neither are the parents. And even if the parents were, pickup line does not require getting out of the car.
wobbler1957 wrote:
I'm with Hmm... are the kids or their parents handicapped? Do they have a hangtag or a handicapped license plate?
interesting

Carrollton, GA

#6 Feb 21, 2013
Seems like I remember a post about parents at Jones elem. doing the same thing. I wonder if their children have just moved up to the Academy. Whatever the case, it's not surprising that some don't play by the rules. I'm sure their children reflect their behavior.

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#7 Feb 21, 2013
If there's no handicapped issue, then I'd call and complain. I'd also try to get a picture of the car with non-handicapped tags parking in a handicapped zone, then take it up to the cops. There's a fine for doing that, you know...

Since: Oct 10

Bremen, GA

#8 Feb 21, 2013
Yea, they think they are too good to wait in line like the rest of us!!! They are "special"...
Really

Pell City, AL

#9 Feb 21, 2013
This is so typical "Bremen" busy body,$hit starter... Why not just call the school if you are that bothered by this? Why post on topix? You probably know exactly who the person is, and you just want to come on here to call them out and start some drama. No not me...I work a full time job and my kid stays after.
The kid may have a daily appt for something like physical therapy, maybe the parent actually has a job and needs to be at work at a certain time and doesn't have anyone to pick up their child. Some people aren't lucky enough to stay at home and some don't have relatives all over town to help them out. It is pretty inconvenient for working parents to work their schedule around drop off and pick up times.
There are many different reasons this could be happening and Mrs. Smith may have given them permission. It's too bad people around here can't learn to stay away from drama and mind their own business. Bremen is such a great little town and school except for this sort of crap which goes on all the time. I can't wait until my kids are grown and out of school so I can get away from bs like this. Grow up and find a real reason to complain.

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#10 Feb 21, 2013
First Bremen is a busybody little town, then it's great, then you can't wait to get away from it. Make up your mind.

And I agree, if the OP has an issue with these people parking in the handicapped lane, they should contact the school. And IMO none of the reasons you cite would cut any slack with me for a reason to park in handicapped parking.
exactly

United States

#11 Feb 22, 2013
Really wrote:
This is so typical "Bremen" busy body,$hit starter... Why not just call the school if you are that bothered by this? Why post on topix? You probably know exactly who the person is, and you just want to come on here to call them out and start some drama. No not me...I work a full time job and my kid stays after.
The kid may have a daily appt for something like physical therapy, maybe the parent actually has a job and needs to be at work at a certain time and doesn't have anyone to pick up their child. Some people aren't lucky enough to stay at home and some don't have relatives all over town to help them out. It is pretty inconvenient for working parents to work their schedule around drop off and pick up times.
There are many different reasons this could be happening and Mrs. Smith may have given them permission. It's too bad people around here can't learn to stay away from drama and mind their own business. Bremen is such a great little town and school except for this sort of crap which goes on all the time. I can't wait until my kids are grown and out of school so I can get away from bs like this. Grow up and find a real reason to complain.
I agree with you. People should not judge another's situation unless they know all the facts. As a family with 2 working parents, the lack of a bus system can be extremely difficult for drop off/pick up. Although we manage and wait in lines, I refuse to judge someone else's situation. For all we know that person may be a second shift worker at the hospital who may save your life one day.

And if you ever had a conflict will drop off and pick up and had an emergency, I wouldn't say a thing if you utilized that handicap spot for what - a minute or two? It's not like you're taking the space away for 10 minutes or more.

Let's show a little compassion and not be so judgmental. Surely there are more important things you could be doing than worrying about those two people.
Know it all

United States

#12 Feb 22, 2013
DC and PS
Kids are not handicapped that are being picked up. Not originally from Bremen. Anything else?
Donnie

Buford, GA

#13 Feb 22, 2013
some people in bremen think they are BETTER than the rest.I would call the police and have them a ticket issued.These scum do this because they can get away with it.These type people think they are ABOVE AND BEYOND anyone else there. GO IN AND SEE THE PRINCIPAL AND ALS CALL THE COPS.THis way one or the other cant drop the ball.WHats the tag number on the car and description of the car?I will call if you dont have the balls to
interesting

Carrollton, GA

#14 Feb 22, 2013
Really wrote:
This is so typical "Bremen" busy body,$hit starter... Why not just call the school if you are that bothered by this? Why post on topix? You probably know exactly who the person is, and you just want to come on here to call them out and start some drama. No not me...I work a full time job and my kid stays after.
The kid may have a daily appt for something like physical therapy, maybe the parent actually has a job and needs to be at work at a certain time and doesn't have anyone to pick up their child. Some people aren't lucky enough to stay at home and some don't have relatives all over town to help them out. It is pretty inconvenient for working parents to work their schedule around drop off and pick up times.
There are many different reasons this could be happening and Mrs. Smith may have given them permission. It's too bad people around here can't learn to stay away from drama and mind their own business. Bremen is such a great little town and school except for this sort of crap which goes on all the time. I can't wait until my kids are grown and out of school so I can get away from bs like this. Grow up and find a real reason to complain.
I seriously doubt Mrs. Smith has the authority to make her own rules. She cannot give people without handicapped parking permits special permission to park wherever they choose. That's not how it works.
MatchMaker

Carrollton, GA

#15 Feb 22, 2013
Folks, I've been in the pick up line for one Bremen school or the other for the last 8yrs. The MS is the worst and takes the longest, but there is no other choice. When people go around me it used to tick me off, but now I pay no attention..why get my panties in a wad. I take my diet coke, a pack of crackers and a good book. It's my quiet time. When you put you child in the Bremen Schools, you gotta do what you gotta do.
The facts

Duluth, GA

#16 Feb 22, 2013
It's amazing how many cars have handicap tags nowadays

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#17 Feb 22, 2013
The facts wrote:
It's amazing how many cars have handicap tags nowadays
Not really. The baby boomer generation is aging out, and more of us are coming up eligible for handicapped tags. It's just the way it is. If you want to blame someone, blame all those folks who came home from WWII and Korea who couldn't keep it in their pants and just HAD to make 2.6 kids per family!!

I had classes in school that had 45 and 50 kids in them as a normal thing. When my son was in school, it was hard for me to wrap my head around a class of less than 20 kids.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#18 Feb 23, 2013
The facts wrote:
It's amazing how many cars have handicap tags nowadays
How true.

“Mess with these Claws......”

Since: Oct 09

Carrollton, GA

#19 Feb 23, 2013
wobbler1957 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. The baby boomer generation is aging out, and more of us are coming up eligible for handicapped tags. It's just the way it is. If you want to blame someone, blame all those folks who came home from WWII and Korea who couldn't keep it in their pants and just HAD to make 2.6 kids per family!!
I had classes in school that had 45 and 50 kids in them as a normal thing. When my son was in school, it was hard for me to wrap my head around a class of less than 20 kids.
Amazing how you say that just because they came home from war they HAD to make a family. I don't know where your head stays(most of the time up your butt) but as I was growing up, as my children were growing up and today as grandchildren are growing up. I have then and now seen just about every family made up of 2 children or more.

When the classroom size went down to say 20 students, it was because of the availability of more teachers therefore class size was not 40 to 50 students anymore.
Yes, they called it a baby boom, but did you ever think babies were born more during that time because the men back from war found out WHAT was important, family? War is hell.
interesting

Carrollton, GA

#20 Feb 23, 2013
And now just like every other topic this will become an october vs wobbler battle site. Wonderful

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 10 min dixie 81,085
News Commissioner wants former bank building for Whi... 22 hr tried of paying 1
Bremen Football QB??? Thu Just Sayin 13
Ambulance Bremen WalMart Tue BremenBD 1
Golf Jun 28 Roster 13
Mahaley Lancaster (Oct '09) Jun 27 moonshine madam 39
Whitesburg Mayor (May '12) Jun 27 who will stand up 17

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages