Former bookkeeper pleads guilty to fo...

Former bookkeeper pleads guilty to forgery

There are 7 comments on the Times Georgian story from Feb 15, 2012, titled Former bookkeeper pleads guilty to forgery. In it, Times Georgian reports that:

A former bookkeeper for a Carroll County real estate firm pleaded guilty on Wednesday to several counts of forgery and financial transaction fraud for incidents dating back more than four years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Georgian.

Anonymous

Villa Rica, GA

#1 Feb 19, 2012
We are all praying for her release home to her little girl (age 1) who greatly misses her mommy who typically is with her 24/7. She doesn't understand due to her pure innocense. It's just not right that she was taken away for so long & away from her children who will suffer as a result. This is NOT justice!!!! Moms (nor dads) who have 1st offence, Non-Violent crime should be on straight probabtion, not serve a long jail sentence. Aren't our jails overcrowded enough???? Justice has NOT, I repeat, NOT occrred in this case. This tears up families and can have negative consequences on young children! It would be awful if an innocent child "forgot" their mommy because our justice system is so awful & unfair. I will continue to pray, especially for my niece and her siblings, for her release home soon!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 20, 2012
Shouldn't she have thought of her children before she committed a crime? If she didn't care about the affects this would have on her children, why should the justice system care?

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 20, 2012
NYC718 wrote:
Shouldn't she have thought of her children before she committed a crime? If she didn't care about the affects this would have on her children, why should the justice system care?
Agree 100%. The above post makes HER out to be the victim. Give me a break.
FFinger

Douglasville, GA

#4 Feb 20, 2012
kmurd wrote:
I will continue to pray, especially for my niece and her siblings, for her release home soon!
Instead of praying, which achieves nothing, why don't you do something useful like writing letters or looking for comparable cases etc?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#5 Feb 20, 2012
kmurd wrote:
We are all praying for her release home to her little girl (age 1) who greatly misses her mommy who typically is with her 24/7. She doesn't understand due to her pure innocense. It's just not right that she was taken away for so long & away from her children who will suffer as a result. This is NOT justice!!!! Moms (nor dads) who have 1st offence, Non-Violent crime should be on straight probabtion, not serve a long jail sentence. Aren't our jails overcrowded enough???? Justice has NOT, I repeat, NOT occrred in this case. This tears up families and can have negative consequences on young children! It would be awful if an innocent child "forgot" their mommy because our justice system is so awful & unfair. I will continue to pray, especially for my niece and her siblings, for her release home soon!
"innocense"
"offence"
"probabtion"
"occrred"

You might want to learn how to spell when posting. It gives you a bit more credibility...

"our justice system is so awful & unfair"

Do the crime, do the time. How is our justice system so awful and unfair? Specifics, please...

"Moms (nor dads) who have 1st offence (sic), Non-Violent crime should be on straight probabtion, not serve a long jail sentence."

Oh, so mommies and daddies should get treated different than those that aren't parents? Let us know how that works out. Are you going to suggest an age limit on the kids so mommy and daddy get different treatment?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Feb 20, 2012
BTW, "several counts of forgery" doesn't seem to fit the definition of first offense (note the spelling)...
curious

United States

#8 Feb 20, 2012
kmurd wrote:
We are all praying for her release home to her little girl (age 1) who greatly misses her mommy who typically is with her 24/7. She doesn't understand due to her pure innocense. It's just not right that she was taken away for so long & away from her children who will suffer as a result. This is NOT justice!!!! Moms (nor dads) who have 1st offence, Non-iViolent crime should be on straight probabtion, not serve a long jail sentence. Aren't our jails overcrowded enough???? Justice has NOT, I repeat, NOT occrred in this case. This tears up families and can have negative consequences on young children! It would be awful if an innocent child "forgot" their mommy because our justice system is so awful & unfair. I will continue to pray, especially for my niece and her siblings, for her release home soon!
Please enlighten me as to how you would classify this as first offense? By the fact that she got caught once? She got caught after making 22 fraudulent transactions, per the article... Tell me how that's any different than breaking into someone's home when they're away and taking valuables. What's happening here is that your personal relationship with this convict is clouding your judgement. You can't expect anyone to believe that if you didn't know her and she stole from you, that you wouldn't want to see her in prison. Probability says they're never gonna see 1 dollar of that money back. With all this on her record, she'll probably never get a legitimate job again. So as long as she's in prison, she's not stealing from any free working person. Bleeding hearts, I swear. Get a hobby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 34 min Serendipity412 126,346
Brad Rossman 8 hr Jimmy 2
News Newt Gingrich's first wife, Jackie, dies (Aug '13) May 15 Funeral denial 123
Why would someone cut their grass in the middle... (May '10) May 11 ManofValor 70
Jay’s dispen-sary. A d d y s IRs n XR etc May 9 Jay 1
News Weekly Arrest Reports (Oct '12) May 8 Small Towner in OK 5
Brandon Reeves (Jul '14) May 5 Stacie Price 11

Carrollton Jobs

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages