Disregard for stopped buses becoming a problem

Full story: Times Georgian

Christopher Shannon/Times-Georgian Children at Carrollton Elementary School walk to their school bus after school on Friday.
Comments
21 - 33 of 33 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Grob. Anyone who wants more cops cannot be all that bright:).

The signs on the buses are the size of the fans that my granny uses in church and, in a world filled with flashing lights, I don't think the two paltry ones roughly the size of a flash light really are that noticeable.

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Newbie wrote:
Grob. Anyone who wants more cops cannot be all that bright:).
The signs on the buses are the size of the fans that my granny uses in church and, in a world filled with flashing lights, I don't think the two paltry ones roughly the size of a flash light really are that noticeable.

So you lead with a personal jab?

Douglas county doesn't have enough cops, we've known this for years. One obvious result from this has been the escalation of traffic problems. Particularly the number of a-holes who want to drive 40 and 50 through a school zone or around a stopped school bus.

I know we won't be getting more cops any time soon, but we could see this trend change if the cops we had spent 1 day a week at each school handing out tickets. Word would get out quickly and people might actually start doing the right thing.

I only care about the end result, not the mechanism.
Grobbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Grob, are you a cop or just play one on t.v (kidding;)?

I agree about the speeding problem and your point about having more enforcement.
paul

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

spitfire2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a bad idea, something that would damage the offending car. Problem is that impact could potentially cause injury to one of the kids due to flying debris, of the driver losing control of their car. Many buses do have cameras to record the tags, not sure if D county is using any.
how does one go about losing control of a STOPPED bus?

Since: Apr 12

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

It's not just a disregard for the buses. I also see no reason for buses to stop and sit while they wait up to 4 minutes for children to get to the bus. Parents should have their children up, dressed and on time. However if the bus is stopped everyone should abide by the laws.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Wgcpl wrote:
It's not just a disregard for the buses. I also see no reason for buses to stop and sit while they wait up to 4 minutes for children to get to the bus. Parents should have their children up, dressed and on time. However if the bus is stopped everyone should abide by the laws.
They need to abide for sure. I carry a couple of eggs just in case someone from the other side blows past a stopped bus in front of me. PLEASE come back and gripe to me about your windshield if you're one of the a-holes who I hit.
Grob
hi2u

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we do need more cops in Douglas county. We don't have enough. We also need to have MORE tickets being written for people speeding in school zones. Take a trip down to Tyrone some morning and see how the school zones work down there. People fear going 1 mph over the speed limit in that town because the cops there will pull them over and give them an expensive ticket without fail. In Douglas county it's as if the cops have better things to do that run down people speeding in school zones. If enough of them get tickets this crap will stop.
Grobbbbbbbbbb
more cops?! you don't get out much do you? i speed just as much as i observe our officers speed. they can't expect us to slow down when they fly everywhere.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

hi2u wrote:
<quoted text>
more cops?! you don't get out much do you? i speed just as much as i observe our officers speed. they can't expect us to slow down when they fly everywhere.

I realize it seems counterintuitive, but when they more than doubled our black population in this county over the last 10 years (thanks to back room deals with Fulton and Dekalb) they did not ad enough new cops. Couple hat with the invading Mexican population and our roads have really become a nightmare.

But how people around here of all colors act around schools and buses is criminal. They belong in jail.
Grobbbbbbbbbb
hi2u

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize it seems counterintuitive, but when they more than doubled our black population in this county over the last 10 years (thanks to back room deals with Fulton and Dekalb) they did not ad enough new cops. Couple hat with the invading Mexican population and our roads have really become a nightmare.
But how people around here of all colors act around schools and buses is criminal. They belong in jail.
Grobbbbbbbbbb
well, as long as the cops are ridding us of the blacks and keeping my white self free from tickets im good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

hi2u wrote:
<quoted text>
well, as long as the cops are ridding us of the blacks and keeping my white self free from tickets im good.

Ridding us? Oh no. We will become so "multicultural" that white people will barely even be noticed. After all, that's what "diversiy" is all about. Nobody says Africa is too black and that we need to add more whte people. Nope, the only problem on earth is that some nations are too white and MUST have massive non-white immigration to dilute those nasty racist whites right out of existence!

But that's way off topic.
Grobbbbbbbbb
smokey64

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Im so sick of the racist game. SHUT UP
Does anyone remember BRANDI HART probably not. She was a.beautiful black girl that was killed last year by a idiot who ran the school bus stop sign. It has to stop! If being a few minutes late because you had to stop at the school bus stop sign then so be it, maybe a kid might live. I am bus driver and people run it daily. Maybe soon we will have cameras on our buses and you morons that run them can pay the fine (480-580.00) and 4 points on your license. Then your insurance goes. Is it really worth it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

smokey64 wrote:
Does anyone remember BRANDI HART probably not. She was a.beautiful black girl that was killed last year by a idiot who ran the school bus stop sign. It has to stop! If being a few minutes late because you had to stop at the school bus stop sign then so be it, maybe a kid might live. I am bus driver and people run it daily. Maybe soon we will have cameras on our buses and you morons that run them can pay the fine (480-580.00) and 4 points on your license. Then your insurance goes. Is it really worth it?

The real shame is that we have debated his issue in here for many years already. Douglas county doesn't gve a crap about the way peole drive around schools or school buses. When you need them most, you see them the least. Only lately we're seeing more of them, somaybe it's time for them to make some money. Seems like school-related violations would be on the top of ther list. Since the fines ARE higher. But maybe, somehow, Dougla count can actually afford to NOT give crap about this problem. We must be rich!
Grobbbbbbbbbbb
Informed

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

smokey64 wrote:
The tickets based on cameras don't put points on the license. They go to the owner of the vehicle. You can't prove who was driving from the camera, only the owner based on the tag number. Just like red light cameras.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Carrollton Discussions

Search the Carrollton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 14 min silverfox 52,085
Debate: Ferguson - Bremen, GA 12 hr Clearly 2
Grapevine Rest. 12 hr Another troubled ... 13
Bremen Express Baseball 19 hr 4OSM 10
Carrollton City vs. Bremen City Schools (Mar '10) 20 hr Wes 24
Buchanan PD Tue Buckwheat 9
Lauren Richardson Tue MSO4 12
•••
•••

Carrollton News Video

•••
Carrollton Dating

more search filters