Review: Millies Pub & Eatery

Posted in the Carrollton Forum

To The Point

Ashburn, VA

#1 Jan 12, 2010
Been to Millies several times (across the highway from Kmart) and I gotta say, they're food is EXCELLENT! They also have stuff like Texas Hold'em on Monday, Team Trivia on Tuesday, Karaoke, Live music, etc. Wish I had known about them before.

And one great thing about them. When you order a mixed drink, you can actually tell you get alcohol in the drink and it doesn't taste like kool-aid like in some of the other restaurants.

Good stuff!
Kim

Villa Rica, GA

#2 Jan 17, 2010
Best place in carrollton to eat.
nasty place

Fayetteville, GA

#3 Jan 18, 2010
I think they should bulldoze it. The place is just plain dirty and the food is frozen and comes from CISCO. Nothing special about the place at all.

What are the last 5 months of scores from the health dept.
To The Point

Ashburn, VA

#4 Jan 18, 2010
There is nothing frozen about their dishes and it's HARDLY nasty. Sure, it could use a new coat of paint on the outside, but my wife and I have tried several dishes there and absolutely loved them. Only problem we have now when we go there is which one to get, they're that good.

Couple that with a VERY friendly staff. We'll go there again and again and I recommend them to all my friends often.
been there

Fayetteville, GA

#5 Jan 19, 2010
I have lived in Carrollton for over 20 years and ever since MIllie left the place is a SH*T hole.
The people posting probably work there or own and are trying to get free advertising.

It does not come close to Little Hiwaian or plates or Gabes in Villa Rica, come on really Millies'? it sucks
To The Point

Ashburn, VA

#6 Jan 19, 2010
Well your experience is very much different than mine. So we're going to have to agree to disagree.

And no, I'm not an employee.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#7 Jan 20, 2010
I also understand there has been a problem with bugs. Sorry, I just cannot eat at a place they has roaches crawling over my food.
To The Point

Ashburn, VA

#8 Jan 20, 2010
Again... I've eaten there quite a few times now. In all of those times, I've not seen a single roach. In talking to others that also enjoy going there, this has never been an issue.

Just seems that ya'll got it very wrong about this place.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#9 Jan 20, 2010
We all have different standards set for ourselves I guess. There are just too many other great restaurants down the road.
gaboy72

United States

#10 Jan 21, 2010
My father won a $25 gift certificate to Millies and I ate lunch there with him for the first time in several years about 2 weeks ago.
The food was EXCELLENT - I had a salad and teriyaki chicken. I have been craving going back ever since. I can't believe we dont eat there more often.
I admit it could use some polishing, but it is a pub!! I would not say it is dirty...it is just 'worn' and there is a BIG difference.
The only issue I have with millies is the fact that they allow smoking. We were fortunate enough to be there when noone was smoking. The fact that there is smoking there is probably why I have not been there in so long. But the food is good enough that I would take a chance and go again...I plan to do so soon.
smokin

Fayetteville, GA

#11 Jan 21, 2010
Millies food taste like ciggs, and the place smells like ciggys so i give it a 3 out of 10.

Goto little haiwaiin for a real place to eat that doesn't allow smoking
local guy

United States

#12 Jan 21, 2010
gaboy72 wrote:
My father won a $25 gift certificate to Millies and I ate lunch there with him for the first time in several years about 2 weeks ago.
The food was EXCELLENT - I had a salad and teriyaki chicken. I have been craving going back ever since. I can't believe we dont eat there more often.
I admit it could use some polishing, but it is a pub!! I would not say it is dirty...it is just 'worn' and there is a BIG difference.
The only issue I have with millies is the fact that they allow smoking. We were fortunate enough to be there when noone was smoking. The fact that there is smoking there is probably why I have not been there in so long. But the food is good enough that I would take a chance and go again...I plan to do so soon.
I am not going to eat around a bunch of smoke.Guess that knocks this place out .I was begnning to think about going with the comments here,nOT NOW
Anon

Lawrenceville, GA

#13 Sep 13, 2011
this place is nasty their food is frozen. THERE ARE BUGS everywhere even if you dont notice and the owners are drunks.... do not eat here.
FormerMember

Woodstock, GA

#14 Oct 15, 2011
When Millie still had this place, it was alot better than it is now. They are struggling to keep the doors open. As for the smoking, it's a BAR. If you dont like the smoking, go someplace else. There's plenty of other places that dont allow smoking.
Seenbetterdays

Winnsboro, SC

#15 Nov 8, 2011
FormerMember wrote:
When Millie still had this place, it was alot better than it is now. They are struggling to keep the doors open. As for the smoking, it's a BAR. If you dont like the smoking, go someplace else. There's plenty of other places that dont allow smoking.
Gross,nasty place! Wife and I walked in -got lung cancer immediately then turned and walked out! Place was dark probably to hide condition of the place. Smell told the story though. Ride by there now and never even notice it exists. People demand more these days. Good luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr Synergy 64,413
People parking in handicap parking 4 hr Chemist 8
Bremen (May '10) Wed Wasthere 62
New business coming to bremen Apr 22 Chemist 54
gmas Apr 21 Crisp P Bacon 1
MSO4 is Chris Parker (May '14) Apr 20 mrsmoss1419 85
Bremen HS Gym Coming down Apr 18 John smile 1
More from around the web

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]