Happy Thanksgiing folks

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 21, 2012
Back in Bremen this evenng to spend a couple of days with family. Hope that you all have a very happy Thanksgiving.

“Connectivity”

Since: Jan 12

The State Of Georgia

#2 Nov 21, 2012
Thanks, you too pal.

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#3 Nov 21, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Have the pecan and sweet potato pies done, the cornbread for the dressing is done, and the turkey is dry brining in the fridge.

I used real sweet potatoes this year for the pie and the sweet potato casserole, instead of canned yams, and I used an old fashioned pecan pie recipe that doesn't use Karo syrup. Plus my standard pie crust made with vodka instead of cold water -- makes a lighter, more tender crust.(It's just 2 teaspoons cold vodka, so y'all calm down.)
Guccimane

Decatur, GA

#4 Nov 21, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Have the pecan and sweet potato pies done, the cornbread for the dressing is done, and the turkey is dry brining in the fridge.
I used real sweet potatoes this year for the pie and the sweet potato casserole, instead of canned yams, and I used an old fashioned pecan pie recipe that doesn't use Karo syrup. Plus my standard pie crust made with vodka instead of
cold water -- makes a lighter, more tender crust.
(It's just 2 teaspoons cold vodka, so y'all calm
down.)
sounds delicious wobbler! Happy thanksgiving to all!!
Jojn

Fremont, CA

#5 Nov 23, 2012
Was just another day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 20 min Aggie23 123,472
Bremen roadside litter 15 hr UGAsux2 2
Train horn blowing Thu UGAsux2 5
News Ginger Ann McMichen Wellham Thu hmm 2
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) Feb 19 Abandoned Trailer 44
News First elected black councilman reflects on serv... Feb 18 tax man 1
News Bremen man convicted in federal court in Rome o... (Aug '11) Feb 12 IONical 44

Carrollton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrollton Mortgages